Thread: I might stop dressing for a while.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

I might stop dressing for a while.....

Hey y'all!

Yep, you read the title right..... I just might stop dressing for a while. Why? Well, several reasons..... I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE CD'ing. But when I do dress, for one thing, it takes me several hours to get finished. I mean, I have to remove hair, shower, do makeup and then get dressed. Then, I go out and do whatever and it all takes up SO much time. I'm not saying it's a waste of time by any means, it's just that it sometimes keeps me from getting things done at home that I need to do..... I only get to come home every other weekend, after all.

I don't plan on "purging" or getting rid of any of my feminine stuff, so please don't think that I was planning that. LOL

Plus, it's beginning to get a lot hotter outside and when I'm dressed, I sweat a lot. I can't be out in public with my makeup melting off my face from sweating so much. LOL I know that those of you in cooler or less humid climates may have trouble understanding that, but down in central Mississippi, it gets VERY hot and humid and I do sweat a lot because of it.

Anyway, just thought I would tell y'all this.

One more thing I meant to add..... Even though I may stop dressing for a while, that doesn't mean I'll stop completely. Also, that sure doesn't mean I won't log into the forum and continue to contribute to it. LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 05-25-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I can relate about taking way long to get ready. I obsess about everything or so it seems. Nice to know i am not the only one.

and I can relate about living in a hot and humid environment. It's hard enough to get ready without getting too sweaty but then going out adds to the discomfort

At the moment, I see no point in spending hours getting ready to sit in the house, I even have a lock in beard at the moment lol, but when the time comes I can book into a hotel in another town or go to my holiday home, I will enjoy every moment of getting ready all day to go out in the evening and feeling a million dollars. If i get ready at home, my wife would be ok with it, but then I would want to venture out, and thats one of my wifes biggest no no's that the neighbours see me. So will wait patiently, and have been buying clothes and makeup online ready for the future.

Last summer (December-March) I had pretty much given up on make up, sometimes even the wig was too hot.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

The stay at home atmosphere combined with the summer heat and humidity will probably mean an end to my dressing for a while. Among my leggings collection are a number of various lightweight ones. I wear those around the house and on the deck. We do what we can in this crazy environment.

Hi all...I will be dressing less but not for the lack of desire.....its just the arrangements won't allow me too.....besides the current world issues, my wife has decided to retire....so no more time alone.

Sounds like a somewhat normal ebb and flow, it happens. Good you are not giving up on CD?ing cause that will not work and also good on not purging.
    Crissy

I never been out as i am a stay at home girl so no need for makeup but i still enjoy dressing up and being here with all of you girls!

Well, Kimberly, I think you are going about it the right way. You are not making a big deal of the interlude and you are just taking a break for practical reasons. I am sure you realize by now that completely stopping is probably not going to happen. I look at it this way - it is a gift that we can do either with finesse. Most people can't do that. And we can manage it the way we want to manage it. There are no requirements to maintain membership. Follow your heart and do what you need to do.

Kimberly, I sure know what you mean about the heat and humidity. Unfortunately wearing things like hose and a waist cincher , forms and a wig all cause me to overheat easily. Once that happens I will also sweat profusely so I have to be careful not to get too hot. Something that is hard in summer. I have not been able to dress up since Feb 1 being in lock down with my wife. Although I am headed to Florida today, I do not really feel like getting all dressed up just to stay in my hotel room. So I may not even bother bringing any female clothing to wear. Someday I hope things get back to normal. Realistically I feel like I may not be dressing up for quite some time as well.

Sandi

There aren't any opportunities for me either but I see a light at the end of the tunnel and should be able to dress and do some shopping in July. I needed a hair cut when we locked down in March so right now my hair is longer in back then my wig. I am thin on top but it looks alright from a distance and not bad if it's cut and styled right. I'm spending my days trying to decide if I should grow it out. Stylists aren't open yet so I have some time to think about it.

I hope that those of us who are in limbo will be able to dress soon.

