Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What was the first article of female clothing you bought for yourself? How did it go?

I have purchased bra panty set for myself

In my late teens, when I had a few weeks wages under my belt from my first job, I went a bit mad. It was approaching Christmas and I thought that that was a good excuse to be buying clothes for my imaginary girlfriend. So off I went to my local shopping centre and bought a short black n white pleated tartan skirt, a black party dress and a red one, two sets of bra/panties/suspenders (one practical and one sexy), black hold-ups and a few pairs of skimpy knickers and finally a pair of shoes. All from different shops. The only person that gave me funny looks, that I noticed, was a young girl (of about 8 who was with her mum) who starred at me in a shocked and bemused way as I browsed through various thongs and g-strings. So there I was walking down the high street on my way to the bus stop with all these bags like some Sloane Ranger. To anyone that knew me, this would have seemed quite extraordinary behaviour as I was possibly the shyest person to ever walk the Earth. But buying all these girls clothes didn't seem to faze me at all. I enjoyed it and felt quite confident and natural doing it. I felt far more relaxed than when buying guy clothes. It was a good Christmas.

The first I bought was a red bodysuit and tights when I was about 14. I didn't exactly buy it myself, though. I had my GG cousins buy it giving the excuse that I was going to be in a high school beauty contest with other guys.

Stevie.

Christmas is great time for shopping.

Just by whatever you desire. It is all for presents.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

First item was cheap red bodysuit, around 12-15 years a go.

Top bad it was 4 inches too short.

That was one-time purchase till recently.

Aspiring Member
    It was a long time ago but it must have been a dress. Our University had a rag week and many of the guys used to wear women's clothes for events so the local thrift shops were accustomed to male students buying dresses, so I was quite open about it being for me. The first thrift store I went to said they were a bit expensive for my situation and recommended another charity shop along the street. These ladies helped me pick out a dress which was in a slithery fabric, had a back zip and was very short They then selected a pair of slingback heels for me. I have no recollection of trying anything on, but these were my only shoes for years. They also offered to find a bra for me but I genuinely didn't want one. I think I got a pair of one-size tights in another store and I was set - I just wore male briefs. I think I went to a dance in the student union in the dress. I had very long hair but did not make any attempt to look like a woman. I had that dress for years.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Panties, in college. I was still super nervous about buying anything, so I went to a part of town where no one wpuld know me. I think it was a Big Lots.
    Life is too short to be boring.

It was a one piece swimsuit. Can't remember what it looked like. I bought it when self check out was a new thing. I remember being nervous as hell. When I got back in the car I looked in the mirror and my ears and neck were red like a sunburn.

The first time I bought a merry widow, garters, panties, stockings. It was for Valentine?s Day. it was easier to tell the clerk that all that sexy lingerie was for my wife.
    I still remember being so nervous, and the clerk telling me at the end of the purchase, after she did the ?gift packaging? that my wife was very lucky!

my first purchase was a short green dress some stockings a bra and garter belt set and lacy white panties i had to put them in lay-awy my wife stood right next to me it was so cool but when i got all made up my wife freaked out told me she didnt want to see me like that ever again .its been 30 years since i bought that outfit i still own the pink bra and garter belt.we have been married for 39 years ,she still cant stand that part of me hell im 62 i need to be me .so i dress when i can .she sees my stuff she ignores it .i guess this is my life till i die but just once to be held as im dressed like she used to .but thats for another life i guess

I only brought the first items for myself only this year, I had spent 25years wearing what I could sneak into for any brief time.
    So the first item was online and was some red high heels. In person it was knickers and Bra and went absolutely brilliantly with the sales girl being really nice and not awkward at all. This was just as I had been advised it would go on here and ended in a bit of shopping spree in a couple of other shops also with nightie and skirts being purchased.

