Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scratch riding a girl?s bike in a skirt off my bucket list

Scratch riding a girl?s bike in a skirt off my bucket list

This horrible pandemic has really been cramping my female style: I finally had a chance to dress up for a few days this week, only to find out that the pool at my apartment complex is closed till the end of June🙁but I finally got to live out a boyhood dream: riding a girl?s bike in a skirt, it was such a blast😊I was worried that my skirt might get tangled up in the chain, but without the high bar I?m used to on a guy?s bike, it was a breeze stepping on and off and I had so much fun, watching my skirt blow around my knees (and above) while I rode along the river trail, what a blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No offense , Sissy. But, that's pretty 1940's. Even in the '50's girls were wearing pedal pushers. Now we wear shorts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I have mountain biked in all women's gear including a sports bra. But biking in a skirt even a skort is something I haven't even done yet.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 06-24-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Looks like you had fun I am glad you had fun. It is so much doing stuff as girl. If only I knew how to ride a bike I would join you (no I am not kidding you I seriously don't know how to ride a bike).

Do you think you will do it again or was it a 1 time thing for you?

-Brandi
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

Brandi, I’ll definitely do it again, I’m hooked! I jog as a chick, play golf and tennis too and even go to the pool in my little skirtini, but there’s something about riding a bike in a flowing skirt that I can’t describe, naughty fun

Cool I am happy for you.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

You sure did put a big smile on my face maybe as big as yours!

I think it is always nice to check off another box and that can just make ones day as I can tell it did for you.
    Brandi, Never rode a bike? We need to do something about that, now where are those training wheels?
    Crissy

Sounds like fun, glad you had a great day

Platinum Member
    Nice to read someone is having a nice coronavirus day. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love the pattern on your top.

Silver Member
    There are tons of great things about a skirt, but there are activities for which a skirt is impractical. All of the work I do, for 9be example. Cycling is another. I know they make the step through frame to accommodate skirts, but still, no. But sometimes, firsthand experience is needed once in a while.

That looks like a really fun thing to do. Very retro. I can only imagine how great that must have felt. Congratulations on checking off that item.

To be fair, I am largely dominated by my urges (or my Heather side) when I?m at home. There have been a few occasions where I have needed to do a run through with the vacuum (or even do gardening) but at the insistence of my Heather side have found myself doing it in a skirt and heels so practicality is often not a luxury I am afforded.

Not sure I have ever ridden a bike dressed though, TBF.

Considering the lessened popularity of skirts and dresses these days it occurred to me to wonder whether they even make girl’s bikes anymore, so I did a Google search. They do, but most of the cross bars are considerably higher than the step-through style in your picture. So congratulations on finding a “real” girl’s bike to ride.
    Last edited by BarbDriscoll; 06-24-2020 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Correct nomenclature for cross bar

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    No offense , Sissy. But, that's pretty 1940's. Even in the '50's girls were wearing pedal pushers. Now we wear shorts!
    I've seen loads of girls riding bikes in mini skirts, especially in Germany. I always have to fight the urge to try and see up them.

Recently there was a controversy near me about a school that allowed a trans girl to go to school as her gender. It was meant to be confidential but someone leaked it to the press on the basis ?that the other parents had the right to know?. It really upset me, but it also got me thinking. I began to think of this thing we do as ?play?. The child is exploring their identity and the way children do that is through play. If a child wants to play at being an astronaut or a cowboy no one minds but let them want to play at being a girl or a boy and suddenly all hell breaks out. Some children will discover their identity in this way and go on to live in the place they visited - people really do go on to be astronauts or cowboys (though not so much in my country - the UK.)

I?m coming to see my crossdressing is in this way playing in the serious way children play. Play that was forbidden me when I was a child. I?m 64 in a few days and it seems unlikely that I will ever live in the place I visit in my play but perhaps I?ll go there more often.

What?s this got to do with the original post you ask? Riding a girls bike in a skirt feels to me like a wonderful piece of play. I?d love to do it. The idea the women now wear cycle shorts today misses the point completely. Like saying to a child that their pretend spacesuit wasn?t real.

Please don?t think I?m downgrading this thing we do by calling it play. To a child play is utterly absorbing and central to their existence - life giving. Fools dismiss a child?s play as trivial -it is vital. And when we lose that ability to play we are diminished.
    Last edited by JennyMay; 06-25-2020 at 06:50 AM.

So well stated Jenny. Thanks and I obviously agree with you.

That?s actually really profound, Jenny. I too am from the U.K., it is societal acceptance that is the big obstacle - the legal side of things is fully on board from what I can tell (not being a lawyer, myself).

You are of course entirely correct. The mental health impacts of not being able to be who you really are can be devastating and long term. For instance, someone who has an interest in football but who is part of a friendship group who enjoys video games may try to suppress their interest in football and try and engage in video games. Whilst the worst that can happen from playing video games is that they might feel a bit board, football is a game very difficult to play on one?s own. Without an outlet the individual is likely to feel unfulfilled.

Most crossdressers have some concept of the ?urge? or ?pink fog? (I know I do) and the effects just cannot be alleviated through any other means than skirts, dresses, heels and makeup. I know from my own experiences that trying suppress these urges for even a relatively short time leads to some dark places.

Trans issues are a step removed again and at an age (as in your example) where it is often difficult to conceptualise what one is feeling and just what it is they are experiencing, it saddens me that people have to experience this; my own experience at school (which I won?t delve into here) was also a result of being deeply misunderstood.

The minor issues that always get brought up (toilets, changing rooms) are really not that difficult to resolve that up and coming LGBT should need to be ostracised.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbDriscoll View Post
    Considering the lessened popularity of skirts and dresses these days it occurred to me to wonder whether they even make girl’s bikes anymore,
    The style of bike she is riding is very popular around here, I see ladies riding them and similar bikes all the time.

Even a few in skirts.

Lovely bit of fun, and I can imagine how freeing and naughty it felt!

Aspiring Member
    Watch out if you get going fast that your skirt doesn't get caught up n the wind and show you off more than you expected. But have fun. Adds a whole new side to biking. Sherrii

Sounds like too much fun, I really have to try it! I just added something to my bucket list.

I have a tricycle with a frame similar to that of a girl's bike. I just ordered a red tennis skort that I may wear when riding it.

Marion

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Cissy's post and JennyMay's reply definitely pushed some of my buttons. I can't pass except on Halloween and therefore I have stress issues when out.

Realizing every single vanilla person that sees u will make u, is for outgoing folks and exhibitionists. Which I am not. Anyone who is familiar with me knows I'm very adventuresome in my Sherry photos. But, those r NOT taken out amongst the muggles!

My point being; I agree with Jenny's comment about play being healthy. No one here "plays" more than Sherry. But, I do that in private!

Out in public, I don't need to be the only one out on a bike trail wearing a skirt to draw more attention to the fact that I'm a MIAD!

I really respect u for your courage in wearing that skirt, Cissy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congratulations on your femme bike riding debut!
    I have a electric bike I ride wearing a skort and v neck or tank top showing bra straps wearing flats.
    It nice when you can press the button going up hill or into the wind...so fun.
    I need to get out again soon...usually during the week when my wife is at work and the forest preserve trail is less crowded.