Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow sheep of the family

Rainbow sheep of the family

Most of you must have heard of the saying "Black sheep of the family" well this took on a new twist. back in February I told my daughter that I dressed and she was over the moon and very happy for me. recently she asked me what was my dressing style and did I accessorise and I told her about size and colours and so forth
    Two days ago was my birthday and apart from girlfriend coming to stay with me on my birthday I opened the present parcel that had come from my daughter, what a surprise I had! inside was a beautiful long black pleated skirt exactly my size and fit!.
    The icing on the cake was a mug she also gave me, it is a white one with a sheep sideways on and the head, it is has the colours of the rainbow and on the body all of the rainbow colours are repeated and above the sheep are the words "I am the Rainbow sheep of the family".I laughed when I saw it both with pleasure but also knowing how totally accepting my daughter has become further than right from the beginning when I first told her about myself.
    Add to this my nephew now calls me Bobbi! as well. So much has gone well within my family towards accepting who and what I am and how I now want to dress in front of them.
    Birthday this year has turned out to be the most beautiful and happy one for many years for me.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

OMG Bobbi, what a wonderful story. You are so blessed to have such an amazing family. Thanks for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

What a beautiful story sooo happy for you Bobbi

Bobbi, So glad your daughter was accepting and came up with a nice/funny gift.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Bobbi,
    You DEFINITELY need to ask your daughter when she'd like you to model the skirt for her!

You must have raised her right, huh?
    Such a lucky girl - oh - you too.

Bobbi what a happy real live story i am so happy for you now do something nice for your daughter and have a girls day out!

Thank you all for your lovely comments, they mean such a lot to me,
    Even before my daughter sent me this skirt she told me she wanted a photo of me and that is what has been done. because my interntet was down for the whole of this week my girlfriend took a photo of me in my new skirt and then sent it to my daughter so yes she now has a photo of dad/Bobbi.

hello Bobbi,
    congratulations.
    I love the idea of the Rainbow Sheep. Every family should have at least one!
    luv J

Wow, what a great story Bobbi.
    That is the best birthday present, "Acceptance"
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Happy birthday, Bobbi. What a memorable birthday this one will be. You must be floating among the clouds with an accepting daughter and your girlfriend able to come and stay with you for the celebration after such a long haul of not being able to get together. Very special, indeed. So happy for you.

Rainbow Sheep of the Family. What a wonderful and positive expression. Love it. So much better than Black Sheep which has a negative connotation to it. Wear your rainbow status proudly. It is a gift in so many ways.

What a lovely thread to read Bobbi, so pleased for you. All you need now is an occaision to wear the skirt!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I'm so pleased for you , everything coming together . Oh and Happy Birthday !

Bobbi,

It doesn't seem that long ago we were swapping PM's and you telling me about the dark period your life had lead you to and now, well the transformation is just wonderful. I am so pleased you've found such a happy place to be and going from strength to strength. Happy birthday!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Congratulations Bobbi. Getting a gift to our female us is such a special thing. They could easily given us something gender neutral. To me it is so significant. My ex-wife who does not really like my change has actually been the most accepting of my direct family, sisters and brother excluded. She attended a birthday dinner with me and my trans friends and gave me a simple thin gold chain with a tiny clear stone pendent. I have hardly ever taken it off since! I am so happy for you. Do you ever think what it would have been like if you came out to her years before?

Allie

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes too, an incredible two days with my girlfriend was the best part but to receive such gifts from my daughter has just blown my mind away completely. Claire is coming over towards the end of July and has asked to see me dressed! that will also be a very special time for me too.
    I am having a fantastic time right now and could not wish for more

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    So, I guess what you're saying is, "Rainbow is the new black", when comes to sheep, Bobbi?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    That is wonderful, Bobbi. You have a great daughter (and nephew)!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Receiving a gift for our femme selves is a beautiful gesture of acceptance. At Christmas my daughter gave me “special” gift that contained a make up palette. It made me so excited and happy. Thanks for sharing your story, it inspired me to share mine.

Silver Member
    For you, Bobbi...
    Somewhere over the rainbow guys 'dress' too,
    Girls dress over the rainbow,
    Why, oh why, can't you?

Platinum Member
    Happy all is working out for you.

PS: For anyone who has an interest in that type of mug. I went to ebay and searched. There is several different designs of that saying and graphics. Nicely done too!
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 06-13-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Happy birthday - you have many loving people in your life

Sherry, YES very much so! I like your humour
    Kim Realy I could not ask for more both of them are fantastic with their acceptance
    Rachel M I am glad that there is some inspiration in my story, what has happened is almost unbelievable, but very nice and a big lasting memory
    Jenny22, very apt words indeed I am very fortunate with the level of acceptance I have got here, even in my little hamlet of just 11 people (9 french and 2 from Scotland) all of them are just great towards me.
    Stephanie47, As i have said several times in the past what has come about since telling my daughter and son in February of this year is a dream come true.
    bridget, Thank you for your wishes I am indeed blessed with such good fortune, I only wish it was the same for so many others of us.

Love it

Hi Bobbi, Sorry I am late to this wonderful thread.
    You are truly blessed, a very accepting daughter and a wonderful girlfriend who enjoys you for who you are. Sounds like a win win.
    Crissy

That's an awesome story Bobbi So glad things are going so well with your family.
    Angie