I was around 17 this was about 10 years ago, I bought a pair of used leather knee high boots with stiletto heels from a thrift store. Lady/owner treated me very nicely at the register. Years later when I got had a large wardrobe, I came back fully dressed and donated them back to the same owner.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

It was around 1984, I was traveling the US with a band so I didn't have to worry about running into anyone I knew while shopping. I picked up a bra and panty set at Penneys IIRC and I also bought a men's flannel shirt in order to be less conspicuous. I wish I still had that bra/panty set. It was hot! Can't remember what town it was, but it was probably in Iowa?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I brought a pair of high heels, it was very exciting, after that is started to get easier to buy clothes
    Steffanie52

Some polyester knickers - bought with other shopping from the supermarket. Really nice pink with glitter bits and Wonder Woman in them

I was 16 and with my first paycheck, I went to Goldblatts drygoods store as I did with my Mother many times.
    I looked around the juniors section and spotted these pretty Easter dresses in pastel colors.
    They came with lace gloves in matching colors and were lined in a satin fabric.
    And there it was...size12 beautiful powder blue, this is so exciting!
    I skipped with dress in hand to the nylon area for two pairs of Leggs (pantyhose)...they came in a egg shaped containers.
    No big deal paying for purchases for girls stuff as I was with Mom many times in this department.
    I did get a curious look from the cashier, this 16 yrs old long hair buying a Easter dress, she asked me something and I just said yes and nodded.
    I was totally in the pink fog, paid cash for my purchase, got a special handled hanging bag (surprise!) and couldn't wait to get home!
    I was a little loose in the hips but I filled the darts with the cups of the longline....It looked so fancy...looking in the mirror I thought, is that me?
    Still wish I had that dress, wore it many time as Mom would allow me to dress up when Dad was away from work.

I'm a late bloomer and didn't start dressing or shopping for dresses until I was an adult. My first women's clothing purchase was a set of lace panties in various colors. That was online, so not much of a challenge. The first thing I bought for Vivian out in the real world was some costume jewelry plus a pretty summer straw hat (which was on sale and totally an impulse buy). By that time I was comfortable with the idea of shopping for women's things and neither I nor the shop clerk lady batted an eyelash over it.

The first women?s outerwear ( except for bra?s) was 2 women?s blazers black and green because they fit better than a man?s. I wore them for several years and no one ever noticed.

Thank you, ladies.

It's funny that the thrift store where I bought my first skirt was two doors down to another thrift store.

The second thrift store had a larger dollar rack but that ended up translating into looking through more things to find the few that worked for me. I'm sure I picked up something there that day too. I just don't remember what, offhand.

What I do remember is once going through the rack as a staff person was adding some things. I was very comfortable shopping for fem clothes by then. The staff guy said the side I was on had more of the female clothing and I just looked at him and said in a deadpan way: "That's not an obstacle for me". It felt good to own it like that. I hadn't come out to any of my friends at the time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I was probably in my late teens when I bought my first item of ladies clothing. It was a black ribbed knit leotard. There was a blue sports bra type top that went on first and when the bottom leotard part went on the shoulder straps went over that. The leotard part was very low cut down to just above my navel and had high cut leg openings. I also bought some tights to go with it but unfortunately never had the legwarmers. Hey, it was the '80s.

Oh I had a boring as hell office job in my early 20s where I spent hours looking at hosiery on eBay, building lists and then finally getting some black sheer thigh-highs shipped. I was SO THRILLED when they arrived I tore through the packaging and jammed them on only to be confronted with the reality that 'One-Size Fits-All' for women absolutely did NOT apply to tall athletic male frames !! They had runs almost immediately but the rush of even buying them was still totally worth it! Years later and much internet purchase-savviness accumulated, I'm totally spoiled by the number of resources for good quality women's clothes and CD-specific pieces that I have access to. If I had any real gumption, I'd have become a seamstress... maybe someday!

My very first purchase was a pair of sheer black pantyhose.
    It was so nerve wracking. First standing there reading the package trying to decide what size to buy, then trying to decide what style. Lastly actually presenting it to the cashier and having to pay for it.

I remember going to zellers to bye panties. was nervous at the cashier . the clerk lady said that will look good on you and she looked pissed.

I found thrift stores had more choice and less worry of bad service .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Wife sewed a skirt for me....that was the first thing I wore as well

The first item I ever bought was a Brook all swead leather dress size 7 zip up in the rear with holes cut out in the upper sleeves and straps above. It was a beautiful dress and actually the first time I got caught as it had to be zipped on and off by a friend they where there when I put it on but not there when it came to removing it. There was no way possible for me to reach the zipper and was stuck until someone freed me as it was like a glove fit. Tight but still a perfect fit. Oh to have the figure and that dress again. It was also about 4 inches above the knee and I had a pair of black velvet 4 inch heels to match it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post
    I remember going to zellers to bye panties. was nervous at the cashier . the clerk lady said that will look good on you and she looked pissed.
    This happened to me the first time I bought nail polish but the cashier just smiled after she said it and so did I.
    Crissy