Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Dressing

Lockdown Dressing

Has anybody else been struggling to get time to dress and do make up? I have because I live with my family again and have not had much time to myself for a while. Working at home I should have plenty of time to dress, do my make up and improve my feminine mannerisms but I don't have time. Anybody else in the same boat and having the same frustrations?

Yes the covid situation virtually shut me down as my wife is now gone for only 20 min at a time. Bars and clubs if open are still too risky for me when traveling for work. I have not been able to go out fully dressed since Feb 1. It is disappointing but better to stay safe than sorry.

Sandi

For me thankfully I have been very uneffected since I live alone, if anything it has allowed me to do it more since I am working less hours at work than I was before Covid. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to dress all day long if I want to without anyone being around notice.

My heart goes out to everyone who can't CD right now though.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

Ive been working the whole time. I am living with some one who doesn't like I'm trans. So i have had be me male since the new year. I was going to move a few weeks ago, but apparently no one wants to rent places. Even though they are still available, but I'm now buying a house. So I should be gone soon.

Back in January. I was planning on a three day weekend. To celebrate me getting freedom back, and my birthday. Which is the end of july. I planned on going shopping for the weekend, and maybe going out to a bar. Then monday being a spa day, and doing something to my hair.

That has all changed thanks to covid. Even though every thing is open. With what has gone down. In the last few months with tcovid, and protesters. I'll be skipping the shopping part now, and since I still live where I live. I won't be doing any thing to my hair. I went from having a great weekend planned. To just getting my legs waxed. Along with seeing my hairdresser/brow lady. To get a brow wax, and she wants to help with my makeup.

Dressing, not so much. Makeup is a concern as It’s a work in progress for me and if I do put it on, I want to have it on as long as possible. Can’t quite swing it with things as they are atm.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Reality Check
    Not really a change for me. My wife and I are both retired so the quarantine didn't affect us much.
    Krisi

youngest daughter has been home since spring break when classes were canceled.

Now she's official a college graduate and looking for work.....while living at home.

At least I can close the door and wear my nightgowns to bed.

I had to let a family member move in April 9th. Only dressing I do now days is for a few minutes in my locked bedroom.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I was in that same situation from the start of the lockdown until last week. We have a shared family lake home that we alternate staying at but my daughter had gone through a divorce and lived there until a couple weeks ago. When my wife went up there for the week I was able to do some dressing and it felt great to finally have some alone time. I plan on going up there for a few days under the guise of working in the yard and spending some alone time trying to find some songwriting inspiration. Those opportunities come sometimes right when we reach the end of our ability to fight off the pink fog.

I also feel for all the gals who have to endure being restricted do to problems caused by the pandemic.
    My wife knows some things I do are of a femme nature but it's a don't ask, don't tell kind of thing.
    I have been pretty fortunate my wife is a essential worker as she is 7 years younger than me ....and I am semi retired.
    So these past 3 years I have been the homemaker, being able to dress and clean, go shopping and have some freedom to be girly during the mornings and afternoons as I desire, while she is at work.
    It helps we do not have children.
    Now that things are opening up, last weekend, she left to visit friends out of state and I was able to get pretty and go on-line to a "Zoom" meeting with all my like minded sorority girls at Chi-chapter crossdressing group.
    I updated my avatar picture here from pictures I took that night. I was sure enjoying the luxury of my girly feel and look, it was heaven!
    Keep your chin up girls, hopefully soon, as things open up, you will be able to get back to normal!

It has been really frustrating for me too! I haven?t been able to dress once.

very frustrating...my SO was supposed to be out of town last week for work. I was so looking forward to it

For me it has increased. Since I live alone. I don't spend the night at GF right now so home every night. I am working from home ( at least until September), so I get dressed everyday. I don't do makeup everyday. But everything else. At the beginning of the Covid I had my nails on for 3 weeks straight. I don't dress outside the home so I wore gloves like most everyone else. It was interesting I felt like everyone was watching me. (they weren't) Once I got the the car I took the gloves off and let the nails out! LOL It wa the longest I have worn my glue on nails. I did prep good so I wouldn't have any issues of them coming off or getting mold starting.

Brutal and incredibly frustrating. Absolutely no Felicia time right now...sigh
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Everyone has been home, including our son who was doing school from home.

Now that school is out, he’s working at a day camp (with appropriate precautions) I can dress while he’s gone.

Everyone home here too. Family togetherness.

Banned Read only
    Its difficult and frustrating to dress up, but i never forgot to wear my sexy Gooddevil.com brand panties, because i can not live without them.But i miss those days when i easily makeup and wear my body corn dresses.

Not been able to go anywhere so no chance to dress. Looking forward to getting out again now. It will be a relief.

With both of us retired, opps to dress are few, and limited to when the XYL goes off with a friend. With the lockdown, there is no going off, so its been several months...
    Susann_Gardener

It?s been rough here. My wife is supportive, but my kids don?t know and don?t need to. I?ve been able to dress a bit here and there in short amounts of time after they go to sleep or if my wife occupies them awhile, but I could really use a few hours to really get into my groove.

Banned Read only
    Yahh now everybody at home its difficult to dress up but i wear my sexy mensuas.com brand lingerie's daily.

I have been dressing more often, just to relieve the boredom. And my partner has been going along with it for the same reason.

Lockdown has been a wonderful time of bonding and growth for my wife and me but it's been a heartbreak for femme time-almost zero time to dress.

Lockdown or not it is the same for me, I live with my family so rarely have a chance to get dress let alone practice makeup.

Going into the lockdown I saw it as an opportunity to dress to some extent everyday. So I did. Then my wife made a couple remarks which sent me running with my tail between my legs, crying in the corner. So I immersed myself in house projects in full on guy mode. Almost four months later, the anxiety is building up and I can sure use a few days as Robin.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!