Thread: Tan Lines

Tan Lines

Since we are all pretty much in the same boat with this stay at home deal because of the virus
    It gave me some time last week to get in some tanning time in my backyard by the pool.
    The weather in Central Ma (New England ) was fairly warm last week so I did something out of the norm
    for me and wear a bikini in the privacy of my yard by the pool. I don't wear one when I go to the beach as I
    don't feel I have the figure for it yet. I mostly wear a skirted bathing suit when going to the beach
    It doesn't look as though there will be any beach time this year as most beaches are closed except for residents
    So I have started on the tan lines and feeling good about it. Now if I can lose a little more weight then maybe I can
    feel more confident to wear a bikini on the beach
    Stay safe and stay healthy everyone

Banned Read only
    MissJoann,
    I must admit I can now avoid tan lines now I live alone , I do occasionally find a secluded spot in my garden to go topless just to even the lines out . This lockdown has put pay to spending sometime on the beach , my skirted swimsuit hasn't been used out and about yet but I do find it much hotter to wear than a lightwear bra and a loose fit sundress .

I only wish that I could look good in a sundress, but you are right the tan lines are a giveaway. Come to think of it, I don't even have a sundress, that's odd.

Platinum Member
    The only way to avoid "farmer's" tan lines in male mode is to either sun bathe topless or wear sleeveless tee shirts while doing outside chores. At my age the pigmentation in the arms is permanent. Hence, when I do something without wearing a shirt the already permanent tan areas get darker and the white skin burns. Even after a long winter the tan lines are still there. I would also recommend wearing a vee neck tee shirt which helps a lot with dresses with a vee neck line.

Teresa, I also do sometimes go topless in my backyard as it is fairly private, but I do enjoy having the tan lines also

you could have a golfer tan or a cyclist tan line. Long shorts, like just above the knees.
    Miss JoAnn, I lived in Central MA for quite a while. We could know the same people.
    Natalie

Another option is to wear long sleeve SPF 50 shirts designed to block the sun when in male mode.

Natallie, where in Central Ma are you from

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Maid Marion, I am never in a male mode, I started my journey a while back and love it

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find farmer's tan lines to be a real fem looks killer! So, I do the same things with my arms as I do with my legs. Wear arm tites!

I dye my own girls and kids tites to match my skin color. It's the only way I can present fem appearing arms.

Besides, I grew up on the beaches of SoCal. Before sunscreen was invented. So, I have skin cancers burned off every year. Even tho I don't go out in the sum anymore. I strongly discourage everyone from tanning! When u get older? It may come back to bite u!

I'm wearing arm covers and a breast plate in this photo. Otherwise, I have white shoulders!
    IMG_3096 (618x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have bikini tan lines year round. I maintain a tan on my body as dark as my arms.

I live in SO Cal , so it's normal. Where I use to live , I was in the backyard tanning in my bikini. My landlord brings the next door neighbor out to show him the garden I planted.

He is a Chef, so there l am picking some fresh veggies for our new neighbor, that I just met in a bikini.

I went to the beach on Monday for a few hours. Wore a new bikini that shows a little more cheek, so I have a new tan line, it's starting to get better.

Where I live now I don't have that option, and with the tanning salon closed , all I have left is the beach. Where I live there are many to choose from, and without all the tourists they are not crowded.

But if you don't want tan lines I do know of two beaches where clothing is optional. I use to go to one with my friends when I was in highschool.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 05-28-2020 at 01:19 AM.

So many of you have figure that support bathing suits. I am not one of them. I do have a light farmers/drivers tan, specially the left arm. I have two suits in the house and have even took photos in the studio. But to go out of my expanded closet in them, no way.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I have to fill in my golfers tan all the time.. I do also feel its a killer if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by missjoann49 View Post
    Natallie, where in Central Ma are you from

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Maid Marion, I am never in a male mode, I started my journey a while back and love it
    See private message
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 05-28-2020 at 07:42 AM. Reason: start over

Reality Check
    Tan lines are a problem. As a male, if you wear short sleeved shirts, the "farmer's tan" looks bad when dressed as a female. If you tan in a female swimsuit, it's a dead giveaway in male mode if you take your shirt off.
    Krisi

My SO didn't like sleeveless dresses because of the "farmer tan" look. For the few years, he used a 50 SPF sun screen spray on the lower part of his tanned arms. Then used a 25 SPF sun screen spray on his upper arms, chest and back. That seems to have evened out the distinctive tan line that a lot of men have from wearing short sleeve shirts. He is happier with his presentation in a sleeveless dress now.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-28-2020 at 09:22 AM.

i tanned every spring since my thirties in a men's bikini swimsuit with minimal coverage. I wore that one out after 4 or 5 seasons and ended up picking a pair of bikini panties. That would make the tan lines i wanted for the year and would use that pair regularly to keep the lines consistent. i wouldn't mind having a woman's bikini bottom, but it never made it to the top of my purchase list.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Platinum Member
    Hi Joann , Tan lines are your badge of courage, >Orchid ,oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    No tan lines here, I sunbath au natural on my back deck. Not 100% private but I don't care.

Aspiring Member
    I enforce a rule never to allow the sun to see me wearing anything that would produce tan lines that I would find unwelcome. That works most of the time. The one significant exception was in the hot, hot summer of 2015. I wore a white short sleeve top and a denim skirt to the Denver Botanical Garden one sunny July day. I wore sunscreen on my face, arms, and legs. No sunburn at all. But I still got tan lines where my bra straps crossed my shoulders. Be careful out there.

I've got a farmer's (tennis) tan.

To make it less distinct up top, I will occasionally run with my shirt off, or wear shirts without sleeves.

My legs have lines about two inches above my knees. Pantyhose smoothes lines out, but when it's too warm for hose, I try to wear clothes that cover the tan lines. Unfortunately, that generally leaves out the few pairs of shorts I have.

From years of golf and cycling, I have the typical tan lines brought on by those clothing choices. I just buy a short or long sleeved top to hide the arm tan, and some stockings to hide the just above the knee tan line. It seems to work.
    Having spent the last half of 2019 being diagnosed with, having treatment for, and recovering from skin cancer, what my tan lines look like is the least of my worries.
    I feel that a lot of crossdressing is hiding what is underneath, so it's just another step that I have to take to achieve my desired look.