Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share that unexpected 'GOTCHA' you got from dressing...

Share that unexpected 'GOTCHA' you got from dressing...

We had a wonderful thunderstorm pass through last night and I sat on my balcony, fully dressed; sun dress with a strapless push-up bra, enjoying a nice glass of wine, eating cheese and crackers, and watching the lightening show. The cracker holding my cheese crumbled, dropping a bunch of crumbs right down into my bra between my breasts. Price of admission, right?

While i'm sure this happens to GG's all the time and others of you have experienced it as well, it was a first for me and it made me wonder what other little life events might have caught you off guard when you started dressing.

Please share.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing all that exciting for me LOL

A few years ago I was walking over a bridge when a gust of wind blew up my silk skirt exposing my stocking tops and panties. I am not an exhibitionist so when a few cars honked their horns I was mortified. Whenever I know I will be crossing a bridge I now wear a sturdier skirt.

Platinum Member
    Just clutch the skirt along your thigh and it will not do a Marilyn Monroe above the subway grate.

Me? Broke a high heel while walking. It just gave out when least expected. And, it wasn't caught in a subway grate either!

PS: Not me, however, when I was in eighth grade one of the girls in my class had the elastic on her half slip fail. It fell right to the floor in a heap. I felt sorry for her. Maybe that's why I wear full slips.

Off the top of my head, the first time I got Ma'am'ed was pretty neat. It may have been more a matter of playing along with, rather than a compliment to my presentation, but it was nice to get a buy-in from people who didn't really have to, or from people you didn't expect.
    Last edited by Patience; 05-25-2020 at 11:26 PM. Reason: To make you read this. ��
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ...when I was in eighth grade one of the girls in my class had the elastic on her half slip fail. It fell right to the floor in a heap. I felt sorry for her. Maybe that's why I wear full slips.
    Or maybe because full slips are sexy? Anyway I'd feel sorry for the little girl too. Being just a kid, she couldn't have known how to deal with this the way a grown-up might, and even then it takes self-confidence and panache to carry it off. I remember a woman writing in a magazine about the best way to handle embarrassing accidents. One of them was what to do if the elastic on your panties gives way and they start falling down while you're at a cocktail party. She suggested just letting them fall, picking them up, stuffing them nonchalantly in your purse and remarking dryly: "You can't rely on anything these days, can you?"
    Last edited by Marianne S; 05-26-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo

Getting in a car while wearing a long dress, learned you have to keep those legs together!

I wrote, I think it was last year's Helen's holiday, about having left the ladies toilet I heard, "Excuse me dear" which for some reason I knew was aimed at me. "Your skirt!" I'd managed to tuck the back of my skirt into my knickers. Needless to say I thanked her profusely as I was just about to head into a very busy cafe.

School girl error.

Platinum Member
    After attending a live theatrical performance in Houston a few years ago, I took an ill advised short-cut across a cobblestone street in the direction of my parked car. In heels. Not a good thing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Shelby,
    I agree with Angela , getting caught out by a gust of wind . I guess having my wig caught inside a top with a SA helping me , she carefully passed it back to me and I quickly popped it back on .

Finding I was wearing my denim skirt back to front when I returned from my supermarket shopping , I haven't manged to do what Helen did but I can see how easy it is to do it .

I agree women aren't immune to a "GOTCHA " moment . My mother in law was swimming with the children in the pool , she ducked under the water and when she surfaced her top had slipped down revealing all , I never knew she could hold her breath for so long but she ducked back under to regain her modesty and her costume !!

I was out for an afternoon drive dressed wearing a knee length pencil skirt, thigh highs, heels, nail polish, etc. A a stop light a dump truck pulled up next to me. I sensed the guy was looking....and he was. I just smiled and nodded. He smiled back. When the light turned green, as I pulled away, he honked. Along my life, I drive a dump truck. I could write a book about some of the things I saw.

I was at a local Sat. Market - dressed and listening to a local band and felt something hit my foot; as I looked down I realized one of my boobs fell out down my sweater and hit my foot, at the time I used bird seed and nylons for my breast enhancer (I have since purchased a proper pair of breast forms) I just nonchalantly picked it up and stood behind a concrete pillar and replaced it - but embarrassing to say the least. Another time my skirt got caught in the door of my vet and as I drove down the road I noticed a truck seemed to be chasing me so I slowed down and it pulled up beside me - a sweet 20 something rolled down the window and hollered "honey you skirt is caught in the door.

