I will say from the outset there are several variables in this question , what I'm looking for are some thoughts or better still someone whose experienced the situation I'm about to discuss .

Setting aside the coronavirus situation I'm considering taking a cruise next year . There are parts of the UK I haven't visited and as I like cruising it would be a good way of combining the two . The ports of call are dotted around Scotland , Ireland , Isles of Scilly but more importantly France and Holland. This is not a specific cruise for the TG community . I wouldn't need a passport for the UK destinations but possibly will for France and Holland , I haven't made an official name change for my passport and so it's still with my male name and picture . I have chosen this particular one because the home port isn't to far to drive to , there's no flying involved so no weight restriction on luggage .

Initially I was in two minds whether to tell the cruise company or not but then I've answered my own question because I will have to book in my male name if I travel on my current passport . Depite this I will be travelling as a transwoman so I will check in as Teresa .

The question I was going to ask is if I'd made the name changes would it still be wiser to inform the cruise line I'm trans or as I'd prefer to do it consider myself a travelling female ?