Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of irony

A bit of irony

Hello everyone!

I remembered something that would be at least a bit funny to share here on the forum, and not too unrelated.

Some weeks ago I was bored and looking for random people on a website a bit like askfm (questions that you can even do anonymously). So I thought about how uncomfortable I am about my chest (a bit on the flabby side and that I hate when my nipples can be noticeable). I asked two people about what can be done to prevent the latter (indicating that I'm a guy).

Some days later I check my inbox there and they both said things like "The usual tip I would give is: wear a type of bra, a flat one" or "a sports bra would work". I didn't know if to laugh or feel uncomfortable.

What do you think?

I think you could have saved yourself the trouble and just asked us. You’d probably have gotten the same answer.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I guess that at least I wouldn't have gotten another part of the answer the first person gave, which was something about pasties, bandages or band-aids.

Band-aids and such are common fem solutions for high beams. I’m sure someone here might have suggested that, too.

I do see the appeal of posting an anonymous question, though.

There’s always pasties lol.

Silver Member
    With tassels!

Wait, tassels? How would they make them less noticeable? Wouldn't they do the opposite?

I think that was sarcasm, Pixie. It thrives in forums like this.

Platinum Member
    Hi Pixie , I don't see that as a problem, it is just part of who you are, >Orchid ..00.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Hey, with the cornonavirus lockdown people have a lot of time on their hands. Hope it killed some time. Along the same lines my wife remarked when sitting and watching pro golf not too long ago that the men should do something about their nipples showing through their knits shirts. She was right. Women are wearing form backed bras so there are no nipples showing, why not men hiding them too. She thinks they are unsightly. I think she has a point. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nipples only show thru tite clothing. Maybe buy your T shirts a size bigger?

With big boobs? THEN, u'll need a sports bra!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have seen this recommendation before, usually to do with 'jogger's nipple', where the sports top causes irritation or bleeding, to wear a sports bra. I think convincing your average non-cd male my take some doing though.

Reality Check
    You don't have to wear a bra to hide nipples, that's an excuse to wear a bra. If it bothers you that your nipples show through your clothing, one solution is to wear different clothing. Loose fitting clothing and/or patterned tops, not solid color. Also, there are products made for women to hide their nipples. Round self stick patches. Do a web search on "hide nipples".
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    I am a male with pronounced nipples. They show through almost any shirt that I wear. It does not need to be cold. A few people have said something but not often. I would like to wear a bra on a consistent basis but I suspect that the bra would show instead of the nipple. Of course my wife would not approve either. A T shirt under a golf shirt hides it mostly.

Band-aids or a heavier tee shirt may help. Good luck, and always feel free to ask here. Most of us here are considerate, most of us

As far as I can tell it is a North-American cultural thing to want to hide nipples. I don't know (but I could be wrong) of any country in Europe caring about it. I thought NA males nipples would hardly show also because most of them (in male mode ) are wearing undershirts (undershirts seem rare nowadays in Europe). Hints of bust seem a delicate matter in NA, and I always remember that couple of Americans next to me on a flight to India (they came from USA but were of Indian descent) who erected a small tent around their baby every time the mother would breast feed him or change its diaper. When I was a child in France it was a common sight to see a woman breast feeding a baby in a waiting room, in public transportation, mostly anywhere. Now, to be honest, I am seeing it less and less, not sure why exactly (harassment? Breast feeding out of fashion?).
    When I see these differences between you and us, and knowing that we have a very similar culture otherwise, it always makes me think twice when I am tempted to judge any cultural habits that I don't understand. It reminds me that one size doesn't fit all and we must remain open minded when meeting or welcoming cultures from other parts of this big blue sphere of ours.

Diane, Pixie is in Costa Rica.

I use skin tape. When I go to the gym my shirt sometimes chafes so I always use about an inch of skin tape. Does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Diane, Pixie is in Costa Rica.
    Sure, but the audience here is mostly from NA. It was just a general comment.
    Last edited by DianeT; 06-03-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Okay, it's honestly surprising that my thread still gets replies even after 2 days. Thank you everyone!

Now, for Diane. Culture or not, I just don't like them to be poking out. I consider it embarassing.

Patience, thanks for remembering!

Now, for everyone else who suggested looser-fitting clothing, yeah I have noticed it may be helpful. I guess I still need to slim down a bit for my other T-shirts to fit a bit like that too. Wearing more than one layer is something I honestly prefer, even if I'm told it's a hot day (let's say, over 26?C).

About the band-aids, I'm sometimes considering it, depending on if it may cause me trouble or not.

Dannigirl, is that skin tape the one they say it's used often for medical purposes or is it a different one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_94 View Post
    Now, for Diane. Culture or not, I just don't like them to be poking out. I consider it embarassing.
    Your right entirely. Now about your issue, I think loose-fitting clothes will help, but what helps best in my experience to hide "high beams" is a fabric stiffer than what is found in t-shirts, in other words try wearing ample shirts.
    Last edited by DianeT; 06-04-2020 at 05:51 AM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Oftentimes I'll wear a form-fitting women's top while in guy-mode. Especially now that it's been getting warmer, when I can't hide behind a hoodie.

And yep, noticeable nipples!

Sometimes that bothers me... So what I'll do, if I'm up for it, is throw on a padded sports-bra first. Issue solved!

Yes, I'll gain a bit of extra boobage from that. But, whatever.

As for asking a question like this at a non-CD site? Why the heck not!

Sure to get some interesting answers & conversations.

Silver Member
    I can answer that. Get your self some foam cup bras. My wife doesn't like them because she says they are hot, but I don't notice that much. I'm a C cup and the foam cup bras give me a nice looking chest for the girls.

I love the new Calvin Klein Bralets. They are light, totally smooth and will cover up your nips. The best par is that the straps are totally flat and no one can tell you are wearing a bra. They have inserts that will cover up the nipples too, but I take them out because I like to feel my nipples through the bra. I can even slip my breast forms into the bra. I wear then when hiking and usually put my small breast forms in which gives me a little shape without being so noticable that i have boobs, they are just little boobs. It gives me a thrill and no one notices....perfect!

Aspiring Member
    I went to an all boys military school. The coaches there taught us that a piece of tape or a bandaid over each nipple would reduce irritation when running long distances. They said nothing about appearance.