Well you know there have been many others - I could write a book on the perils of being a crossdresser, but it's all part of the adventure and I love it...……………………….Debra

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    I had the Marilyn Monroe skirt experience while standing in line for a big sale a couple of weeks ago.
    It was a warm day, so no slip or pantyhose. After that, I held on to my skirt until we got in the store.

Mine was when I went to get at my crossbody purse and knocked my wig sideways! Not a big tragedy as no one seemed to notice but it shook me! I do not carry a crossbody bag since! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I was in Save a Lot, had a lower back itch, scratched, and realized the lace waistband from my panties was obviously exposed as my shirt rode up. No one said anything if they noticed.

One day after I had been at work for about 8 hours, and went to pick up kids from mother in law, I was grabbing my hedge clippers to take home to do my yard. She told me I should wear light colored panties under light colored khakis, because the ones I had on showed through. Had no idea, but fortunately they were briefs and no one probably noticed.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Back in my teens I learned that girls always carried a couple of safety pins to deal with emergencies such as elastic failure. When old enough to get to know some girlfriends rather better I was with one of them when the elastic in her half-slip failed while we were walking across a park. She went behind a tree, took two safety pins from her purse and, so she told me - I didn't see! - pinned the slip to something. It might have been the inside of her dress or her suspender belt.
    Another time, while chatting to a (different) girl the topic of girls' and boys' clothing came up and she commented that girls were much more dependent on elastic than boys - bra straps, suspenders, knickers, etc. I jokingly said that it must be embarrassing if the knicker elastic breaks and she told me that it had happened to her at school. I asked if they fell down and she said that, luckily, the elastic at the leg openings held them from coming down but she had to wait until she could go into a toilet cubicle and use a safety pin to keep them in their proper place.

Mine was at a local track and I was jogging..... I was wearing breast forms( "D"'s) and I was shocked and surprised I didnt step on the one that fell out lol. Epic failure and my run turned into a fast pace walk.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelby , Sounds like a built in crumb catcher. >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Lorna,
    How I remember the girls and their safety pins . I wonder how many of our age recall them using them to hoist a knee length skirt up to thigh high after leaving home and before entering the school gates ?

Reality Check
    I've had the crumbs in the bra thing happen many times. If you have real boobs they just shake on out, but for me they sometimes get between the boobs and my skin.
    Krisi

Only thing that happened to me is wearing a white bra under a dress with a shear double layer top. Yep, the flash made that white bra show through the dress top. Fortunately it was only visible in the picture. Not that I get out of the house much anyway I would love a sundress, any recommendations on type and or place to purchase?

@BrendaPdx,
    I have bought a couple of really cute sundresses from Gap/Old Navy.
    They are their fit and flare style, super light and comfy and are on sale, which is always a bonus...
    At 6'3" and 205# with a 38b chest, I got large and they fit great.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Yup! I had a silicone form drop out of my sweater one time at the Dunes in Saugatuck--in the main bar--a Transgender Weekend. I grabbed it off the floor--no one seemed to notice. Music was loud.
    Secondly, a year or so later, Saugatuck again, I was in my Marilyn Monroe imitator dress standing on a dock near where Lake Michigan and the Kalamazoo river meet. However--as I waited with my friend--ready with camera--no wind. However, I got three cheers, or maybe three jeers, from 3 men in a fishing outboard; the boat was passing by about 200 feet away.

I was at a show and the comedian performing had me laughing so hard my eyes were tearing up. When I got home later I looked in the mirror and I looked like a raccoon. My mascara had run. I had a good laugh but wondered why none of my friends mentioned it. Good to have a compact mirror in the future.

I wasn?t dressed or anything but actually looking for a job. I had finally had a call to come in for an interview well as I got out of the car I?m looking into another cars door window checking my reflection saw what I thought was something on my teeth. Well I kept on sorta primping my hair making sure it was just so so. When all of a sudden I noticed someone sitting in the car looking at me like I was nuts lol. Well anyway I was so wrapped up with my appearance I never noticed anyone else.

I was so embarrassed thought I?d die my face was actually bright red. Long story short got the job. And the people in the car got one of the best laughs they?d probably had in years. I had already walked off and could hear them chuckling as I walked towards the building for my interview.

Funny thing is after the interview I sat in the car smoking a cigarette and listening to the radio when the dj announcement say call is for your most embarrassing thing you?ve done as of late. I called in they broadcast me telling my story live cause I was making some feedback on the phone with it being repeated being so close and all. To my surprise they said mine was the most bizarre to date and won a free meal to a fine restaurant for two drinks included. Took my wife we laughed ourselves silly and got about half lit on drinks plus had a New York strip steak and a live Maine lobster. Anyway great memory and thanks for this post to bring it back to mind.