Thread: This made my day

This made my day

Hi all,

I was flying home from Denver on Saturday and got upgraded to first class. The woman sitting next to me is an American Airlines flight attendant.
    We had made small talk most of the flight as she was not working but headed for work the following day in New York. Anyhow, after I had talked with
    her for some time, I brought up how I used to like to go out to bars and clubs when on business trips, but that covid shut that down. I proceeded to
    show her pictures of me dressed up. Her response - "oh my god , that is you? I love it." We had a lovely conversation after that, and it made my day.

I know it is not much, but in light of my current situation - not being able to dress very often, it just made my day. My only thoughts, don't
    be afraid to share your cross dressing with strangers as you have nothing to lose. It's the ones close to you like family that you have to be more
    careful about.

Have a lovely day!

Sandi

Aww I love it. I'm still working up the courage to be more open about my dressing with strangers like that.

Sandi very gutsy and cool conversation...Did you exchange numbers?
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Sandi, you have a great personality and I think this comes very easy for you. It took me a while to get past the shame of crossdressing in my twenties to finally own it and say this is who I am.

As I’ve said before, if you just state it as fact and ‘this is no big deal’ along with the confidence of owning it, most people will be like the flight attendant you sat next to. You definitely have to feel them out during the conversation to see if they are open minded before taking the next step.

Here’s to you getting the chance to dress again sooner than later!

Thank you Natasha and mbmeen. I did not ask for phone numbers as I am not looking for hook ups, more like the reassurance and acceptance.

And for Lux, yes I would say that you own it with your presentation, and I understand exactly what you mean. I do feel like I am ok with being who I am despite some of the difficulties along the way. I really love it when I get to meet such accepting women especially.

Sandi

Sandy, What a wonderful post, it made ms smile a few times. I am happy for you and that you shared it with us. In particular I loved "My only thoughts, don't
    be afraid to share your cross dressing with strangers as you have nothing to lose." Too True.

Silver Member
    That's a very cool story, and it's right in line with my experience with meeting women while dressed. They appreciate seeing a man in a dress for several reasons, I think. Maybe for the same reasons many women have gay male friends.

At minimum, they appreciate you because you're obviously not a standard toxic masculinity pig.
    They know you can give them a good conversation about clothes and shoes.
    They appreciate the courage it takes (these days) to dress as you do.
    If you have a really well put together outfit, they'll tell you and have you walking on air.

There's probably more reasons, but you get my point. Most women like crossdresser s

Platinum Member
    What a clever way to broach the subject, and I loved her reaction. I know we often long for a relationship with an accepting woman, but its really wonderful to feel a measure of acceptance from almost a stranger.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sandi, Great post I loved it, thanks for sharing this.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    That's a very cool story, and it's right in line with my experience with meeting women while dressed. They appreciate seeing a man in a dress for several reasons, I think. Maybe for the same reasons many women have gay male friends.

At minimum, they appreciate you because you're obviously not a standard toxic masculinity pig.
    They know you can give them a good conversation about clothes and shoes.
    They appreciate the courage it takes (these days) to dress as you do.
    If you have a really well put together outfit, they'll tell you and have you walking on air.

There's probably more reasons, but you get my point. Most women like crossdresser s
    Well, yes, that's been my experience as well by and large, but only when they are strangers. That's mainly because they don't have a dog in the race, as the saying goes. As for wives and/or SO's...usually not so much...a little too close for comfort for most..."Ewwww, not my thing, I married a man!". You know, as in "NIMBY"...Not In My Back Yard".

Sadly, Leslie in post #10 is correct, I have seen it firsthand.
    Crissy

Hi Sandi,

What a cute story. Thanks for sharing.

I completely agree with Leslie in post #10. It's all wonderful and great as long as it's not in their backyard.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Hi Sandi,
    Very nice story and love how it turned out. But I am just a bit curious how you went from just some small talk and chit chat
    into showing her some pictures of yourself being dressed. I am glad that it turned out well for you

Missjoann,

Haha. I wish I had been able to talk to women when I was younger. I have come a long ways since my dating days when I was super shy.

I have had some practice in sharing my dressing habits and it usually goes well. In 2017 when I was going out a lot, I had been picking up some makeup supplies frequently at a CVS pharmacy. I had the same checkout lady a number of times so one day I said, I guess you are wondering why I am buying all this stuff, and I showed her a picture. She was amazed and after that , when I would run into her I would say- you want to see what I wore last night? She was super curious and loved seeing what sexy attire I had worn between shopping visits. Fun days for sure. I loved it.

