Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife is retiring, Can I go without Dressing?

Home all the time...oh oh
    As beautiful as you?ve become and as long...you need to have ?the talk?
    No, I don?t think so. You?re too advanced.
    New hobby? I doubt it.
    There?s no way you can end it.
    Where there?s a will (or need), there?s a way.
    Happened to me? No...we had the talk...it worked...she?s supportive.
    Keep us in the loop as things develop.

Judy, In a previous post you stated you dressed somewhere other than home, why will this be an issue?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've been dressing in the basement under her Nail Salon which she is selling due to covid-19 and doesn't want to work with the public any more.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Aspiring Member
    My wife and I retired in the past few years. I use deer hunting as my excuse to be away for a couple of days. I hunt near Athens, GA and LOVE going out there. I missed Turkey season due to all the closures of CV19. She has gone to help her dad for a few days so I begged not to go since we do not agree on a lot of things. I was able to get waxed and shopped (en drab) for a few girlie things like shorts and panties. LOVE being dressed tonight as Michelle even if I don't go out.

Take up some hobby (fishing, golf, hunting, etc) that can give you some time and even an excuse to be away a night here and there.

Michelle
    Michellecd9999

Judy, a quote from you in another thread, "My wife told me about a month ago that she sometimes can't sleep thinking that some day she's going to walk in on me while I'm dressed."

This makes me a bit crazy, she knows. Perhaps not accepting, but she knows. Way different from she doesn't know and you are 100% in hiding. Kick the elephant out of the room and tell her you will be dressing from time to time and when would it be convenient for her so you can dress and she doesn't have to see it? She goes shopping, you get Judy time, she calls before she comes home or has a certain time frame when she will not return. I think you two need to talk.

My wife and I had a DADT relationship for some time, not very long. I think she realized and understood I was dressing and she may as well admit it to herself and deal with it. We moved on to me dressing when she was not around, but she knew it as I did not hide it, underwear in the wash, a bit of clothing on the bed, that type of thing. Eventually she gave in and I dress around her most every day.

Platinum Member
    "My wife told me about a month ago that she sometimes can't sleep thinking that some day she's going to walk in on me while I',m dressed."

I must have missed that thread. Judy, did you say something to her when she said that or did you just let it pass without a comment or retort. I would think that would have been the perfect time to open a conversation to clear the elephant out of the room. I said many times, even if a wife has not seen her husband en femme, she has a mental picture of him en femme. The problem that may arise with a totally non-accepting wife with scheduled femme time is she'll think about it all the time. Even if you are not en femme during her absence from the home, she'll think you're en femme and having Judy time. The same issues arise when the husband locks himself inside the bedroom or study for several hours. It's never an issue of "out of sight, out of mind."

Judy, your wife needs an hobby to keep her occupied and out of house.

You know her, be creative.

Hi Judy,

Perhaps a conversation with you wife is in order. Chances are your wife will get bored staying home and find a part time job or do some volunteer work.

Promise yourself you won't stop dressing. It's a big part of who you are.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Aspiring Member
    Some like me think OP should get a hobby to take mind off dressing

Some think wife should get a hobby or job to get out of house so you have time to dress

Maybe you should get a hobby you can do with your wife. Enjoy more time together.

I feel your pain. Before I retired, some of my days off fell during the week and with my wife working and the kids at school it made for some great Michelle time. Now my wife is not working due to a disability and is home all the time. No school either due to the virus. Yup. Michelle who?

Silver Member
    If you're anything like me, you'll have problems. There are days, not every day, when I absolutely MUST get into a skirt in order to feel normal. If I am prevented, resentment builds up. Fortunately, my wife and I have reached a balance point that works. I dress any way I like, any time, but she won't be seen in public with me while I'm dressed

yeah mine retired before i was dressing every day and cooking and cleaning. after she retired i get no me time i cant even get her to go see her mom she just sticks to me like glue .i still dress but i have to do it when she goes to bed .sucks i know but i still dress but i m8iss the makeup and perfume.