Thread: All over in an instant !!

Banned Read only

All over in an instant !!

The UK is having some lovely warm weather at the moment so I thought I'd take the opportunity to relax after working most of the morning . I'd been wearing a denim skirt and Tshirt but needed something lighter and cooler so I slipped on my Next black and spotted sundress , it's loosely fitted but a little on the short side with small cap sleeves but very cool to wear . I had just sat down with a long iced drink , not a cloud in the sky when I heard a whooshing sound , within seconds the large sun shade umbrella had been lifted vertically out of it's fixings in the patio table and twirling round like a rotor blade rose up and then was tossed over a 10' hedge into my neighbours garden , within seconds peace settled and it was all over . Without thinking I slipped on my wedges and headed out my gate to retrieve the sunshade but I'd forgotten my neighbour across the road was having his roof retiled , I was more intent on the sunshade until I turned round to see three roofers with mouths wide open ! I quickly folded the brolly and gave them a big smile .

Banned Read only
    Oh, that wind, Teresa! "Fossilised fishhooks, Darbi, what a ghastly catastroscope!" (Since you're from the UK, I hope you recognize that quote.)

But at least all it cost you was a little embarrassment with those gawking roofers. You were lucky that all the wind did was to blow that umbrella away. I've had that happen too, here in Phoenix where we get nasty windstorms in the monsoon season. That time it only blew over the wall into another part of the yard, easily retrieved, and I wasn't "dressed" at the time. We don't have close neighbors anyway. But it's important to remember never to leave those sunshade umbrellas up when we're done sitting at the table. One time we did, and instead of just launching the umbrella into orbit, the wind blew the whole damn thing over, complete with the patio table itself--glass-topped, of course. Smash! That cost a whole new table! I think I'd rather put up with the embarrassment you had. It's much less expensive!

Banned Read only
    I am sure the gawking was simply them watching the umbrella take flight and the lady running after it.

I seriously doubt they were gawking at some "bloke in a dress".

Yes, from a distance, I agree Roberta, And a slim and fit woman chasing after it (did you have your wig on?) just adds to the reason for others to enjoy the moment.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 05-26-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Sounds like the best response! Just act like it is all normal! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Allie,
    Of course and makeup , it's the only way to be .

Roberta ,
    I didn't expect that comment from you , I have had it from my wife but I knew she intentionally meant to hurt . You say you are now TG and so am I .

Marianne ,
    That's what surprised me my table is also glass topped but even my drinks weren't splilled , the umbrella was just plucked into the air in an instant and dropped over the hedge . I suppose it could have been worse or better which ever way you choose to see it , sometimes I slip my swimming costume on in my garden .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-26-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Happy to hear that you were able to retrieve the umbrella. And make the day of your audience. :-)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We have mini tornadoes in the desert here we call "dust devils"!

We were on a camping trip and I saw one blow thru a gas station many years ago. Paper towels and anything sitting loose flying into the sky and full cans of oil trans fluid, etc. strewn all over the place! It went by in seconds. A 40' high vortex of sand moving off in the distance!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a terrible missed opportunity to be Mary Poppins for a bit!

I'm with those who reckon the "gawkers" were watching the umbrella and the good-looking woman chasing it. Builders are always interested in the female form especially one in a short sundress.

Teresa,

When you've just settled down to enjoy a few quiet moments......

You reminded me of a childhood holiday when sat on the beach an umbrella did exactly the same thing, took flight in the wind. Unfortunately it came down and speared some unfortunate souls leg! Not a pleasant sight.

Banned Read only
    Kiwi P. ,
    I'm not denying the sight of a large black sunshade flying through the air wouldn't go unnoticed , the freak wind must have affected them as they were trying to lay new roofing membrame . You never know if I'd left it long enough one of them might have been the gentleman and retrieved it for me .

Angela,
    If Id' been quick enough I might have grabbed hold and done the Mary Poppins act !

Helen,
    I take it the person concerned wasn't thinking of transition surgery ?

Sherry,
    I know they are more of a common sight in the US but not so in the UK , I'm still quite surprised how quickly it sprang up and died away , literally a few seconds .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Allie,
    Roberta ,
    I didn't expect that comment from you , I have had it from my wife but I knew she intentionally meant to hurt . You say you are now TG and so am I .
    I honestly meant it as a compliment. I doubt any of the roofers could tell you were trans and just thought it was some lady chasing her umbrella. I mean they probably saw the umbrella take flight in the first place and were watching it.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    In that case my apology , I had misunderstood your comment .

Platinum Member
    It is possible your neighbor had told the roofers about you and were startled to see you in the flesh.

Banned Read only
    Stepahie,
    That's a good point , if I ask him he would tell me now .

Like most of these situations it's not a problem anyway , I had to go out this morning to do my supermarket shop , I was wearing a neat navy skirt and coral coloured T shirt , I gave them a quick wave and they politely acknowledeged me . Later I drove to my old home town to buy some potting compost and plants for my flower tubs they watched me come and go as they worked on the roof . Tomorrow I shall have to pop out and buy a few more plants and then spend some time planting up my flower tubs , things soon revert to normal for most people .