Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think you would be recognised?

Do you think you would be recognised?

Hi Girls,

If you were out fully femme and saw a friend who didn't know of your girly side do you think they would recognise you if they passed you in the street.

I think when I become Gemma I look totally different to when Im Les and others have said this to me too, so I was just wondering do you still look like yourself when you get femmed up or do you look like a totally different person?

Gemma xx

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar
    My glasses and being with my adorable wife would give me away...

I do not think I would. I look completely different in male mode.
    Robyn

I don't think anybody I know would recognise me when I'm fully enfemme, the only thing that would give me away would be my voice. My female look is so different from my male look that I hardly recognise my self in the mirror. LOL

Was not recognized

I was at a self serve checkout, saw a GG I know from work 3 feet away. I did a good job of not showing alarm, etc. Was not recognized.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Heck, my own mother didn't recognize me.
    DonnaT

Ive been out when I was seen by a few people who new me as male. But i just acted natural, no one knew. Ive found if u look the part n stay calm, no one notices.

Aspiring Member

recognize

Probably not. I was out with Tri-ess a few months ago to go out to eat. They decided on a restaurant not too far from where I live. I was terrified that someone might see me. But I looked in the mirror and realized no one would recognize me. Also, most people have will not recognize a face out of context, meaning they won't put your male face in context of a female.
    Michelle

I think it would depend on three things

1) Your reaction when you seen them may give you away
    2) How close they are to you distance wise from across the street they may assume even if there suspicious its your sister
    3) Where they see you may have a bearing on ther thoughts

And yes I suspect I would be recognised
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

there is a risk that you may be recognised - even on this forum - by those who know you well. When you are actually seen face to face there are so many things to give you away - your height- your build - your posture - the way you walk - the shape of yor head- your smile (or lack of it) - your adam's apple - a local place. Women are more astute at this than men - they would spot a wig from twenty paces,

If I was choosing to go out 'en femme', I would travel at least fifty miles away from home

Generally I don't think I would be recognised...but there are a couple of girls where I work that I would not want to risk the possibility with...they are very astute and "switched on"...and I would guess they might just "spot" me.
    Nikki. xxx

Last year my wife with Melanie attended a musical at a theatre in Houston. While I was sitting on a bench waiting for my wife to come out of the rest room my former business partner of 15 years and his wife and daughter walked passed me. They acknowledged my presence with a smile. Again later after the performance they were getting into an elavator as I was getting out. Again no recognition. They knew "Mel" was present because my wife talked with them outside the rest room. A week later Bob called Mel and told of his disappointment in not seeing and talking with Mel. I would have loved to have told him that he really saw me but this man is the ultimate conservative fundamentalist who would never tolerate me not being in their "box".
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I reckon that I would get away with it, if :
    I was not seen to slightly limp. Which I do, sometimes.
    I was not seen on the same side of a pavement that I use normally.
    I am not sure that my way of walking, with flat or low heels, might not be a give away.
    But :
    Given all that, I feel that if I just kept on without, any significant reaction, then I would be OK.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    Gemma...

I guess that would depend on how I was dressed at the time and whether they heard my voice or not. When I wear a nice dress and a really feminine hairstyle, with good makeup, I don't look anything like a boy. If I just rake my bangs down, wear little makeup, with jeans and a sweatshirt with bra and enhancers, I think it would be easy to recognize me as the male personna, especially if I talked.

Sharifemme

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma Rhodes
    Hi Girls,

If you were out fully femme and saw a friend who didn't know of your girly side do you think they would recognise you if they passed you in the street.

I think when I become Gemma I look totally different to when Im Les and others have said this to me too, so I was just wondering do you still look like yourself when you get femmed up or do you look like a totally different person?

Gemma xx

Interesting question, interesting responses. This is a question I have often wondered about and would love to know the answer to. My instinct says no, I wouldn't be recognized in a passing encounter, across a crowded room etc, but then I wonder if that is just wishful thinking. I've been tempted to go drab to the gay bar I frequent as Sherri to see if they recognize me, but haven't so far cuz if they could recognize me, I don't want them to know.

I went to a new year's party at that bar once and a professional photographer with whom I have worked numerous times came in to take pics for a local mag. I about died. He showed no signs of recognizing me, but then we never came in contact with each other. Needless to say I avoided his camera like it was a death ray.

Except for the fact that I am tall, there is no way I'd be mistaken for my male self. Even then, I would be willing to bet that I would pass first, second and third glance. I would also be willing to bet that if my wife surfed by this site and saw my profile pic she would not recognize me.

with more practice on the make up, and wearing my wig, I don't think so!! need to get the confidence up, and I really think I would pass even better!!

Hi Girls,

Gemma xx
    I read a thread here a while back about a CD that obtained an ID card while
    dressed like a female. I thought that was a good idea so I called the state
    police to find out if that was possible in my state. They said no because
    the makeup, arched eyebrow ect. were considered a disguise. So I guess if that's what you want, then yes you may not be recognized. I was curious as to whether there were any laws such as something like public deception having identified myself as a CD. The officer wasn't sure be said she would check and get back with me so I gave her my real name and telephone number. I am not embarassed to get the pizza at the front door. I am not that concerned as to whether someone recoginzes me. I go into the local convenience store dressed both ways in the same week and see the same clerk. I am not ashamed to admit that I like being pretty and I could give
    a damn about what people think. Nowhere in webster's does it say that making
    oneself pretty is reserved for the female gender. That is all in our gender
    brainwashed minds. So if wearing female clothing undergarments makes you
    feel pretty then be ok with it and don't let others dictate how you should be.
    Last edited by Penny; 03-30-2006 at 03:00 PM.
    "Lady Fingers"

Wow so many responses! I'll just add to it if you all don't mind. I think if someone knew me really well there's a chance they could tell but i don't think very many of your friends will be out looking for you wearing a dress The way that would give almost any girl on here away is if you had to talk to them otherwise I think i'd manage alright

Quote Originally Posted by sharifemme
    If I just rake my bangs down,
    Thanks for all your answers but is this a US saying, sorry to sound ignorant but what are bangs and how do you rake them down??

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Gemma I think bangs are gatherings of hair that are 'raked' or combed down the forhead, similar to my own style.

Thanks for all your answers but is this a US saying, sorry to sound ignorant but what are bangs and how do you rake them down??
    Bangs = fringe those bits of hair over your forehead Gemma.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Totally different

Hi girls

My mother did not recognise a vey close up scren shot of me even when I kept saying look closer...
    This week I gave a powerpoint presentation on TG matters to my therapist and part way through I used a higher definition shot of my avatar and even with me standing in front of her and saying that it was me she had trouble seing any resemblance. Either I'm very good or money talks and she doesn't want to upst me... (I don't think so)

Kerry

Thanks Linda, Tamara,

Have not heard of the expression before in the UK, maybe its just me as you both seem to know.

Gemma xx

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

I've proven that I won't be recognized. I was meeting up for dinner with a fellow t-girl that I've gone clubbing with before when she was passing through Cincinnati a few weeks ago. Both of us were in "boy-mode", and neither of us was able to recognize eachother in the restaraunt. I had to call her on my mobile phone so I find her in the place.

The power of makeup is truly amazing.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin