Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question I?m going to pose to my wife...

A question I?m going to pose to my wife...

So my wife knows all about ?Kelly? and is supportive of my needs even though she isn?t a willing participant. We had been discussing divorce over this since she recognizes my need to do this and is afraid that if she spends time with me dressed that while she would still love me, it would turn more into a girlfriend thing, as her image of me would be somewhat shattered. So we did an experiment where we watched a movie together while I was dressed up (although no wig and makeup). In the end we decided we would press on and that our love was stronger than ?this.?

So the question I?m going to pose to her (and am asking the group for your thoughts here first) is this:

Is it better to see me as a MIAD without the wig and makeup so that you can very obviously see that it?s still me? Or is it better to see me only with full wig and makeup so that you can mentally draw a line between the husband and the girlfriend? Or does it not matter at all?

My skills at makeup are not overly great and my wig is hot and bothersome (especially in warm Florida summers!) so it would be difficult to do the whole 9 yards every single time, but if it helps her ?pretend? that it?s not her husband but some friend named Kelly she?s hanging out with it would be worth the effort.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Kelly, Interesting question, I am sure you will get some different ideas posting this here but the simplest thing is to ask your wife what she thinks.
    Crissy

Crissy - oh yeah totally plan to! Just won’t be able to do that for a couple of weeks so figured I’d come to the oracle of CD.com to see what everyone here thinks or if they’ve posed similar questions

Edit: also I thought this might help those who have “retiring wives” as stated in other recent posts.... maybe there’s a path forward for some of those members in a discussion such as this....
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

This is definitely a discussion that you should have with your wife. Only her thoughts on this question count.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Frist of all if that is you in your information you look beautiful! Your wife is holding all the cards so ask her . If she don't want to see you all the way maybe she can give you some time to yourself! Good luck it's up to her!

There's a key piece of information left out here. What do you want/need? Is clothing enough, or not? The two of you need to understand that before you can reach an accommodation that works for both of you.

Platinum Member
    I would echo the question about what you want. That question needs to be asked of yourself.

From what you have shared, it seems your wife has already given you an answer about staying together vs divorce. Of course, that attitude can change (I know from personal experience). And right now, it sounds like you are ok with the MIAD thing, but perhaps that is simply your attempt at maintaining an uncomfortable compromise.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    This is something that you and your wife must work out between yourselves. And remember, nothing stays the same. In time she may become comfortable with you fully made up as a woman or she may become uncomfortable with any sort of dressing.
    Krisi

I agree with others you should ask your wife.

However you may be able to soften the shock if you have a picture of you wearing makeup.

You can show her this first, then she can decide.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Reality Check
    I introduced my wife to my "little hobby" gradually over a period of several months. First a bra and panties, then forms in the bra, then a skirt, then hip and butt padding, then a wig, etc.

Oddly, she seems comfortable enough with all of this (around the house), but comments on me wearing lipstick. Perhaps because she seldom wears lipstick or any makeup.

Because of the lipstick comments, I am reluctant to try any eye makeup around her.

So, this might work for you. Increase your dressing gradually and judge her reaction. Slow down or stop when you see a negative reaction and give her time to adjust.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Kay J View Post
    Frist of all if that is you in your information you look beautiful! Your wife is holding all the cards so ask her . If she don't want to see you all the way maybe she can give you some time to yourself! Good luck it's up to her!
    Haha that is me, but I will admit that it is heavily edited... for privacy but also because it’s how I “wish” I looked. This photo easily takes 15+ years off of my real age (45)

I posted some pics in a photo thread last year that are closer to the real deal...

Aunt Kelly - good point - as for what I want ... I don’t need to be 24x7 or anything but when I’m home and relaxing this is definitely part of what I enjoy doing ... so it would be frequent during the day but my wife works so it probably wouldn’t be too much of an issue. Once my youngest daughter is off to college that’s when we might have some negotiation to do relative to evenings.

Kim - I think the MIAD thing on my part is simply the effort it takes to do makeup and so forth when it’s easier to just avoid mirrors If I were to go out I would complete the illusion the best I could.

Shelly - she has in fact seen pictures of me (same ones I posted last year) and she said I looked good... but of course that doesn’t mean she wants to hang out with me like that lol....

To all - definitely will have the discussion and I expect this will be an ongoing evolution ... just want to make sure I enjoy life while not rocking the boat too much!
    Last edited by VS Fan; 06-10-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

You both need to be willing to seek a compromise. It can't be just one or the other. It may take several discussions and they will be touchy sometimes. It might also be a good idea to have a couple of the initial discussions in the presence of an impartial third party, like a couples therapist. That way if things get contentious the third party can jump in and calm things down. These discussions, as I am sure most her will agree, can be really dangerous to a relationship especially if one person desires freedom to express and the other is much more rigid in what is proper and acceptable.

Another approach is to establish boundaries that address the your needs AND her needs. In a marriage, each person is still an individual and needs to operate as an individual in some ways while operating as a couple in others. In establishing boundaries you both need to converse not only about "facts" but also feelings. Like, "When you reject me as a person because I do something that you do not agree with IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE ..." In the "feel like" part use an analogy that the other person might be able to relate to - it triggers feelings of empathy and avoids the objectivity of talking facts only.

Gretchen - thanks ��- we’ve had many conversations along these lines over the past year and so the groundwork is there for the ongoing conversation... I do fully expect this to be a process and not an instant overnight resolution for sure!
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Platinum Member
    I opined on another thread that is somewhat similar to your question. As Aunt Kelly asked; "What do you need?" Are you content to creep along and stopped? Or even retreat if your wife sours on your presentation, whatever it may be at the time? Her acceptance my be determined by what you want to wear? Is it a pair of women's jeans along with a feminine top? Or will it hit a wall with a flowery dress, hosiery, heels, undergarments? My wife hardly ever wears a dress. She usually wears jeans and a graphic tee shirt. Her graphic tee shirts are usually from the men's section as she likes the cut better than the women's cut. My wife has stated she has absolutely no desire to engage in any cross dressing, period! "If I wanted to be married to a woman, I would have married a woman!" End of story.

