Thread: Zoom meetings

Zoom meetings

I don?t know how many have communicated with others by Zoom. I have...both business and personal. I think it?s great...especially when I?m semi-dressed...waist down. Might as well be comfortable. Has anyone else done this?

I haven't used Zoom but my wife has been using it for classes she attends that went online when everything shut down. I'm using my therapists online service that is similar for teleconferencing but have not installed Zoom on my system yet. When I have a reason I'll give it a try but I have looked over my wife's shoulder and it looks pretty straightforward.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To me the most obvious thing is what is behind you. Nobody can see you in a skirt, viewing is usually from the waist up. Nobody seems to think about any mess in the back ground!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Both the Washington Gender Alliance and the Mount Baker Amateur Radio Club have been holding their meetings with Zoom for the past few months.

I regularly attend both in full makeup and dressed head to toe.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 05-22-2020 at 08:25 PM.

I've used Zoom for a variety of meetings, be it work, clubs, family. I have not been dressed for any of these meetings. Since the lock down started, my dressing hit an all time low.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Platinum Member
    My family has been using Zoom to celebrate birthday parties with the attendees from around the country; Washington to Florida to New York.

I did get a request to join a work meeting on one of the rare occasions I had to dress during all this, declined.

Nope, and intend to keep it that way.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    To me the most obvious thing is what is behind you. Nobody can see you in a skirt, viewing is usually from the waist up. Nobody seems to think about any mess in the back ground!
    Zoom has a feature where you can add a virtual background which completely hides any messes. It works ok - the software doesn't always guess correctly about what is or isn't in the background, so sometimes the virtual background bleeds into a person's face or head. It looks strange.

My wife asked me to set up a zoom meeting with some friends. I did so wearing a tee shirt and calf length skirt. As soon as we started she had a chair malfunction, and I had to get up, get another chair, and the switch the chairs around, all in front of the camera. Then, she wanted to show the other couple something, so I had to get up again to fetch it, this time up a step. No question that they had a good view, but not a thing was said. The wife of the couple has known about my feminine proclivities for years, I've no idea about the husband.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I have never used Zoom, and I don't plan to, especially with the safety risks it has infortmation-wise.

This whole video call/video chat thing leaves me quite nervous, and somewhat (Quite) hesitant to even attempt it due to my privacy being attacked. Mostly by way of data hacks and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    I think it's great...especially when I'm semi-dressed...waist down.
    Hope you don't mind the question but I'm curious - why is it especially great when you're dressed waist down. What makes the experience special when you're dressed in front of someone who can't really tell what you're wearing, more than just being alone in a room?
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    I do all my meetings by phone. I have never spent so much time in dresses in my life - only about 9-10 hours n trousers since lockdown started. Sort of answering Reine's question I don't get any thrill out of talking to my colleagues in a dress - it is just what I am wearing.

I've been on more zoom meetings the last 2-3 months than I have been before. Many of those were audio only and I was completely dressed. That was until others in my family started working from home. For video chats I obviously had to change but it's much more comfortable wearing what I really want to wear.

My high tech solution when I was dressed is to keep a post-it over the camera. I've tested it and all I could see was the color of the post-it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Hope you don't mind the question but I'm curious - why is it especially great when you're dressed waist down. What makes the experience special when you're dressed in front of someone who can't really tell what you're wearing, more than just being alone in a room?
    Doing something you always wanted to do, like wearing a skirt or heels at work, but you couldn't do it while in the office. Now you can when working from home. It's that simple. At least for me. I wear heels and skirt every day while working at home. Because I have to use a webcam at meetings, I have to wear male clothes from waist up. And it's naughty and fun, hiding for others what you're wearing.

At work most don't use the video part of the call, but we have been having online meetings for years now (before it was dial in only). Had a zoom meeting the other day with a service provider for my son and was glad when the video part wasn't working since was dressed and in my pink office

Aspiring Member
    I find it distracting to attend a Zoom meeting en femme. If it is a mindless meeting with me in a minor role, that may be ok, but if I must pay attention, being en femme, in whole or in part, would not work for me. I do not multitask well. I now work for a university, so my recent Zoom meetings have required careful concentration. We just went through a 15%+ round of layoffs and face a 10%+ round of furloughs to start the fall semester. For the professors but not the staff, that is on top of a 15% reduction three years ago. Attending every meeting, even just to hear the big wigs pontificate sometimes, has become a matter of survival at most US universities these days, even for the tenured professors. In my world, dressing is a ?back burner? thing for now.

I have been both teaching and taking college classes on Zoom this spring. I am way too familiar with Zoom. I could wax long and eloquent about Zoom tricks to keep things moving along and safe. On the other hand, another semester on Zoom and I will be desperately seeking a better way to do college. No Abby time on line, though. No way would I show up for class en femme even with video off, for two reasons: too distracting and wife is also home 24/7.

I have a sliding door device over my computer?s camera. I got it at a trade show several years ago. It gets used a lot.

Most folks in Zoom meetings that I attend turn off the video due to bandwidth issues at home. I changed my Internet company early in this game for reliability issues. No one except me really notices or seems to care whether my video is on or off. Zoom has become a 2020 version of being on long telephone conferences. (I recall my phone calls en femme as early as age 14.). I can now be in the closet and still entertain the possibility of attending business meetings en femme. Twilight Zone, anyone?

Reine asks, “Why dress from the waist down in a video meeting?” The answer is the same as the answer to the question, “Why underdress?”

A bunch of t-girls in Portland/Vancouver have transitioned their usual Wednesday get-together to Zoom the past few weeks. Susan Miller has been organizing it. She posts the plans and details on the Rose City T-Girls website a day or two in advance.
    Last edited by abby054; 05-30-2020 at 05:03 AM.

Silver Member
    I have been using Zoom meetings an awful lot for work since lockdown and I underdress for pretty much all of them but then I underdress at the office as well, haven't braved been semi dressed waist down in case I forget and stand up and give everyone a surprise. I do spend most of the day other than the zoom meeting fully dressed and that is a rare treat for me and the one part of lockdown that I have appreciated

Nancy, I do a virtual happy hour at least once a week with my mates. I did a virtual birthday party for my mother's 90th. It's a great application.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I did two today wearing a skirt stocking and heels and a jumpe with a bra on underneath it was exciting talking to business partners without them having a clue, love this lock down'

Reality Check
    I've never used Zoom, but it seems to me that doing some sort of video chat while dressed is a bit risky. As someone posted, they had to get up and move around while wearing a skirt. Once you put anything on the Internet (even this conversation), you lose control of it. People can copy it, forward it, put it on social media, etc. It's just not worth the risk. Unless of course, you like taking risks.
    Krisi