Thread: Came Out to Friends

Came Out to Friends

I'm male and married to a woman. We're mid-40's. We discovered my love of cross dressing together, after we'd been dating about 18 months. My wife and I have had a pact from the beginning that we wouldn't share any details of our sex life with friends or family. We both have professional jobs and we live in a small city. (400k people)

We met a married lesbian couple a few years ago (wife works with one of them) and became great friends. We grill and play cards and enjoy a few cocktails. They queried us about sex early on and we only hinted that we enjoy a healthy sex life. Never revealed anything and they were okay with that.

My wife and I were taking a bath and eating popsicles the other night and she asked if we should come out to just those 2. I had to think about it for a couple days. We talked again and decided to wait a bit. A few weeks later my wife pointed out that they are coming to visit soon and it would be a lot easier to show them our home when they arrive, if they already knew and expected to see size 18 dresses and size 11 shoes in the closet. I'd had time to process it and was okay with telling them.

We then asked ourselves if they might be offended. They're lesbians and pretty open minded so we hoped they would be okay with hearing this. We talked about a couple other things that might get revealed along with the cross dressing and agreed we would both rather just offer a level of disclosure that wouldn't reveal explicit bedroom details, but would give them a broad view of our personal life behind closed doors, that we have kept hidden from EVERYONE in our circle.

It went well. They both admitted to being mildly suspicious but were never quite sure enough to pose the question, and respected that we had told them we were fairly private with our sex life. They were completely shocked at the level of cross dressing and other activities that go on when my wife and I switch roles in bed.

My wife and I feel a lot better. Relieved? And it was easy. We were pretty sure they were going to giggle and say, "We suspected!"

I can't imagine coming out to family if you were cross dressing, gay or trans. SH*T that's gotta be hard!!

Sounds like it went great, What I got out of your great story was the great communication you and your wife has. I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Connie D50 View Post
    Sounds like it went great, What I got out of your great story was the great communication you and your wife has. I'm jealous
    Communication is our core belief. We never fight. We talk.

Hi That is great that you have a great relationship with your wife and you both enjoy your crossdressing. I came out to a GG friend this weekend the biggest hurdle I faced was how to bring the subject up. How I got the subject up we were going for a bike ride so decided to wear some false diamond stud earrings and not do a very good job of removing my nail polish and that did the trick of bring up the subject. We had a great talk about my crossdressing and it went well. The thing is since the talk it feels like a load off my shoulders that at least a friend that I have know for 10 years knows and I do not have to be cautious around her in what I say and make sure all my feminine side disappears when we meet. I have gone out since then dressed as a female and must admit more relaxed and enjoying it more than before.

Wow good for you and your wife to have the courage to come out to them. That must have been a real nerve wracking endeavor. I couldn't imagine telling any of my family or friends I cross dress unless they somehow discovered and I had to explain it. And if I did I would certainly be a nervous wreck.

Also I am glad your friends were accepting. As members of the LGBTQ+ community themselves, they are probably a lot more accepting than a lot people would otherwise be.

-Brandi
    Last edited by Brandi17; 06-24-2020 at 08:23 AM.

I'm happy for you. Sounds like you picked the right friends. I'm glad your wife is supportive and appreciative, too.

Interesting story. I love reading about such interactions. You are lucky for sure to have such an accepting spouse. Be sure to post some updates.

Sandi

Great story, I am glad for you and wife that everything worked out
    It will get easier for you each time that you decided to open up to others

I am very happy for you! So glad it went well.

This is interesting. My wife and I have have two lesbian couple friends. One couple is in the medical field, the other couple is in the education field.
    The couple who are teachers were very conservative politically and think CD is an illness. Both of these two are very religious, fundamental. SW MO religious.
    We don't see them as much as we used to, just sort of drifted apart.
    The other couple, in the medical field, are much more open minded and both of them come from very small towns in the Ozarks.

I was sort of surprised at the reaction of the teachers. They were very staight-laced.
    Last edited by Ozark; 06-24-2020 at 07:27 PM. Reason: grammar

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Great story, Scorpio! As a divorced CD, I must admit to being jealous of your situation on so many levels!

However, I AM suspicious of one thing:
    That u revealed yourself to them because u were worried they mite check out the dress and shoe sizes in your closet!?

Maybe there's something else going on that u don't want us to know?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Great story, Scorpio! As a divorced CD, I must admit to being jealous of your situation on so many levels!

However, I AM suspicious of one thing:
    That u revealed yourself to them because u were worried they mite check out the dress and shoe sizes in your closet!?

Maybe there's something else going on that u don't want us to know?
    I'm not following you.

I'm 3 or 4 dress sizes bigger than my wife and 2 or 3 shoe sizes, depending on brand. It's going to be obvious that there are 2 very different sizes of clothes and shoes in the master bedroom closet.

Our friends live far away. They are flying here to visit in a few months. We just built a brand new house and they're going to want the nickel tour.... which would include the master bathroom and attached walk in closet.

My wife had mentioned telling them about a year ago and I asked her to wait. The subject came up again because they're coming to visit. My wife said it would be easier to just tell them, so they aren't shocked when they see the bathroom and closet during the nickel tour. (it's a big bathroom and closet and they're women... they're gonna want to see the master bathroom and closet)

What could possibly be going on that I would hide while I basically have total anonymity on this site? What is there to hide? Still not following you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark View Post
    This is interesting. My wife and I have have two lesbian couple friends. One couple is in the medical field, the other couple is in the education field.
    The couple who are teachers were very conservative politically and think CD is an illness. Both of these two are very religious, fundamental. SW MO religious.
    We don't see them as much as we used to, just sort of drifted apart.
    The other couple, in the medical field, are much more open minded and both of them come from very small towns in the Ozarks.

I was sort of surprised at the reaction of the teachers. They were very staight-laced.
    That just goes to show we can't stereotype people. I'll admit that my first instinct is to label all teachers as socially left leaning, or liberals, until proven otherwise. Not fair but it's the common stereotype as you pointed out.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-25-2020 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Political references are not allowed