Thread: Where did Maria go????

Where did Maria go????

That was the question my wife asked me last night, wondering why I have so much opportunity now knowing nobody is going to come to our house. She told me this was the first time that I have gone weeks without not even wearing a pair of pantyhose. All I've been wearing is women's panties and that's probably because I don't have any male ones. With a concerned look on her face she asked if I was OK. I told her with so much going on with this virus I guess not just myself but others are in a mild depression or just mentality tired. I also explained to her that also the weather has changed and I know how much she enjoys having the front door open and usally in the summer my dressing does slow down. She shook her head and told me that I just told her a crock of bs and reminded me of the hottest summer days and we would go walking and I would be wearing pantyhose and she could never understand why I would want to suffer like that.
    Well I told her I'm old enough and experienced enough to know not to pick up all my stuff and throw it out, and believe that it just went away and never coming back, we are not that lucky. It's coming back and when it does it's going to come back with a vengeance.
    To relief her alittle I wore a full slip to bed last night, I never would have thought the day would come that I would have to dress to make my wife happy, I guess that's something to be happy about in these unpredictable days.
    I guess my mind has been so busy that if my wife didn't bring it up I didn't even notice I haven't been dressing.
    I know we all seem to take our little breaks with our dressing, but does anyone else feel down in out about our change in life style and effecting our dressing.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , Thanks for sharing that with us, Some times I am just too tired to open the closet door

Like this morning I have been up sense 04:30 it is now 07:00. >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Maria,

Not feeling down, just have a bad case of the "drab fog". I haven't dressed since back in November of 2019 (due to work back then), we got home in the middle of March, luckily before they shut all the airports down. I have had a couple of great opportunities but haven't really been bothered to get dressed at all. I've thrown a couple of pieces of lingerie on to see if it would kick start anything, but nothing !! Oh well, like you said, the pink fog shall return with a vengeance for sure, I'm not worried. My wife did ask me the other day why I haven't put on any of my little skirts because it was quite warm here, so at least she is thinking about it as well (like yours). Take care and see you in the fog.

Platinum Member
    The world does have a way of intruding into our thoughts, and with such an extensive disruption of everyday life, its not really surprising that your routine and, momentarily, your interest may have been distracted or dampened. Certainly, on the grand scale of things, dressing can seem a small thing. You are lucky to have a wife who supports you and gauges your feelings.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maria, My need to dress abs and flows, I don't think it's a big deal.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

High and intense stress such as thinking about and being immersed constantly in talk about the pandemic, so to speak, gets your brain tired. The usual variations are just too much effort. That may be particularly true of us who have to deal with gender issues. So, the urges and thinking about that is overwhelming and, in a sense, your brain just turns that off. Doesn't happen with everybody, but with many it does. Anything that is an intense stressor can cause a halt in older and even well established behaviors.

The flip side to this is that it has been found that once the stressor is relieved and not so prominent in our minute to minute life, that which was active before and went on hold, comes roaring back. It probably isn't any stronger than before; it just seems stronger because it was missing and overwhelmed for so long.

As Frank Sinatra once sang, ?That?s Life?. Ups and downs, ins and outs, the roller coaster of life, high tides, low tides, the fog rolls in and out...all part of the human condition. Why should this be any different? In my view..it isn?t. Enjoy the ups, don?t fret over the downs....the ups will be back.

A combination of things have made the last few months difficult and suppressed my dressing as well. I suppose that age has an effect as well. There is some light in the tunnel but it will take a while for it all to sort itself out. I am anxiously awaiting that time.

Maria,

We are creatures of habit. If our routines are disrupted, impinged upon in this case by a pandemic that throws all of society into uncharted territory then is it any wonder that how we behave alters to?

I must admit that if my SO was as accepting as yours I'd be in a sun dress like a shot. Only problem would be I couldn't wear it out in the garden as the neighbours would see and that's something I don't want.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    All my life I wished I could just turn it off that easy. The need for comfort during the pandemic has had the exact opposite effect on me.

Maybe your wife thinks that if you're not feeling the need to dress at home, you might be getting that need secretly fulfilled somewhere else, or with someone else.

I think that the psychological and social ramifications of this situation are still in progress. Who knows what some people may be going through.

In your place, I'd be dressed to the nines 25/8.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Maria, I wish I had your problem. You have any accepting wife. She encourages you. You go for drives with her encouragement. Your set of circumstances does not make this pandemic an opportunity to dress since you have that opportunity. For those of us like me we are trapped at home in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage or worse. The pandemic has altered lifestyles. I've been restricted to grocery stores and two variety stores; Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer. I can't even go to McDonald's and have $1 coffee and read a newspaper.

If I were in your heels I'd be suggesting to my lovely wife that both of us dress to the nines and prepare dinner together, sip some wine and just enjoy the sunset in our backyard. Then maybe a 'chick flick.' Use your imagination, girl!

Maria, Like Stephanie said, I wish I had your problem and I know there are many more here the same as us. I do understand we have the lack of desire to dress during this pandemic, not sure why, but Gretchen’s thought about stress most likely has merit to it.
    My nails have been naked for weeks, somebody here asked why and I just said not interested right now.

Update, I just got an email from a small lingerie shop that they are opening June 1st, I intend to go there soon.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 05-30-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Crissy

You my friend are a fortunate man to have such an angel for a wife. I share that with mine as well but I never get the concern you are, mainly because I haven't changed yet. The summer heat will alter my styles and even slow the desires and that I believe is common among us more experienced CD'ers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Reality Check
    I can stop dressing when I need to, but I like to dress so when it's OK, I do. I'm dressed now, of course.
    Krisi