Thread: For Some of Us It Is the Little Things

For Some of Us It Is the Little Things

Being pretty deep in the closet, and not out to my wife, the quarantine has made any chance to dress non-existent. This week I decided that I had to get at least a little taste. So I wore the one male cut pink polo shirt I own, jeans and panties to work. It wasn?t much but at least something. I am the only male in my office with four other women. I had a contentious issue I needed to inform one of the other women about. This woman doesn?t handle change well and can easily ?lose it? when things don?t go the way she wants or expects.

While talking about it with one of the other women she suggested I just send her the info in an email to avoid having to tell her in person and experience her potential wrath. Initially, that sounded good and I headed to my office to do it but as I started the email I knew it should tell her in person.

I got up, walked by the other woman and said ?I am wearing my big girl panties so I am going to go tell her in person.?

She smiled and said ?You go girl!?

She had no idea how great that made me feel. It is the little things!

Lol i love it and so true how something like that can make you so happy you will remember that for a long time!

I bet that made your day!

Cute story. I hope it went well.

That is always a wonderful event but it rarely happens in my world. It is a bit of a validation of a deeper identity, but be careful. They might also be humoring you (which, by the way, is not nice to do). A comment like "You go girl" followed later by "I was just kidding" can hurt really bad. In your case and situation you could counter that retraction of a complement by pointing out the pink shirt, pulling down the waist band of you pants a little and let them see the top of your panties followed by a smile and walk off. Or you could say, "You got it right the first time." Smile and walk away.

As your co-worker said you go girl,glad you did it and glad it made your day

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Those "big girl panties" can be very powerful!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good thing there were no males around. Or, you'd be hearing, "Big girl panties", every day for as long as u work there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Brought a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing your experience

Silver Member
    Way to go, girl!

Platinum Member
    If you get in trouble with human resources for using that phrase you can get out of trouble by revealing your "big girl panties."

Very cool, nice story.

Yes, you did the right thing by doing it face to face.

The rest was just icing on the cake.

So how did your coworker take the news?

Interesting work dynamic you got going. I wonder how far you could take it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    So how did your coworker take the news?

Interesting work dynamic you got going. I wonder how far you could take it.
    It is an interesting dynamic. This is a second career for me, I retired from a very male dominated profession and this has been a very enjoyable change. I have been told I fit in very well and they enjoy me being here. With the exception of complimenting them on some their dresses when they wear them, haircuts, and occasionally shoes, that was as bold as I have been.

Oh, and the co-worker took it pretty well. I let her provide some input in the change that was happening and I think that helped.

Thanks everyone else for the nice comments.