Thread: Washing the day away

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar

Washing the day away

It's been a long time since I have posting anything here, and I just noticed I have been a member for 14 years!! My, how things have changed!
    So I started working at a machine shop about a year and a half ago running all types of grinders to make aircraft engine parts. The job can be very stressful at times. The parts I work with have tolerances as low as 0.001 of an inch.(0.0254mm). Anything out of the measurement are scrap. The finish value for these part range from $10 to well over $500 a piece. With that being said, I have gotten into a good working routine. After I get off work, I get home, I have a cup of coffee and chill at the computer, check email, FB, whatever. This is also the time I talk about work with my wife. After about an hour of being home, I go and take a shower. For me this serves two purposes. One is to wash all the oil and coolant off of me. The other reason is to symbolically wash the day away. After my shower, I put on a dress/skirt, wig and forms. It is at this point, there is no more talk of work and any stress of the day is gone. I dont worry about the people that live in the apartment building(6 apartments including mine and the post office). They all know I dress and I am also the manager.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Reality Check
    Well that's great but I wonder why you wait for an hour before showering?
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    They probably just want to "decompress", I do the same thing. Specially now that my wife is predominantly working from home. I get home, chat with her a bit, check email, Facebook, this forum... Then I go shave again, put on my makeup, and get dressed.

It just seems like more work to rush hone and change right away.

Makes sense to me.

I think the other tenants worry more about the drum set than the dressing!
    Last edited by April Rose; 06-04-2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Saw Drum set.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Makes sense to me.

I think the other tenants worry more about the drum set than the dressing!
    Even that's not an issue. None of them mind it

They probably just want to "decompress"
    That is exactly why!
    Drumming, My other hobby

Carroll,
    I've spent the last 40 years as a machinist. One-thousandth of an inch? In machine shop parlance, that's enough to drive a truck through. Five-thou is enough for a freight train. I constantly have to work to half of what you do, i.e. .0005", or to put it in layman's terms, fifty millionths of an inch. You can't see it, but I can measure it.
    Just sayin'.......
    Jon

Banned Read only
    Joni,
    Do you work to those tolerances with your makeup ?

Carroll,
    I can understand the time interval , if I've been doing hot sweaty jobs even after a shower it does take time to cool down and adjust before applying makeup and getting dressed . I do work far more in Dickies ladies overalls with my wig and makeup on , if a GG can do it so can I , I have been quite impressed with the way makeup holds up in those conditions .

Hi Carroll I also use to be a machinist and worked on aircraft parts. I use to be stressed about doing the work then a friend told me that all you can do is the job make sure it is correct and not worry about it as you have done your job correctly. Just a note I still do not like flying but do fly as it is the only way to go to the UK. I know they are very safe but seeing them being built you wonder how they stay up in the sky sometimes. I do like your routine and I think everyone should have one to unstressed after work i am lucky I now work from home as an accountant and can spend all day in fem mode.

Hi Carroll,

That sounds like a wonderful way to decompress after work. I like to work out in the garden after work. I've now have enough flowering plants to have a continuous bloom from March through November.

I do hobby machining, making widgets out of aluminum with a lathe and milling machine. Years ago I cut a 39mm thread for a camera lens.

Marion

Hi Carroll,

Something could be said for showering after work. It really washes the day away. To be able to dress after definitely relieves the stress. It's almost like you're a whole new person.

Drumming for me was a lifetime ago. I tried to get back into some years ago then life got in the way.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I was a toolmaker for a long time. Loved the work.

CDing can be very therapeutic. I know I did/do much the same for many years. Helps in so many ways de-stressing. Hope you continue to enjoy the benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Carroll, I think you have a wonderful handle on life and the kinds of things that YOU need to stay stable and comfortable with who YOU are. Meanwhile you are considerate of others and their needs. Respect all around. Really can't ask for more than that. I would live in your apartment building in a heart beat.

I second what Gretchen said. Sounds like a wonderful balance you have found.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Joni,
    Do you work to those tolerances with your makeup ?
    If this is a serious question, get real. If it was a stab at humor, you failed.
    Just sayin'..........
    Jon

That sounds great. For me it's a Friday night drive, the week is over and time get away from male problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    Carroll,
    I've spent the last 40 years as a machinist. One-thousandth of an inch? In machine shop parlance, that's enough to drive a truck through. Five-thou is enough for a freight train. I constantly have to work to half of what you do, i.e. .0005", or to put it in layman's terms, fifty millionths of an inch. You can't see it, but I can measure it.
    Just sayin'.......
    Jon
    Inadvertantly slipping back into macho competitive "my d*ck is bigger than your d*ck" mode here, are we? Presumably we left all that behind when we decided to partake of "girl world". That said, if you want to default to catty "mean girl" mode instead, that might perhaps be more fitting...

whats an inch?
    we use millimetres here ,lucky i work in a trade that has bigger a tolerance ,building
    but i get home from work and shower straight away and put my gurly stuff on
    mostly sweatpants hose and blouse

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    Carroll,
    Just sayin'.......
    Jon
    Uh, no . Fifty millionths of an inch is .00005

Carroll, Wow, I wish I could dress every day. Great routine.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".