Thread: Today's adventure

Today's adventure

With the Covid - 19 shelter in place stuff going on, I have been dressing every day; my go-to is my favorite short denim skirt with one of many tank tops; today's choice a very pretty lavender, almost, but not quite, blueish purple. Of course, bra and panties and forms area almost a given, today is not a wig day.

So, sitting at my desk, I come across a check that should have been deposited a week ago, I just never got around to it.
    This means a trip to the bank which means changing; or does it?

Today I decided no, it didn't.
    Slipping on my strappy sandals, I grabbed my keys and wallet, took a deep breath and walked out the door.

No one is out and about so no issues with the neighbors, sigh of relief, unless they happen to be peeking out the window, what I don't know wont hurt me, right?
    I scurry to my car, yes scurry, and off to the bank.

As I pull into the drive through and notice that they now have a camera system with a big screen by the terminal, I can see myself in the screen, my tank top and breasts clearly evident, mild panic moment, but it ts too late, the teller comes on the screen; a lovely young lady that asks how she can help me.
    I take a breath and send in my deposit, she reappears on the screen as my receipt arrives in the terminal, wishes me a good afternoon and I drive off.

Back to the apartment, oh crap, the neighbors are moving out; there's a moving truck and three movers milling about, but what are the chances they are even going to pay attention to me or that I will ever see them again?

Another deep breath and I open the door, stepping out and actually being more conscious of not flashing someone than what they might think, I walk somewhat casually to the stairs and up to my apartment, unlock the door step inside and try to decide if I'm more excited or relieved about my little adventure.
    Last edited by ShelbyDawn; 06-13-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Platinum Member
    Fear can be paralyzing. On the way to the bank you could have been involved in a car accident. What then? As the tee shirt in "Forrest Gump" said. "Shit Happens!" Glad you survived.

Stephanie,

I thought about that, my thinking was, well, at least I'm in a cute outfit. LOL
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Read only
    Keep going, it gets easier every time.

Don't waste time dwelling on the "what if's".
    Last edited by char GG; 06-13-2020 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Disguised word is not allowed

Feeling apprehensive when going out while presenting as a woman is "normal" at first. After more outings you will realize that most people will not pay any attention and very few will care!
    Hugs, Carole

Hey there Shelby, I totally understand the stress and excitement followed by relief when it is all over. It is kind of a curious thing that It is easier and easier to do with each outing. Glad you got to experience it.

Sandi

For me, the anxiety has become much less as I have raised the standard of my appearance. I started off, only a couple of years ago, going out semi-en femme, and at night. While pleasant, it was stressful whenever I had to pass anybody. Now, I'm able to pass people in the street without stress. But if I had to do it again like you did, it would be exciting as anything but just as uncomfortable as before. So I'd say well done, you've achieved something. But you could have a lot more fun if you didn't feel the urge to hide. And the easiest way to do that is to make yourself look, at least ostensibly, like a woman. Just my opinion. But I think I get this basically masculine urge to raise our adrenaline.

MiniRock,

I hear what you are saying and have done the professional makeover, with a high dollar wig and a night on the town, while I did enjoy myself, I was still just a MIAD, but a few hundred dollars poorer. LOL

Thanks for caring enough to share your support.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Gold Member
    Hi Shelby;
    I often myself do just what you did. I wear a jean skirt, and a plane top.
    Of coarse Bra and Panties, I fill out my "C" Bra all by myself.
    No I ave gone to the Bank, McDonald's Dunking Donuts, and a few other
    drive through's while dressed. No wig or makeup.
    It is Fun and a little scary. I do have a Garage witch helps with the neighbors
    not seeing anything.
    Rader

Yes the fear makes it seem so different.

Think of your outing as if you were observing it from above. What you would see is it all looks normal.

For the most part it is just all you.

They are right, with more practice, experience,..... The fear goes away.

99% of people really don't care, as they are wrapped up in themselves. They might see and notice you but 2 minutes later they have forgotten all about you

Aspiring Member
    Your adventure brings back memories of similar adventures of my own. How well indeed many of us understand your feelings and emotions. Enjoy your next adventure.

I was going to hit the auto-teller dressed, but it was broken so went into the bank. The teller was very nice, made no comment and gave me the cash I needed. Needless to say, I'm still with that bank, even though I moved 500 miles away to a different state.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Hi Shelby,

Cute story. I'm happy you got up the courage to venture out and interact a bit. And the world did not end.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I think your trip out was great and can tell you have just built some confidence.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I started out doing little car outings and short walks in public parks many years ago. But, being a MIAD is NOT my thing, Shelby! I simple don't enjoy the stress involved with being made on vanilla outings amongst the Muggles!
    Much prefer T friendly clubs, bars, and events!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Fear can be paralyzing. On the way to the bank you could have been involved in a car accident. What then? As the tee shirt in "Forrest Gump" said. "Shit Happens!" Glad you survived.
    I WAS involved is a 3 car accident dressed, Steph. On my way to a T event in Vegas.
    If it didn't happen in front of your house why do u imagine that would be an issue?

We checked to see if anyone was hurt. Then, car damage. The woman who hit me's car was not driveable. She caused the collision. Then, we all exchanged info and went our separate ways. The fact that I was obviously a man in a dress didn't seem to bother anyone. Because we were all strangers, why would/should it?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Shelby, I am glad you had such a great time, and can relate to some of your story. I remember going out for a drive my first time, the excitement, the adrenaline rush, it must have been an exciting/relaxing couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing.

Glad it all went well for you, and you took the big challenge of going out. Each time will get easier

Reality Check
    The fear of going to the bank as a woman while doing business as a man is what would keep me from doing that. And you know you're on video. I go out from time to time but not to the bank or anywhere where my identity as a male and female might clash.
    Krisi

That sounds like such a fun day! We should all take every opportunity to do more of what makes us happy.

that really is a great story! I know I can fully relate to the panic/thrill/calm/joy of it all. Very happy for you