Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted attention or just being nice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unwanted attention or just being nice?

I was out today running on our local bike path. As I have mentioned before I have a great collection of leggings. Today I was wearing a pair with a distinctive feminine pattern. My top was not overtly feminine or masculine. Anyway I passed a man running and he gave me a quick hello, which I reciprocated. I kept running. On the way back I passed him again and after I finished I was walking to cool down. He came over and started talking to me, complimenting my on my running. He then said he loved my leggings and asked me where I purchased them. We talked for a few minutes and then both left. I will admit when I walk I do have a feminine gait which I guess he noticed. There was nothing threatening about the encounter. It just never happened to me before and I didn't know what to make of it. Anyone had an experience like that?

Reality Check
    Not knowing if you were wearing boobs and a wig, it's hard to say what was going on. As a man, I wouldn't compliment another man on his leggings, but I might say something to a woman (actually, I wouldn't, I'm married and that would be something of a pickup line). Make what you want of it though.
    Krisi

It is up to you.

Sounds pretty normal. I don't know about the exact encounter, but if it is just talking and he didn't ask for your number or a desire to see you again.

Best guess is a friendly person possibly looking for a friend or just passing time.

Although he could have been looking for a sign from you that you.

I normally go with the first. Guys are pretty simple, they usually just ask if they are looking for sex. Some will take awhile to get around to it, and some are just looking for a friend.

This is really normal for people to interact , sometimes it develops into something. It is why I have so many friends (mostly GGs) and two boyfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    As I have mentioned before I have a great collection of leggings.
    He then said he loved my leggings

I will admit when I walk I do have a feminine gait
    He came over . . [SNIP] . . complimenting me on my running.

. . .

. . .

dot dot dot

- L.

Banned Read only
    Angela,
    I have to agree with Krisi , it depends on how you presented yourself otherwise . If you looked like a guy with femme leggings on he might have thought you were gay and looking for a pickup , if you looked female then he might have been trying it on anyway . OK I won't discount he could have just been a nice guy , I must admit I'm like that with most people no matter how I'm presenting .

Aspiring Member
    My guess is he is a CD like the rest of us. Just a way to acknowledge “I’m one too”. It’ like when we clock one of our sisters in a mall or store while in drab and you wanna show some support without outing them .

Well, only you can decide if the attention was unwanted. If he was flirting with you it sounds like he did it in a respectful way. What strikes me odd is him asking where you purchased your leggings. That is NOT a typical guy question. It makes me wonder if maybe it was a sister trying to drop hints that he was one of us.

I had a similar experience but I was the gentleman. Running in male mode, but it all played out in my mind and did not approach but a brief smile with a "good morning" walking past on the track and loved the pattern in your leggings...His intent though anyone's guess. He might want a pair....................................for his wife????
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

In response to some comments I was not dressed (wigs, boobs, etc.). I had never been approached like that before. As I said I did not feel threatened. Just an interesting experience.

Platinum Member
    To me it sounds as if he was sounding you out to see if you were receptive to further conversation. The only time I ever receive any interest in what I am wearing is when there is some commonality. That's usually comes if I am wearing a tee shirt with either something related to military service, Bigfoot or Peanuts characters. I'd say there is some commonality between you and the man when it comes to clothing choice. Could be he is a MtF cross dressers or perceives you were interested in creating a friendship. See if he is around the next time you go for a run.

Angela,

I like your reaction to what happened. Lots of good "what if's" above. Now, lets see if you may run into him again in the future and what then happens. I like this possible mystery! I have learned over the years that a direct approach to get to know someone is not always the best. I am friendly and extroverted and am always making small talk with complete strangers. After awhile and meeting and small chatting with that person over time, we eventually may get into a deeper conversation, something more than a compliment or small talk about the weather or sports, or whatever. That usually leads to another level of friendship, and that I really like and treasure.

Allie

You are making too much of it. You both were running. You had a great running form and the leggings enhanced the run. Perhaps he was just envious of both the running and the style. He may just have seen a fantastic track outfit and wanted to look as good as you did. No sense to throw m/f into mix. There are male leggings after all now. If I see a great warmup, track suit that I want to use as a style model, I will also ask. If not style, maybe he was just looking for someone to run with.

You'll be telling us he catcalled you next.

Just kidding. On the face of it, it seems pretty innocent.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Hi Angela , He probably wanted to get himself a pair of them, >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like a nice guy and a nice way to start a conversation. I mean, you want a little attention when you're out like that, right? You've got to treasure those times when random guys are nice to you instead of the alternative. I'd be back there at the same time tomorrow... and the next day.

Gold Member
    He likes to dress in private or maybe public too.
    Men do not ask where someone got their leggings. Women often ask where you got whatever but not men.

I think you missed a chance at a new friend, platonic or otherwise.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

He is probably one of us, a sister. For now take it as complement and see what transpires when you run into him again.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Thanks for all the helpful comments. I went back to run at the trail today but did not see him. It could have been a one and done. As a runner I like to mix up my runs for training purposes so i'll go back again. I agree with many of you that it was someone being nice. If I do run into him again i'll be a bit more outgoing and see how it goes.

Silver Member
    I think there's a line between wanted and unwanted attention, but the good news is you can decide for yourself where that line is and it's situational.

The better the other person looks, the more wanted the attention.
    If it happens so often that it interferes with your day, its unwanted but few people will sympathize with the hot chick that gets too much attention. I'm at the opposite end of that scale. When a woman stops to offer me a compliment, its such a rare event that it puts me over the moon.

hello Angela,
    in the UK men don't normally complement other men's fashion choices or ask here they bought their clothes. And that would be the same (or more so) for a man asking a woman...
    I suspect that he was also interested in crossdressing and was being genuinely friendly.
    stay healthy,
    luv J

so, where'd you get your leggings?

So much for it being "unwanted" attention!

I have had a few compliments on my clothing, although not in female mode, from other men and I know that they were genuine compliments without any ulterior motives, just being friendly. Personally, I wouldn't read too much into it, unless he makes some sort of move on you...then it's up to you to reject or accept the advances.

The good news is you can run there again. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by crobeson96 View Post
    The good news is you can run there again. :^)
    Well as I noted I did go back yesterday but he was not there. Since I run various routes in my training i'll go back again in a few days.