Thread: She didn't freak out!

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar

Yes to Electrolysis

I hate shaving. I especailly hate having to shave extra close in order to put on my makeup.

I've tried everything. Dilatory creams, multiple razors, even tweeszing! That last one has resulted in infected hair follicles.

It's been my fantasy to get electrolysis done. I was absolutely sure my wife would totally freak out. She knows all about Daviana, we even have regular girls' days out, but there's always that line in the sand. I was sure any permanent changes to my body would be too must.

Tonight at dinner I told her I wanted to get my beard electrolysized. (Is that a word?)

She calmly said, "OK, are you sure you won't want to grow your goatee again some day?"

She said OK. OMG!!! OMG!!!

Now I just need to find an electrologist near me I can afford.
    Last edited by Davina Katherine; 06-25-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Hi Daviana,

Congratulations! Sometimes you get what you want if you ask.

Marion

Banned Read only
    Good for you! I have started with laser hair removal since it's a bit cheaper.

I tell you what it's nice to not have to worry about covering that beard shadow.

im happy for you!!!! thats awesome

It's wonderful news that your wife is supportive of the idea. You seem to be making steady progress.
    Permanent facial hair removal is theoretically on my list, but sadly the cost is way above my budget. Maybe oneday....
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

That is fantastic news, what an awesome wife.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Daviana,
    It's so good to read that comment , afterall it is your body , you shouldn't really need permission .

As for the shaving , I have to shut it out it's part of my day so I just get on with it . For me there's little choice but to close shave every morning as I wear makeup everyday , the same goes for my arms , chest and legs , this time of the year I'll be wearing Tshirts , some with a low cut front and usualy a skirt with bare legs .

Using a razor and Cremo, I get a smooth, smooth shave.
    But I torally get where you're coming from. Grats to you that she said OK!

Just fyi, the new phillips precision line does a wonderful job for an electric razor and is as close as a blade. It's not cheap at about 250-300, but does a wonderful job that lasts at least 8 hrs on face and all day on body hair.

Careful with electric treatments. They can be quite painful for a day or two, and leave bright red spots. I think the treatment for just face takes about a year of regular treatments to be effective.

Having had "some" electrolysis done on my neck and chest I can say it can get quite painful at times. The face is a whole different world when it comes to "discomfort".

Check with multiple technicians until you find one who knows what they're doing and you're comfortable with. I'd recommend mine if you were in South Carolina!

It will take time and the cost will add up.

Good Luck!

Glad for you that you have an understanding wife, happy trails ahead

On Sunday I have a gender support group. Hoping they can make some recommendations on available services in my area.
    I really hope this works out.

With all due respect I have a question as I'm still learning to navigate my way through the forum. Isn't beard removal a bit beyond what crossdressers would do? I think of things like hair removal and hormones as part of transitioning and not something I'd see in the crossdressers section. Forgive me if my question is out of place, I don't have any complaints about the post, I'm just trying to figure out if heard removal is something other crossdressers are doing which would expand my definition of crossdressing.

Truth be told I would love to have my beard removed but I don't think bringing it up would end well. My wife would consider that as crossing the line from me being a dadt crossdresser to what she fears I will become.
    Last edited by Star01; 06-26-2020 at 11:08 AM.

No worries Star.

To be honest, I labored over which forum to post in.
    I read the criteria for each, and finally went with this one.
    Maybe the Beauty forum would have been more appropriate.

If a moderator reads this, please move this to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

The definition of "crossdresser" seems to be a bit in flux. It really seems to cover a wide range of thought/attitude/behaviors.

So, how many CD's would go for facial hair removal if there were no barriers, SO or $$??

Straight young professional guys out here on the west coast do this all the time married and single so they don't have to shave anymore . I have watched the prices go down also as more places started offering it . Yes its expensive but not like it was .
    I started noticing this roughly 2011 in Portland and Seattle and certainly down here where I live now .
    i don't like facial hair on guys or anyone else for that matter so I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to do it .
    Last edited by Dutchess; 06-26-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

I have all of those barriers, but I think if I didn't I might go for it.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's funny how marrieds communicate isn't it, Jessie Mae? You're CERTAIN how your spouse will respond, so u avoid that subject.

Then, the subject comes up and he/she replies the opposite way that u expected!

If all couples simply ASKED their partner what they thot instead of guessed? I'll bet there would be a lot of divorced folks still together!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No worries, don't move it on my account. I'm not complaining about the placement, just trying to learn how to navigate. I would have my beard removed but I'd never get past my accountant aka the wife.

Exactly how much cost are we talking about here...maybe $2,000 US dollars?
    What is costly for some is affordable for others, depending on your income.
    I might also look into this.
    As it is now, I epulate my arms and legs every month or so but you just can't epulate your face.
    I would be interested to find a fixed cost....anyone have this done yet?

Platinum Member
    Except for covering unsightly scars beards really serve no purpose. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    Isn't beard removal a bit beyond what crossdressers would do? I think of things like hair removal and hormones as part of transitioning and not something I'd see in the crossdressers section.
    Well, shaving does become a chore for those that dress regularly. I remember having a beard because my GF liked it. But when I dressed and saw myself in the mirror I hated the incongruity of it.

I also hate shaving but I hate having stubble even more! Gee, maybe I would transition if I could afford it. I find the line between crossdressing and transitioning to be rather thin sometimes. YMMV
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    With all due respect I have a question as I'm still learning to navigate my way through the forum. Isn't beard removal a bit beyond what crossdressers would do?.
    Some have very bad facial hair, and have skin and hair problems as a result; this can also be the case with cis men. Some may have dark facial hair that results in a dark shadow under the skin that cannot removed with shaving. I had both problems, ingrown hairs all over, sensitive skin that didn't like daily shaving, and a permanent dark shadow. I am a crossdresser, and have had 100 hours on my face. In fact... as the old commercial goes, "I liked it so much I bought the company!"