Thread: First time in 10 days

First time in 10 days

I've worn a skirt.

About 10 days ago I started to feel unwell. No cough, no fever, non of the CV-19 symptoms, just generally "a bit under the weather".
    After about 5 days I was in a WhatsApp group chat and I described my symptoms and one of the group came back, "You've got it. Those are the symptoms my daughter had before she became really ill".

This is not the news you want to hear. Still not feeling that unwell I Googled my symptoms, looked on the Governments web sites and found no references to set off alarm bells.

Well to be on the safe side I ordered CV home testing kits from the government's portal for all of us in the household which duly turned up yesterday. So we followed all the instructions, completed taking swabs and parceled them all up.

Part of the process is you book a courier to come and pick them up and they can arrive anytime after 08:00 so I was up fairly early so as not to miss them.

And for the first time since feeling unwell I slipped on a skirt. The rest of the household are still in bed and when either the courier arrives or one of them gets up I'll pull on a pair of joggers to cover up.

Being skirted has lifted my spirits. Ive been feeling better day by day so if it was CV then I think I escaped any real bad effects. The test results should be back in a few days so I'll know one way or the other.

Being sat here on the sofa, skirt on, legs crossed is comforting. I feel I'm back to normal. Knowing you potentially have a disease that could kill you, having your female stuff sat in drawers that if the worst happens your family will have to come to terms with is sobering. Feeling you're passed that a relief.

So, when I know if I've had/got CV I'll let you know but for now I'm feeling better, back to normal.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Lets hope the results are negative. Covid is a terrible thing to suffer through. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Let's hope you don't have the virus. Stay safe and well.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

hello Helen,
    taking the test is horrible in itself - I hope your result is negative,
    stay healthy
    luv J

Banned Read only
    Hi Helen,
    This is the problem with the coronavirus some may have it without realising , the odd sniffle and a slight cough or nothing at all and on the other extreme , well it doesn't need thinking about !

Still a shame you have to duck and dive when even slipping on a skirt lifts your spirits , I hope it's good news and ends well .

Platinum Member
    Take very good care of yourself!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I hope you do not have, (nor did have) CV. However--if you did--then you have to worry about transmitting it to others.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 05-26-2020 at 09:52 AM.

So sad that you are not able to wear a skirt whenever you need to. I'm really wishing you well.

Hang in there Helen. All the best. Here's hoping your tests come back negative.
    -Jen

Platinum Member
    Hope you do not have coronavirus. I am happy you can order a home testing kit. In the USA a person has to get a doctor's referral in order to get tested. It's not as our president says. A person cannot just get a test just because he or she wants to get one. My wife got a test several days before having a medical procedure. Negative. The odds are fairly good a person does not have coronavirus just based on the numbers. My county has had a little less than 1,800 cases in a population of 900,000. That comes out to 2 per 1,000. And 74 deaths in a population of 900,000. In the zip code I use to live which was in Queens, NY the infection rate is 1 out of every 23 people. When the regular seasonal flu starts up again I think it's going to be total mayhem at the clinics and hospitals to determine whether it is corona or not. That's the issue with the onset of coronavirus in January and before last flu season. It's turning out corona was hitting Washington State and California long before corona was recognized. Many flu related deaths were passed off as regular flu deaths.

Helen, the symptoms vary greatly from one individual to another so it's uneasy to diagnose. When the test comes back, if it turns out that you had it, maybe it wouldn't be bad news. Given the incubation period (which seems to top at 14 days) it would signify that your are mostly asymptomatic and will now be immunized for a while... Good luck.

Helen, I hope that you are healthy and feel better soon.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Helen, I hope the tests come back negative for you and yours! Be healthy and safe! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks for all the well wishes.

It's quite possible it was not vivid related, I picked up an insect bite that swelled up which is unusual for me so the little so and so might have given me a bacterial infection.

Obviously we're all focused on covid but other little bugs are still going the rounds, things we wouldn't worry about in more normal times.

The test kits were picked up by the courier yesterday AM. Results tomorrow perhaps, Friday if not.

In truth in respect of my dressing the weather has played perhaps a bigger part. I usually sleep in a bra, forms and a chemist but with the nights being so warm wearing all that I'd melt so it's knickers only for now. I'd also gotten used to under dressing in tights each day and now as it's shorts weather that's ended but that's all part and parcel of being a closet dresser. You either accept it, go with the flow or go crazy with angst.

My life is what it is and having vivid read it's ugly head just further puts things into perspective.

Helen, I hope you and your whole family are negative. I just saw a sign that they do Covid tests in the Walmart parking lot, not sure if an order is needed.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I know we have long spells in the uk where we long for the summer warmth but with it come those pesky bugs . A couple of weeks ago I thought my bra had something chafing me as two large sores came up , it turned out to be insect bites right on the bra line . In my youth I never really reacted to bites but now they sometimes need anibiotics to reduce the swelling on one occasion the veins right up my arm were swollen and tracking blue .

Test results back, got the all clear for the entire household.

I sort of guessed that'd be the case but good to know anyway.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, That is good news for sure.
    Crissy

I perhaps didn't realise how much it played on my mind. A mixture of feeling "a bit under the weather " and concern it could be CV took the edge off my desire to dress. I'm pleased to report it's back. Normal, well as normal as it can be during lockdown, is restored.

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen , Glad to hear that thigs are looking up for you and dressing is back. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!