Whatever you decide you want to do be prepared she may make a 180 degree turn. She probably is not leveling with you. Perhaps, she is trying to see if your interest in women's attire and presentation is something she can absorb. I'm sure her image of you has been somewhat altered already. I don't think your wife is going to "pretend" you're a friend name "Kelly." She is going to see her male husband wearing women's attire.

Maybe some of the GG's on this site will weigh in with their thoughts. What is their true feelings when their husbands sit around the house? Of course that sampling of opinion is tainted by the fact they have chosen to remain with their husbands. I'm sure there are many husband's who will chime in about their failed marriages and their wive's 180 degree turn around.

Me? I decided a long time ago to keep my dressing private.

This is really going to be up to your wife. For some women the fear is seeing you as a woman and the possibilities that might lead to. The other side of the coin is being afraid of seeing ones husband looking absurd and not being able to get that image out of ones head. There’s also the possibility that she’d rather not see it at all.

Micky haha yes I even think i look absurd most of the time.... so how can I honestly expect her to see me differently?
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Hi Kelly,
    I guess I will weigh in with my

Obviously, no one here knows your wife. However, this:

So my wife knows all about ?Kelly? and is supportive of my needs even though she isn?t a willing participant.
    So she knows about Kelly. Is is necessary that she be a willing participant? Even if she doesn't want to? Do you want to be involved in everything that she does?

This business about "starting slow" is ridiculous in my mind. It's almost like playing a mind game. All that shows is that you are continuing to add to your dressing as you go along and may definitely backfire as she won't know what the "end game" really is. If I could offer any advice, don't play games.

Would she be open to you joining a CD social group? That way, you could dress but she doesn't have to be involved.

The other disturbing thing in your OP is that someone (you or her) are considering divorce. Is it over the issue that she doesn't want to participate? Or is it deeper than that? Only you two know the answer to that question also.

As others have said, only she knows the answers to your questions.

I hope that you both can work out an amicable solution. Best wishes!
    Last edited by char GG; 06-10-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Heres my lttle contribution, in the end my wife realised I was going to dress come what may, whether were together or divorced, the force is strong, and in my opinion its inbuilt into your genes and ustoppable, so bearing this in mind, you will continue to dress forever, so if she doesnt accept this part of you its going to end. I do have rules and boundries that I must not cross without permission, but my wife now realises that its part of me, its not going to hurt anyone if I keep to the rules, but saying that my wife does give me permission now and again to break some of them, like driving home from my holiday home dressed (what an amazing thrill), I can go to Blackpool and stay overnight and be with my other girlfriends, I stay as open as I can with her now and no covering lies to hide my dressing reqiured (stick to the rules), guess what Im triying to say is agree some rules and boundries, dont cross them unless agreed, keep it like that, and once she sees it isnt a threat to her home, lifestle friend etc, she will be accepting, agree some rules that will keep it at a distance from her then tweek around them, this may take some time though, talking i years here, lol

Banned Read only
    Kelly ,
    Sometime ago I posed a similar question to my wife suggesting if she stays with me during the transition at what point would she stop me ? The obvious answer came back , " never going to happen !" Oh well I tried .

I still feel the worse situation to be seen is as a MIAD but to a wife she's maybe happier simply because she can say you looked stupid to deter you , in other words they retain control over you .
    I also understand they may have the same reaction to you , certainly in my case that the man had disappeared , the fear being then that he may not come back eventually .

It really comes down to how bad your dysphoria is and what it takes to satisfy it , lets not forget you are a human being with needs at some point you have to come to terms with that .

The need to share it with someone for some people is almost overwhelming , it might make you feel good but not everyone feels the same way .

I've said this before but I would advise against calling it a " Hobby " as Krisi does , I feel it's an insult to your wife /partner and family besides hobbies don't cause the same heartache and trauma . It also implies it's something that can be taken or left , personally if it was a hobby I wouldn't be in my situation now , I would possibly still be in a stable marriage .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-11-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Only you and your wife can answer that question. Take it slow.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    VS, sooo many of the forum ladies wish they had what you have in your wife's acceptance. I'd suggest that you be very careful not to press your wishes too hard, or you may push her over her brink. You don't do makeup well, and your wig may not really look good on you, so why would you want to share such a look with your wife? Be happy with what she accepts.

Gold Member
    My Wife was OK with my dressing around the house.Just do not go outside. She was OK with me wearing a skirt, or a dress
    in her presence, but the adding of a wig was a little over the top. It was OK once in a while, but not to make it a habit.
    She was even OK with me wearing Baby Doll Nighties to bed. I could not shave the forest on my chest. She loved to run
    her fingers through it.
    Rader

Thanks for all the replies ladies - definitely given me a lot to think about!!!
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

As has been said, you have it way better than many here. Why do you feel the need to push it more in front of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    in my opinion its inbuilt into your genes and unstoppable ...
    There's a theory that it's not in your genes, but happens in utero.

I turns out that the brain and the uh, gonads, develop at different times prenatally.

So, you might be XY and you get male gonads at month 3, but at month 6 when the brain is developing, the fetus gets a surge of Estrogen. The fetus already has male gonads that can't be changes, but the Estrogen turns the brain female. Depending on how much E you get, for how long and when in the pregnancy it occurs leave your brain a little bit femme or a lot femme.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.