Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
They are correct on Drag not being gender identity, though there are gender variant people who do drag. As far as the crossdresser thing, it's a semantics issue. Many within the LGBT community will say that if you're NOT doing it for sexual pleasure, that makes you trans. Just because you don't want to transition doesn't make you not trans. There are LOTS of trans folks who have no desire to modify their bodies surgically or hormonally.

So it's more that the LGBTQ community uses a wider definition of trans, and a narrower definition of ?crossdresser?. I've mentioned this a few times on these forums.
If drag queens are only into dressing as a job, are probably not T, unless they're LGBT when not "working".

Quote Originally Posted by Megan G View Post
So with that said since you all identify firmly as males, your gender identity matches your birth gender..... you do not belong under the “transgender” label. I’ve seen stuff that does include you but honestly if you read above you can see why this is not possible.
Who said that we all firmly [no pun intended] identify as males Some days I'm sot so sure.

Some assorted responses without quoting.

That's the problem with labels; they're not specific enough. Remember, T stands for Transgender, not transexual.

As for passing. I've seen many GGs who don't pass as women as well as I do.

I would probably call myself bigender or gender fluid. Am I CD or T.

Don't forget that you can be a non-op T.

Some people believe that the difference between a crossdresser and a transwoman is 2 years. So, at worst, we're only 2 years from T.

I happen to personally know a lot of Ts who fit that cliche. Maybe they knew that they were T at the when I met them as a CD, but they had me fooled; I thought that they were "just a CD".

Lastly, if you are assaulted on the street while dressed, do you or they care whether you're CD or T? If the person assaulted you thought you were T, that could be a hate crime. If that person thought you were a CD, no hate crime?