Even writing this up is confusing to me so I hope it makes sense.

I have twitter accounts for drab me and CD me, I am careful about not mixing them up when I make posts. It turns out, not so much when I like posts.

Today I got an email notification summarizing what I missed recently on my drab account. A friend posted something and I wanted to like it so I clicked on the post in the email and it brought me into the app and I liked it. Since I was in Twitter now, I refreshed the feed and started reading. Thats when I thought hey, this is my CD account. I had already moved away from the post I liked and since I don't follow my friend with my CD account I switched over to my drab account and tried to find the post. I didn't see my CD account listed under the likes so I liked it from the correct account and happily moved on. But something didn't feel right. Why didn't it register my like initially?

I thought about it and it turns out I didn't like the original post, I liked a reply to that first post, from my friends husband. I went in from my CD account and searched for the husbands Twitter handle, found the reply post and sure enough there was a big red heart on the reply and I was in my CD account. I quickly unliked it, went back to the drab account and liked the replay and checked again to see that my CD account wasn't in the list of likes. Crisis averted, hopefully.

Now I wonder if I have ever done this in the past and not noticed? Do my friends count the likes as they pile up or do they actually review who liked their posts? Have they accidentally learned about my CD'ing and just not said anything? Do they privately say, look who messed up their twitter accounts again, and have a private laugh?

I thought I was smart about it but I think I need to be more careful with my social media. I've done something similar on Facebook trying to join a group. Luckily my wife is one of the moderators and she just denies my request. My biggest problem is linking from email into the app, the app doesn't care which account I'm on, only that I want to go to a specific post.

Anyone else have problems keeping track of who they are at any given moment in time?