Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my nerve.

Some great replies here Ladies, making a lot of sense, thanks for the advice
    Hopefully next time..

I'v been out an about a lot, mostly with CD friends, but sometimes alone. I still get that sense of dread every once in a while.

The first time out, I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with about 10,000 normals, me and a couple of CDs that I ran into during the day. I even went there in boy mode and rented a wench costume and changed there. It was actually kind of easy. The girls at the rental counter were so cool that I became very confident. Even though I was walking by people all day long, no more than a dozen acknowledged that I was a man in a peasant top, skirt and a bustier.

I know that if anyone took the time to look, it would be obvious, but most people were in their own little world.

Nonetheless, I still freeze up sometimes.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi Kym,

I thought I had replied to this thread but apparently I didn't. I know how you feel, that is how I feel whenever I first get out of my car to go jogging. If anyone is around I sit and play on my phone until they leave. Once I am out of the car I am fine though. The trick I find is just to take a breath, commit yourself to doing it and to not care what others think. That is what I find works anyway.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes

I understand this totally. A number of years ago, before I began going out in public, I drove a few hours away from my home for a makeover. I looked great if I do say so myself lol. I drove back home and rushed inside. As I was about to take off my makeup I said to myself "you've driven all day long, you look fine but you don't want to go out"? I decided to take the plunge, my first time in public. I drove to a supermarket, stayed in the car nervously, then finally got out. To my delight the only reactions I got were smiles, mostly from men but also from a few ladies. It helped that I had a short fitted dress and heels lol. After that it was like a flip was switched and I have been going out ever since.

Kym you are not alone in having these feelings, it hits each and everyone who starts out from scratch; But the more you go out and realise that in fact nobody is actually bothering to look at you then you will your confidence will grow.
    Your nervousness will recede as time goes by, as did mine and now i dont bother, if somebody close by glances i smile politely at them and if they are close enough I will greet them as well.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman