Thread: Being femme in male mode

Being femme in male mode

Now that I am in my sixties I don?t dress totally femme but I do try to stay a little femme.
    I have no male clothes and always wear panties and bra under t shirt and shorts (Florida)
    I wear a size eight women?s shorts, mostly cuffed Bermuda?s in all colors. I love white. Walmart is selling some new shorts now they are pull on stretch no pockets in tan, white, black, blue. I got size small in all colors. The other day I was wearing the white ones and my wife said they were so thin you could see the outline of my high cut light control panties, oh well that is the point.

I have some shorts with zipper in the rear, which I love to wear with my padded butt. When I walk with my wife In The morning I always wear leggings, mostly capri leggings in all different colors. When I play pickleball I always wear women?s exercise shorts with a 3 inch inseam.

In another words I am in femme clothes all the time.

I shave my whole body, pierced ears with small hoops, I get manicure and pedi every month and get my eyebrows waxed and shaped.. Clear or light pink ail color, ankle bracelet always perfume.

As I get older I don?t really care what other people think, I am an effeminate man? If they notice so be it.

The one thing I want to do this year is to start to carry a small unisex purse, since most of my shorts have no rear pockets I need a place for my wallet and lip gloss
    Last edited by Di; 06-02-2020 at 01:57 PM.

What has being in yous sixties have to do with how fem you dress?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

The point is that we get smarter as we age, though we also forget a lot too. We realize that what we are doing now could have been done years earlier, or, now we can do it and don't have to worry about work, etc. Age has a lot to do with it! Unfortunately, not all, even at that age, can do it.

Joan, It certainly sounds like you are enjoying life the way you should. I think it is absolutely wonderful!
    Crissy

Silver Member
    Joan, you are totally feminine when out. Why carry a unisex purse? Buy a small WOMAN"S purse, girl!

Sounds fine.

I carry a purse all the time. I have been doing it for years. It's no big deal.

I work in guy mode, I don't change my purse for work, it is whatever one I'm currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    What has being in yous sixties have to do with how fem you dress?
    I think for me it means I have a lot less eff's to give, as YOLO.

Plus, as I'm retired, my employment is not an issue (although I worked for a fairly progressive company).

I've always done it to one extent or another. It's not unique to my 60's. Through the years the specific things have varied a lot, but I've always felt I needed "something". Maybe it's a symbol, maybe it just makes me feel good. I really don't know. When I'm not at work I carry a purse. I got into purses when I was gifted one by a girlfriend. She gave it to me intending for me to carry it in male mode, so I did... hesitantly at first. She likes purses like a lot of women like shoes, and I kind of followed suite. I pretty quickly became a shared interest. I carry a purse about 80% of the time I'm not at work. It doesn't take any "getting ready" time or preparation. It's a small statement or symbol, but it's become an important thing for me. I'm not much of a rebel anymore but it's still kinda cool when I get one of "those" looks or comments. I don't and wouldn't carry a man bag. It just doesn't do it for me unless it's a "nice" purse, and I don't want to carry anything that could be mistaken for a man bag or satchel.

If you look at the designer menswear collections a lot of them include purses (as well as skirts and dresses). I'm surprised more men don't carry them. Even from just the practicality of it besides the fashion statement, it doesn't take long to develop quite an affinity for purses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    I think for me it means I have a lot less eff's to give, as YOLO.

Plus, as I'm retired, my employment is not an issue.
    That's what I mean. Not so much need to hold back, so why do it less?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm not passable so have accepted being a male who enjoys being feminine. Love wearing cute women's pants and tops with padded panties and bra underneath, without makeup or wig. I don't try to hide I'm a male. I get lots of double looks and it no longer makes me anxious. I actually enjoy it and the rare times someone says something, I smile and own it...saying how much more enjoyable dressing femme is compared to boring male clothes.

Hi Joan,

Sounds like your are living the dream. Life is way too short. Enjoy!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    Patience,
    I'm 69 I don't feel old but age does begin to put a different angle on the situation , of course it all depends if you're still in the closet or out in the RW .

Joan,
    I''l never give up in being femme , I've built my identity now the guy doesn't fit in with that , I'm comfortable with it and so are everyone else . Naturally I use a handbag all the time , I'd be totally lost without one .

I love leggings and wear them all the time for exercise. Now I wear them constantly around the house and for shopping. They are super comfortable and I love all the various patterns you can get. I also wear jean leggings often when I go out shopping. Over the past year or so i'm come to more fully accept my feminine side.

It's sure do sound like you are living the dream! Looking at your avatar you could pass any time. You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    You can do what you want and dress how you like, but you have to accept the consequences. If you truly don't care what people think of you, that's fine, but most people do secretly care.

Don't embarrass your wife though.
    Krisi

A purse is a wonderful thing for everyone. My wife and I bought one together for me about eight months ago and everyone is so use to seeing me with it that I may have to get a different one for when I dress!

I know where you are coming from. I started carrying a purse all the time last year. Best decision I ever made. No wallet in my back pocket to sit on no change in my front pocket to fall out no paper money all folded up and crinkled. I thought about working about it being unisex then just decided the small back pack one is good why go buy something else? I haven't had any rude comments about it yet.

My girlfriend fell off a boat last summer and broke 5 ribs. Whenever we went anywhere last summer she couldn't carry her purse because the weight of the strap on her shoulder would give her alot of pain, so I started carrying the purse for her. It's been a year and she has healed, but I'd say 75% of the time I still carry the purse for her. It's fun and I've never noticed anyone staring at me. I enjoy carrying it so much that I've been looking for the same purse so I can have my own to carry. My girlfriend doesn't mind, she thinks it's kinda cute. We love to go shopping together and she often picks out dresses for me to try on. We have a blast in the changing rooms. Then we will go home and get all dressed up with our purchases and she will even do my makeup. She is the best!

Because of the acceptance of my SO, I now have my toe nails and fingernails painted almost all the time. It works in the covid setting since my line of work wouldn't necessarily tolerate painted nails in meetings. But as a male, when wearing bright nail polish I recently had a grocery store checkout clerk comment to me. She said "you had pink nails last time you were here, right?". I got so nervous but she followed it with "the new color looks good!" And I nearly died. My SO had a shit eating grin on her face haha

Quote Originally Posted by cdkateinboston View Post
    Because of the acceptance of my SO, I now have my toe nails and fingernails painted almost all the time. It works in the covid setting since my line of work wouldn't necessarily tolerate painted nails in meetings. But as a male, when wearing bright nail polish I recently had a grocery store checkout clerk comment to me. She said "you had pink nails last time you were here, right?". I got so nervous but she followed it with "the new color looks good!" And I nearly died. My SO had a shit eating grin on her face haha
    I had pink toenails for Mardis Gras. They are still there; wifey is used to them.......now I get to walk around on the patio in my pretty size 7 poly blue panties.

For me my male mode always has some femme and my femme mode always has some male. I just like to pick and choose what I like.

Messages in clothing/attire are cumulative thing.

What i like to do is wear some overly masculine item, like summer jacket with clear military pattern.

Which takes care any doubs if bra strap shows (I have my own, no forms), or red pantyhose showing in waist line, and long hair, and 100% femme silk scarf, and femme jeans..

You can't get away with red fingernails with this tactics.