Reality Check
    If it's taking you several hours to get dressed, you're doing it wrong.

I assume you take a shower now and then regardless of if you're going to be dressing. You probably shave your face as well. Unless you're going out to a club or the theater, you don't really need to spend hours on makeup. Women don't. Beard cover, lipstick, maybe a few minutes on the eyes and your done for normal, everyday wear.

As for your body, you only need to shave what shows. Pants, jeggings or tights means you don't have to shave your legs. Long sleeves means you don't have to shave your arms. And of course if you aren't going out in public you don't really have to shave any of your body.

Now if you don't want to dress, that's fine, I'm not trying to say you have to, I'm just saying you shouldn't be making excuses.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kim, that's what you're supposed to do. And, what makes u a CD and not a TS. We make a big production out of it whenever we dress.

As opposed to TS's who simply throw on an ordinary, comfy, outfit, some lite make up and out they go!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I live in a cooler wetter climate. In Western Washington a hot day is 75 degrees. Low humidity. Nights are cool; mid fifties. I can the time cding can take and getting nothing done. When I first retired and my wife was still working I had plenty of femme time. I still was able to do any in door chores, but, the outside got put off and put off some more. A long time ago I came to conclusion makeup was too time consuming; applying and removing. Makeup also could leave a scent. When my wife did go out of state for a week to ten days I had 24/7 femme time. Even then I came to the conclusion full make up, including nail polish, was not necessary. After all there are many many women who do not use full makeup on a daily basis. I found a close shave (no beard shine here) and lipstick was sufficient in home. I did like the lipstick on the rim of my coffee mug as reminder of my femme time. My suggestion is do dress up at home and just forget looking in a mirror. Works fine for me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Totally understand Kim do what you have to do.

That’s why I don’t dress every day. Just not worth the effort to run down to the grocery store or whatever. Getting dressed is pretty much reserved for “going out”.

Banned Read only
    Sherry ,
    Give us some credit , we still have to put some thought into it and there's nothing wrong with how a average GG would do it . Maybe I'm seeing it the wrong way and should see it as a compliment !

Kimberly,
    I'm inclined to agree with Krisi , if it's taking that long maybe you should think about refining it a little .

Micki ,
    Of course it's worth it everyday but I'm still looking forward to when I can dress for a night out , I can't see the point of spending hours getting dolled up just to be locked down at home .

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Kim, that's what you're supposed to do. And, what makes u a CD and not a TS. We make a big production out of it whenever we dress.

As opposed to TS's who simply throw on an ordinary, comfy, outfit, some lite make up and out they go!
    You are one to some thing here. I know if I'm just running errands. I just throw on jeans, or shorts if I have shaved my legs. In the past week. Then a comfortable top and bra. Throw my hair in a ponytail. Followed by light makeup. Brows, liner, mascara, and foundation.

Now I know if im going out. Its a different story. Unless its winter. I will shave my legs no matter what. As I'm probably wearing a dress or a skirt. I'll spend a good hour doing my makeup. Shadow, brows, liner mascara, highlighter, foundation, blush. Maybe spend some time doing my hair. Then throw the super push up bra. That I can't wait to get out off. After a couple of hours, and heels.

Kimberly, even if I'm not going out. Which hasn't happened in a few months. I still dress as munch as I can. As soon as I get home from work and shower. I throw on womans sweats, and a comfortable top. Some nights. I put on youtube videos, and will practice my makeup. Other nights I shave, and put on a clay mask. Then relax all night. I don't have the desire to put on makeup every night. Let alone a full face. As no one will see it any way.

