So my face prevents me from passing normally, as I can never fully conceal the stubble. But going out in a cloth mask has given me more leniency. I decided to go out en femme recently a few times to see how it would go. Clothes and face mask, no makeup or wig. (If some of this sounds familiar, I already recapped the first couple of these in another thread.)

A few days ago: went shopping at Target, went into women's restroom on the way out. No incident. No one saw me in there either, but I assume some saw me go in and come out.

Yesterday: went to local mall to see if its Victoria's Secret was open again to check out their new "Favorite T" bra collection. It wasn't, so headed to the mall restroom by the food court. LOTS of women saw me there, no weird looks or comments! This is a massive restroom with like 30-40 stalls and ONE sink for hand washing, so there was a line to wash hands. So they had plenty of time to look or comment. No problems!

Last night: went to QuikTrip for a late night snack, decided to see if I could manage going into the women's room there too without causing problems. Women's room is at the end of a hallway, past the men's room, with the only other door near there leading to the employees' break area. So I've already passed the men's room, nearly to the women's room, when two girls come out of the break area and see me heading to the women's room. They just smiled and said hi. So they saw me, and a police officer not far away saw me go in too. A few moments later I'm in the stall and I hear the door open... and then tapping at the stall door. O_O "Hmm?" I ask in my best feminine voice. No response. A few long seconds later, she pops open the door of a different stall and goes in. And I realized both stall doors were closed and she was just trying to see if any were unoccupied. (The scariest part of this was that she finished before me and left without washing her hands.)

TODAY! Went to Walmart for a couple of groceries. And... I got catcalled?! I think? I'm honestly not sure. Maybe he was trying to out me. I couldn't actually understand what the guy was saying, but it had a harassing tone to it so I just glanced his way and then kept walking. (This was the guy working at the door. o_O ) After this I headed to a local taco place for some nachos to go. Walked in and ordered in my feminine voice, which went without a hitch, was called ma'am repeatedly, signed my female name on the receipt, and on the way out, a guy held the door for me.

Just... wow. That actually happened!