Sandi

Sandi, Well done! There was zero downside to your having done that and the payback was significant. Many here don't realize that there are situations where there is little risk to being ourselves, we should take advantage of them. Nice!
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 06-09-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Missjoann,

Haha. I wish I had been able to talk to women when I was younger. I have come a long ways since my dating days when I was super shy.

I have had some practice in sharing my dressing habits and it usually goes well. In 2017 when I was going out a lot, I had been picking up some makeup supplies frequently at a CVS pharmacy. I had the same checkout lady a number of times so one day I said, I guess you are wondering why I am buying all this stuff, and I showed her a picture. She was amazed and after that , when I would run into her I would say- you want to see what I wore last night? She was super curious and loved seeing what sexy attire I had worn between shopping visits. Fun days for sure. I loved it.

Sandi
    Great I love it...I guess you might say I was curious not trying to be noisy....it's just the woman in me...LOL

When I was flying solo back from a trip where I got madeover (twice!) I just decided that I should watch "Say Yes to the Frock" and makeover videos on my screen, thought that if the younger woman next to me said anything about it I might show my pics to her. Don't know if I'd have the guts to do it the further those days get in the rear view mirror.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Great to read. The freedom of the casual acquaintance is truly maverlous.

Nice story. Almost makes me want to fly again.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I know how you feel as I had a similar experience a few years ago...before I met my wife. I love hose and would buy mine at Macy?s. The SA was very nice and helpful. I became a regular. I think she knew who the hose were for. On one visit, she was getting ready for her coffee break and invited me to join her. I did. We chatted a bit when she came out and asked me if I enjoyed wearing hose. It kinda took me back, but I admitted it. She smiled. I met her after work and she told me she was fascinated with cders. We continued to see each other. One day, I decided to fully dress...took me over two hours..and shop for more hose..do we ever have enough? She was waiting on another customer when I walked in, so I browsed. She finally came over and asked me if she could help me...she paused a minute, smiled and recognized me. I joined her for her coffee break. We met after work. I was still dressed. It was fantastic. Unfortunately, a few months later, she moved. I never had another experience like that until I met my wife. She?s supportive and helpful...an angel. She?s the only one that knows. I agree with you regarding others.

Gee thanks to everyone for all the positive responses. Very kind of you all.

And NancySue, I loved your story as well. It is very heart warming to have people treat us in kind and respectful ways as in your story. I love it.

Sandi

Let's see.

I was in Vegas and went into a Ted Baker store. I asked the SA whether they had a certain dress and she asked "when did my wife try it on?" I told her it was me and she was surprised and I gave her a high five.

I was having my nails done for my three days coming out and told the tech my plans. She was so supportive I got dressed and went back that night. The next day I met two Nordstrom SAs and have been friends with them since. The next time I got my nails done (same salon) that tech and I hit it off and we've got even out together at least 10 times.

A women at Savers came up to me while I was dressed and complimented me. A week later while in drab I saw her and approached her, and she didn't know who I was until I showed her my picture.

Finally, in Australia, I would browse a Dangerfield store while dressed as a guy. I fessed up and she said I could try things on whenever I wanted, so I finally did one day. About a week later I went in dressed and she was happy to see me, and helped me pick up a dress. This year when I saw her again she called me "her favourite customer".

Kandi can attest that if you get out, lots of good things can possibly happen.

Aspiring Member
    Sometimes I think we WANT to be discovered by a GG who is accepting. I have a few GG's I stay with in Athens, GA. I met through Airbnb and messaged them I was a CD and if they did not want me to stay I understood. They all understood and welcomed me. They sometimes go out with me They help take pictures and give me advise on my look. Nothing sexual at all. They love looking at my pics and other CD pics on the internet. They can not believe that some CD are actually guys. Others they read right away but don't pass judgment. A lot of GG's are very curious of us CDers. Of course, some like talking and learning about us, but would not want their boyfriend or husband to be CD. A few waitresses that waited on me and then I came out and asked if they knew I was a guy. Most said no and said I looked great and wanted to know more... why I dressed, how often, etc. I also had single women or couples interacted with med that thought I was a woman. That was such a turn on as they looked on me a total woman and never knew I had something extra under my skirt! Once a college aged girl sat next to me. We both had pink nails (my were press on) but we compared our nails and complimented each other's nails.
    Michellecd9999