Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scratch riding a girl?s bike in a skirt off my bucket list

Silver Member
    I have never found anything I can't do in a skirt. As long as it isn't too long and full and might get caught in something.

In my youth, all girls wore skirts, not trousers, and many of them regularly rode bikes. They rode them to and from school and at weekends for leisure purposes. The skirt-in-the-spokes danger was recognised. Girls would tuck looser skirts beneath them to avoid that problem and many women's biles had a kind of fabric cover stretched over the part of the rear wheel nearest the saddle to prevent skirts getting caught.
    I often wondered what it must feel like to ride a bike wearing stockings with the suspenders pulling and stretching with the pedalling. My girlfriend rode a moped (motorised bike with pedals) to and from her job, dressed apppropriately for work with a firm girdle and nylons beneath her skirt or dress. I haven't been able to try it but really wondered what that must feel like - quite difficult I imagine.

That’s why I wore a black skirt! I was so happy once I realized that it wasn’t going to get caught in the chain or spokes, next time I’m gonna live dangerously in a white eyelet skirt��

I’ve been thinking of doing something similar. Already have a step through bike, electric assist even.
    As for attire, there’re several knife pleated skirts in the closet that would work. Have knee length and mid thigh both in white.

Glenda

I have down it once and too afraid of exposure even with a nearly knee length skirt with built in shorts. Bikes and going up on the roof are the two activities I prefer non-skirts for.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Wow, so cool. I'm really into cycling, and always wanted to get some pretty and colorful "kit"