Thread: Trouble keeping track of multiple persona's

Trouble keeping track of multiple persona's

Even writing this up is confusing to me so I hope it makes sense.

I have twitter accounts for drab me and CD me, I am careful about not mixing them up when I make posts. It turns out, not so much when I like posts.

Today I got an email notification summarizing what I missed recently on my drab account. A friend posted something and I wanted to like it so I clicked on the post in the email and it brought me into the app and I liked it. Since I was in Twitter now, I refreshed the feed and started reading. Thats when I thought hey, this is my CD account. I had already moved away from the post I liked and since I don't follow my friend with my CD account I switched over to my drab account and tried to find the post. I didn't see my CD account listed under the likes so I liked it from the correct account and happily moved on. But something didn't feel right. Why didn't it register my like initially?

I thought about it and it turns out I didn't like the original post, I liked a reply to that first post, from my friends husband. I went in from my CD account and searched for the husbands Twitter handle, found the reply post and sure enough there was a big red heart on the reply and I was in my CD account. I quickly unliked it, went back to the drab account and liked the replay and checked again to see that my CD account wasn't in the list of likes. Crisis averted, hopefully.

Now I wonder if I have ever done this in the past and not noticed? Do my friends count the likes as they pile up or do they actually review who liked their posts? Have they accidentally learned about my CD'ing and just not said anything? Do they privately say, look who messed up their twitter accounts again, and have a private laugh?

I thought I was smart about it but I think I need to be more careful with my social media. I've done something similar on Facebook trying to join a group. Luckily my wife is one of the moderators and she just denies my request. My biggest problem is linking from email into the app, the app doesn't care which account I'm on, only that I want to go to a specific post.

Anyone else have problems keeping track of who they are at any given moment in time?
    Rebecca Bas

Banned Read only
    Well since I am the same person DRAG or DRAB, I would have to say no.

That’s why I’m just out and don’t have to worry about all that.

I am a big social media user in drab but I won't use it for crossdressing. I've got a couple of crossdresser friends that I keep in touch with using a private email account that only I know how to access and I keep the password between my ears. Likewise with this forum, I use my private email for all correspondence related to this board and only I know how to access. I'm always mixing things up when I'm in a rush so I keep the two personas separate and Star does not use social media.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

PS, I did have a potential close call if I had not noticed it. I had one of the social media apps on my phone and the default setting was automatically uploading every photo I took with my phone to my public account. I came perilously close to uploading crossdressing photos to my drab account. Luckily I took a photo of one of the cats with my phone and saw that it was doing that. I didn't set it up to do that but these apps all go to their default settings at setup and one has to be very careful when installing them. I recall that I tried to change the settings and was not able to get it to stop so I removed the app and use the service through the phone web browser. I'm pretty good with tech but I don't want to have to devote any time to managing social media apps or trouble shooting settings which as everybody knows can turn into an hours long wild goose chase at times.

Banned Read only
    The bottom line with all this is still having something to hide .

There have been many posts like this in the past , the problem we face with so many online accounts is they search for connections to make more money , we think we're using secure sites but we don't see what is happening behind our backs .

I admit I'm not so technically minded anymore , my new mobile phone is a total mystery to me , without thinking I connected my Emails between my mobile and my laptop , both my Gmail accounts were combined on my mobile , which means anyone could read my male and female accounts . Until I understand how to sort it I've deleted the account connections .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-22-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No because I am the same person.
    Must be awful having to hide like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    The bottom line with all this is still having something to hide .
    without thinking I connected my Emails between my mobile and my laptop , both my Gmail accounts were combined on my mobile , which means anyone could read my male and female accounts . Until I understand how to sort it I've deleted the account connections .
    So,If you are "out" and living as a female,what do you have to hide? And from whom?
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Yes, I ran into that problem at one point. I found that the best solution is to have a dedicated device for each twitter account, or at least two, his and hers. Then you will also have a mechanical way to keep track of your gender online. Of course that means switching back and forth.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I don't tweet nor do I have any cd accounts so I have no problem with either.
    Jon

Banned Read only
    Rogina,
    I was referring to " Heisthebride" it is only a problem if you still have something to hide .

As for my phone problem , most of us have private conversations and Emails we prefer others not to see , so I need to sort the privacy aspect on my phone .

I once had an Facebook account for Raychel,
    but my wife got notifications about possible friend,
    she was fine with that, but other friends may not have been so cool
    I deleted that account and now Raychel just has no social media presence
    only online activity for her is here.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I’m not overly concerned about being discovered, it’s just a story that happened and a warning to others that it could happen to them. I have friends who know and friends who don’t. Everyone reacts different, but ultimately I don’t think my not knowing friends would stop being my friends if they found out. But I do try to keep things separate.

It’s the age we live in, complex technology and facial recognition, it plays a part.
    Rebecca Bas

Aspiring Member
    I keep all my Susan stuff on a separate computer. There is still some Google-related crossover via the IP address so that when I use Google at work I start getting adverts for dresses and bras, so I use DuckDuckGo for searches now whenever I can. I am on social media only as Susan and this is active mainly in closed groups (style-based not crossdressing). My phone is Susan-free except for a single order for dresses but the phone has fingerprint access only. Yes, being secret is tedious but my reason is not the usual one. My friends and colleagues would be fine with me crossdressing (some of them know and they are). It is that I have a life outside crossdressing where I spend my time doing something worthwhile and it is this I want to be remembered for - not for being the guy in the dress.

Banned Read only
    I fell into this trap a few weeks ago. I sent my daughter a comment on some news item from my cellphone. Later I sent her a further comment on the same topic from "gmail" on my laptop.

Well, she thought it a strange coincidence that she got two closely related comments on the same topic, one from me and one on gmail from someone she'd never heard of named Lori Ann "X." She was puzzled. "Was that you, Dad?" she asked. "Or did you have something to do with that?"

As it turned out, I thought I was logged into gmail on my laptop under my real name, but gmail (unlike many other apps) remains open in the name of whoever logged in last, and apparently that was "Lori Ann." Still, my daughter knows I use more than one alias on the Web, so I simply told her "Lori Ann" was another of them. It could be awkward though if anyone else fell into the same trap.

Reality Check
    That's why I don't have "multiple personas". Except for this group, I am male on-line. Even in this group, I am still the same person with the same values and beliefs as I am as a male. The difference is my appearance and my name.
    Krisi