As I was looking at some of Stana?s old Femulate blog posts, always a fun thing for a pleasant weekend afternoon read, I came across a guest post written by Michelle Bowles describing a half dozen top moments experienced en femme. Her six became twenty and more. Some of her moments were when she felt particularly pretty. Others were when she felt pleased with how she handled a situation. Her best moments, she confided, were those when someone let her into the world of cis women. Like hers, my list runs long.

Twenty questions are doing well here on the Forum lately. Let?s add a Letterman flair to the fun with a ten best. Here are ten of my favorite moments en femme. What are yours?

1. In a dressing room when trying on a flowing midi skirt and checking my appearance in a large common mirror, another woman about my age commented, unsolicited, on how nice my outfit looked, asking where I got its pieces in the store. The rest of what I was wearing was purchased from other stores, but it all did match that skirt. That comment sealed the purchase. I still treasure that outfit and the memory.
2. At my first Oktoberfest en femme, the ticket taker greeted me with a ?somebody is looking really pretty for today?s party!? https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ht=Oktoberfest . Later, at the same Oktoberfest, being asked to dance by a gentleman my age. He twirled me in my dirndl around the dance floor.
3. I locked my key in my hotel room. I had no choice but to go to the front desk with my tale of woe. The desk clerk asked for ID, which I provided...my male ID. She quickly gave me a new key and then complimented my outfit. The tone was that of a genuine compliment, not a backhanded one.
4. A Southern gentleman smiling courteously as he held the door into a shopping mall for me.
5. At an evening Shakespeare theatre performance, the lady whose seat was next to mine commented as she sat down, ?After seeing you, I now wish I had dressed up. You look fab.? I was wearing a cobalt blue lace dress, slightly above knee length, with thin black strappy shoes and a black clutch and no jewelry.
6. Being asked by a Sales Associate at Macy?s, ?Shall I start a room for you??, Then she took the clothes that I had selected and hung them in that room as something perfectly routine. She wrote Abby on the white board by the door. Later, when chatting with her about which of two pretty A-line dresses I should buy, she made two comments in the course of the conversation: ?both of them...you look happy when you twirl in them? and ?You have really pretty hair. I wish I had let mine grow as long as yours.? I was wearing my favorite wig.
7. Sitting in an aisle seat when a standup comic made a joke about a man crossdressing. I nearly died right on the spot, but no one seemed to notice me, not even the comic.
8. Standing in a line for the ladies? room during intermission at a concert and not one of the ladies challenged me or even gave me a glance, either in line or in the ladies? room.
9. A well-dressed woman in a shoe store told me she thought the shoes that I was trying on looked very cute on me. She then bought a pair just like them.
10. I went to a bar that featured an all-female amateur comedy group performing that evening. When I ordered my drink, the bartender asked me if I was one of the comediennes.