LOL I hear ya, Darla..... Nope, you're not alone in that.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Well Doc, I think what separates CD's from TS's, is that if they're like me, CD's don't have a desire to transition into the opposite gender..... I prefer being a CD'er and I don't want to fully become a woman. I prefer to be able to easily take off all of my feminine things, (breast forms, hiding gaffe, wig, makeup, etc.) and only temporarily be a woman. As opposed to being transgender, I know they have to be on HRT, (if M to F, breast enlargement surgery, plus SRS)?.. I mean, more power to TS's, but that's just not for me. LOL

That's cool, Stephanie..... I know all about the weather in WA state, I was stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, back in 2004 and 2005. VERY nice weather, most of the time there. LOL

Anyway yeah, doing makeup IS very time-consuming, as well as removing hair and doing nails and sometimes, I just don't have the time for that, but I do it anyway because Kimberly just NEEDS to come out! LOL However, with my dark hair and even shaving my face as close as I possibly can, I STILL have a 5-o'clock shadow because my hair is so dark. So, I have to do a full face of makeup; orange concealer, plus a lighter concealer, foundation and then powder. LOL

Thank you, Tracii.

I totally understand that, Micki..... I don't dress everyday either, although I would love to. Y'all know I'm a truck driver, so I can't drive my truck dressed. Some places that I go to require drivers to show their driver's license, plus print and sign our names to the paperwork. Also, I never know when my truck will be inspected at a weigh station, so yeah, dressing while driving is, unfortunately and no-no for me. LOL

That's why I can only dress once every other weekend. But you're right, Micki, I have gotten all dressed up, (wearing very casual clothes, of course) just to go to Walmart for a little while..... That was after the pandemic started and no one could sit down at a restaurant to eat, otherwise I would've been out dressed for a lot longer. LOL

I can totally relate to that, Rachel. LOL

Very true, Crissy.

Well, that's cool Kay J.

I totally agree, Gretchen, thank you.

I can totally understand that, Sandi.

Star, I was shaving my head about once a month..... Now, I have pretty much decided that I wanna grow it out for CD'ing purposes. It is still rather short, but getting shaggy and yes, I know it'll take quite a while before it's long enough to be able to style it. LOL

Well Krisi, I don't know how I could be "doing it wrong". I'll walk you through my routine..... First, I shave my face. Then, I get two cans of Magic Shaving Powder which is a dipilatory, mix them with water into two separate bowls. Then, I spread it on my legs, arms and arm pits. Then, I time it for about 10 minutes to let it do its thing. During that time, it dries out, I have to wet it down again, then remove the Magic Shaving Powder along with the hair with a wet wash cloth.

Then, I take a shower. After my shower, I put on underclothes; panties, pantyhose, bra, breast forms and a shaper of some kind, (either a waist cincher or a shaper leotard). Then, I paint my nails, which depending on how many times I mess up and have to start over, that can take a little while..... Of course, I have to wait for my nails to dry.

Then, I do my makeup..... I first put on a wig cap as a guide. Then, I apply primer, then orange concealer, then a lighter concealer, foundation, powder, contour, blush, eye shadow and mascara. Then, I put on my jewelry. Then, I put on whatever outfit I've picked out for the day. Then, I put on my wig and straighten it out, then lipstick and perfume, then shoes, then I'm out the door..... So, WHAT am I doing wrong?

Also, Krisi I shave my legs because I wear sheer pantyhose almost ALL the time and I rarely wear opaque tights..... Have you ever worn hosiery at all without shaving your legs? If not, why don't you try it sometime and see how uncomfortable it is and how awful matted hair under hosiery looks? ROFL!

It just takes me a while to do all of that. LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 05-26-2020 at 11:42 AM.

I hear you. It is so much hassle in hot humid weather, and i now have a stressful job, an i have neglected cleaning my apartment, and other duties. Am very exhausted lately too. I am moving yet again in a week, too. So many people are in horrible circumstances now, having lost jobs,income, businesses, in desperation, sorrow, need, hunger because of the panic and epidemic. I know people whose cafe is closed forever now.

I can understand that, Alice..... It is a very horrible time for a lot of people right now.

That?s cool, Kimberley

It is healthy to have balance in your life - I wish sometimes I had developed that level of self control. The only way I?ve found to satiate my urges is to dress up. Sometimes, having to spend over an hour dolling myself up just to feel human again is such a pain.