Thread: Returning members

Returning members

There has been a lot of returning members lately. I am curious: why did you stop using the forums? Tired of it? Found another forum? Quit crossdressing? Other reasons?
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Banned Read only
    If I really want to guess, I'd say lots of people left at home in the lockdown looking for something productive and helpful to do!

For me it was I just wasn't cross dressing for a long time, so there was no real reason to come on here other every now and again to read a thread or something.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

Beware.

Do not seek skeletons in cupboards.

You may end up finding one or a couple hundred.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

For whatever the reason, we welcome the returning members.

My wife and I have been busy with a new home build. No time for much fun in the bedroom. I still click around in my heels when serving coffee and breakfast on the weekends, but those come off after breakfast and we're off and running to get something done.

I frequent this site around 2011 and was active for a few years before transitioning and no longer needed the extra assistance or information. I got a lot of information on attending TG-friendly places and events on here that I no longer go to.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Thanks all i often wondered that myself welcome back girls even if you just say hi!

Hi - I?m exactly one of those persons. I have at least a thousand posts from years back, trying to understand who I am, lusting after anyone who would give me an answer. I loved the feel of the clothing and still do. I failed miserably trying to pass, at times. Became unhappy that I just could not turn on a switch and things would be switched around me.

In the past couple of years, I got into different types of music, presently embracing the thrill of Stravinsky, Prokopiev, playing sax and clarinet again and just focusing on trying to have an eternally happy mindset. I joined all kinds of groups on Facebook for these things. The short answer would be that I know my sexuality is not restricted to any gender. This came from people on this site to a great extent. However, my age just takes me out of ever having something physical with anybody but my wife, whom I try to remember as my special gift to be treasured.

Coming back, I see gurls together. The first photo was one with his wife, both of them were just terrific. I see one contributor who is very attractive from a Southwest WI, a place I knew well and love. I see others from places in Michigan, that I used to dream of going to for events.

But I also, see them as I do those people who were once in an old tv show that I am working on doing a podcast for. The title is ‘Adventures in Paradise Remembered’ , check out the Facebook site, if you wish. All of these people in that 1959-62 series will be visited but, like the people who write to this site, they are only my mental impressions. I can have the love and the beauty that they gave me but I never can expect to reach a real touching relationship and that is okay. Life gives and takes.

I came back to see people like me who are happy in dressing. I guess it might be said that I would want to stay to talk to friends, once in a while. I love being back and love being a foolish little gurl again ... among other foolish little gurls. Thanks for the question and, no, there is no other Xdressing site for me. I am true to this wonderful group of gals.
    ❤️〰
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 06-24-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Platinum Member
    Its easy to understand how people slip away from here. Life gets in the way, as they say. Surely some people have simply no time, given competing demands. Others, like myself, may have attempted to put cross dressing aside due to relationship issues. Some found that their needs have been met and can face day to day life without ongoing support.

What brings people back? Probably the same things that brought us here to begin with. Curiosity. A desire for social connections with other cross dressers or transgender people. Some give up on denial and come back as part of their struggle to understand and accommodate their gender identity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don’t hang around social media in general as I find it all a bit boring and repetitive.
    Then when I do decide to check on on Facebook, Twitter or forums of any kind, I tend to be so far behind the times I can’t think of anything new to contribute.

Home girl in the main LucyLondon's Avatar
    I joined a long time ago, and for a reason that escaped me I wandered off, found another site and used that one. Last year I got bored with it and left as it was all rather repetitive. Using furloughed time to go through my various email accounts and cleared out old (in many cases very old) content I cam across emails relating to Crossdressers.com, so I thought I would see if my account was still active and see what was going on, if anything!

Looking through my original list of friends I found that all had either gone or stopped using the site some time ago, so it's time to make some new ones.

Over the past years of being away I have evolved into a simpler style of dressing, i.e. what makes me feel comfy around home, and the limited amount my wife allows me to wear out and about. Furlough has also given me the chance to get rid of many things both male and female that I no longer wear, or bought on a whim and never wore! I'm sure I am not alone in doing this.
    Lucy

God invented Silk and Lace, So lets wear it!

For me its simply that I am a "Lurker"
    I read the posts pretty much daily though i have little or nothing constructive to add.
    Also as my phone and laptop are open for the granddaighters use, and I prefer not to let her discover the webs best site by accident

I hate the term "lurker" as it kind of smacks of some kind of weirdo thing. I have been here for a long time but usually don't have much to say. Seen a lot of members come and go during my time on the site. Wish some would come back. It would be interesting what time has done for them.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

I'm mostly been a lurker. Checking in every now and then.

I mostly lurk or I simply have nothing to reply on most threads.

I come and go depending on how busy I am...if I have more free time, I come on here and comment on a few threads etc. but i can also stay away for weeks, even months. Life just takes over in those ways

LURKING seems to have become the operative gerund for this thread.

That implies visual to me. Yet, I am always been amazed by the small percentage of people using the site that are on the photo gallery compared to the general discussion part of the forum. That’s where I would be lurking, if I lurked.

“Lurking“ is too negative for me. Norman Bates (from movie “Psycho”) was a lurker, not me. When I am at the photo gallery I think of the people there as “what would she be like” as a partner? I think how it would be to be in a relationship with that person.

My standard for any imaginary relationship is how would that person be on a road trip? What would the driving be like? What would the overnight be like? What would breakfast the next day be like? This is what went threw my mind when I first realized that I’ve been bi all my life.

I put too much thought into this stuff. You silent lurkers are lucky. That ain’t me. I have to make comments. I’m a cutie, a dancer and a fairy.

Love to all.

Platinum Member
    Sometimes I will click on the past posting of a member who joined a very long time ago. Then I will click and the earliest posts and then to see who responded. I find many many members have drifted away. I always wonder what happened in their lives and what changed in their minds to drift away. Maybe, they are checking in as "guests."

Banned Read only
    Well from my own experience here. I have to take a break occasionally because I get tired of "Who likes wearing panties?" threads and all of the same old topics like labels that get rehashed time and time again.

When you are out and dress everyday it's no longer a big deal to go anywhere dressed. I see no reason to post what I am wearing right down to the brand, size, and fabric content, where I went, and other people's reactions. Doing so now honestly just feels like bragging unless something really out of the ordinary happened.

Also I think once a person is comfortable and accepting of themselves, they don't really need the support. I don't really come here to receive support like I used to. I come here to offer support to others.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 06-24-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Lurker? I prefer an old military term: listening silence.

Platinum Member
    I am not here as much as I was I just about lived here and was a regular as well as an admin. Drama being too involved and things .

I was way too much involved and it came crashing down. I was hurt and lost and stayed away from the forum for a long time I am back in limited amounts ..

Scary how much you can lose your self.... crazy thing is I could do it again or could I?