Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I told another GG friend, AND.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Well Doc, I am glad that you asked..... She and I found out very quickly that we both love the same TV show, "Supernatural" and we talked about that a lot. LOL But I mean, you know how it goes when you first start talking to anyone...? Small talk really, then later become friends and conversations tend to get a bit more personal as the two people learn more about each other. However, she and I, of course, don't share anything TOO intimate with each other, it's really a mutual respect kind of thing. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Aspiring Member
    Kimberly,

Kudos to you and your GG friends! I can relate to your relationship with your Chat Room GG friend.

About 5 years ago through moving office cubicle roulette, I ended next to an admin assistance - GG. We shared family stories, pictures of the grandkids, laughs, tears etc. Last year I went through a series of medical testing, which postponed needed eye surgery, and the death of a sibling after a year long journey in and out of hospital, rehabilitation/therapy and assisted living. She was always there to listen and to offer support - note: she is a breast cancer survivor.

About 3 weeks ago the company reduced the workforce, and as a result I lost my job. I elected to retire, but many who lost their jobs need to find work. Within days she became despondent because she new a number of individuals who lost their jobs. Sensing her sadness I wrote her an e-mail with the hope of brightening her outlook. Since she and her husband share the e-mail, and she was not up to reading my e-mail, her husband read it to her. She thanked me, and said it made it feel better.

Although I have not told her directly that I am transgender, I have shared that I get pedicures, carry a handbag on weekends. She is a great human being and I am so fortunate to have crossed paths with her.

Yes, we can have platonic relationships with GGs, and I am sure it has been going on for centuries.

I can totally understand that, Kelli.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you, Patience! Yeah, I just got sick and tired of all the snarky remarks and such and I'm not afraid to stand up to people like that. Not that I wanted to, especially here since most everyone is so nice, of course but I felt it was needed..... I've had a LOT of experience on social media, in chat rooms and such and I've dealt with way worse and never hesitate to put the trolls and snarky people in their place.

Yes, it's definitely awesome to have another supportive GG friend whom I've known for a number of years. LOL..... I agree with shaving habits being a personal detail, but I just kinda wanted to ease her into the conversation and not just come right out and say, "Guess what, I'm a crossdresser" and that was just best way I knew how to do it. Besides, she has shared with me some personal details about herself that she wouldn't share with anyone else besides her husband as well. LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

DMichele, thank you! I'm glad you as well have a GG friend that you can share that info with, I know it helps a lot.

Hey Kimberly,

It is nice to have someone you know who you can talk to about dressing. I really do not have that among my friends and family. I have only come out to strangers but that is enough for me.

Gosh I have not been in any chat rooms in 20 years. One reason I stopped was the chat rooms where I went to were poorly moderated and people would be rude or kick people out on a whim. Good moderation is a necessity for this sort of space to not get out of control. I did get a few nasty comments directed at me on one post here. One even called me dense, but since most people are very nice I just let it slide, but just so you know - I get what you were saying.

Stay safe,

Sandi

Hey Sandi,

Oh yes, it definitely is nice to have a supportive GG friend whom I can talk to, especially when I'll never come out to family about being a CD'er..... Also, I totally understand about coming out to only strangers; for some reason, it's just easier to do that than it is to tell someone you've known for a long time.

About the chat rooms, I understand that as well..... The ones that I chat in, however, plus the one that I own are very well and closely moderated and the owners and mods do not allow for any drama or harassment in the chat rooms. However, I'm sorry to hear that you had a hard time in the chat rooms..... Just out of curiosity Sandi, did you used to chat in Talk City, now known as Delphi Forums? That's where I chat, is the reason I asked. LOL

Kimberly

No I used to have a hotmail account and I think it was a MSN chat room as I recall. It has been so long I barely remember. They used to have some crossdressing chat rooms. A lot has changed since then, but I never wanted to start up again in part because I just do not have the time to chat for extended periods now. Even so I made a few long distance friends at the time so it was kind of fun.

Sandi