I've worn a skirt.

About 10 days ago I started to feel unwell. No cough, no fever, non of the CV-19 symptoms, just generally "a bit under the weather".
After about 5 days I was in a WhatsApp group chat and I described my symptoms and one of the group came back, "You've got it. Those are the symptoms my daughter had before she became really ill".

This is not the news you want to hear. Still not feeling that unwell I Googled my symptoms, looked on the Governments web sites and found no references to set off alarm bells.

Well to be on the safe side I ordered CV home testing kits from the government's portal for all of us in the household which duly turned up yesterday. So we followed all the instructions, completed taking swabs and parceled them all up.

Part of the process is you book a courier to come and pick them up and they can arrive anytime after 08:00 so I was up fairly early so as not to miss them.

And for the first time since feeling unwell I slipped on a skirt. The rest of the household are still in bed and when either the courier arrives or one of them gets up I'll pull on a pair of joggers to cover up.

Being skirted has lifted my spirits. Ive been feeling better day by day so if it was CV then I think I escaped any real bad effects. The test results should be back in a few days so I'll know one way or the other.

Being sat here on the sofa, skirt on, legs crossed is comforting. I feel I'm back to normal. Knowing you potentially have a disease that could kill you, having your female stuff sat in drawers that if the worst happens your family will have to come to terms with is sobering. Feeling you're passed that a relief.

So, when I know if I've had/got CV I'll let you know but for now I'm feeling better, back to normal.