Thread: As time marches on

As time marches on

I must admit to beginning to get a bit edgy over the lack of opportunity to fully dress. To have those few hours to get fully dressed sans makeup and feel like myself once more.

I know I'm lucky, as I write this I'm sat in the lounge in femme tee, skirt and hose as my SO, due to back pain issues, sits and knits in bed. If she gets up I hear her moving about and can very quickly, practice makes perfect, cover up. This is part of my daily routine and as I say I know I'm lucky many would give anything for such opportunities.

It's just that after all these weeks, heck a quarter of the year has passed, I'm really starting to miss the opportunities I used to have to fully dress and move about the house.

Also, I find this frustration manifests itself in odd ways. I suddenly got the urge a couple of days ago to wear my shaper thong. I wear knickers every day, when it's cool tights too but yep, I need to wear a thong all of a sudden. Usually uncomfortable after a while for some reason this time no, very comfortable and the tuck, the shape it gives is pleasing to say the least. I think it's going to become a regular.

I'm sure more odd little desires will pop into my head as time goes on and we live in this semi limbo but if they all work out as well as this one, well the job's a good 'un!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Can you imagine how awful it is then being trapped in the house and you can't escape to buy some nice male clothing ! You have no idea how much I'm suffering for that !!!!

Seriously it must be very hard being stuck in that situation , I really couldn't go back to that now I've found my freedom . Tomorrow ( Thursday ) I've booked to view the extensive gardens at Belvoir Castle ( pronounced Beaver ) as it's only ten minutes drive away , my main concern is what to wear as the weather forecast has changed from the best day of this week to the wettest ! Us Brits and the weather !! I will be taking my camera so who knows what pics I'll come back with .

Perhaps not a good idea talking about desires .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-01-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Reality Check
    I can't imagine trying to dress and hide my dressing from a wife or other person living in the same house, especially while they are home. That's got to be very stressful and it's bound to end poorly one day.

Best of luck and try to work out a better situation for yourself.
    Krisi

Helen,
    Oh I get it. Today marks 5 months since the last time I went out fully dressed and socialized. It sort of messed with my head causing me to get sloppy by trying things on while my wife was sleeping. My house has carpet on a concrete slab so it is impossible to hear footsteps. So I just refocused on trying to get some new things for some future time when things return to normal. I just ordered 3 new dresses. Although the whole situation right now is depressing, I am fortunate and not directly affected by covid yet. We have a bad situation going on here in the US with the cases going up. I think the low level constant worry about it can trigger some people like me to want to dress as an escape from reality. The urge can be difficult to put down at times. At least that is the way it is for me.

Sandi

Aspiring Member
    Yes, dressing in the house and hiding is stressful. It does end badly one day. It takes little imagination to understand how I know this. I still hide my dressing, but I dress outside the house, in a rented, climate controlled storage unit. Until a few months ago, I dressed while on business trips but that option is now not available.

Platinum Member
    I have to join "The League of Frustrated Girls." Frustration has been going on longer than this pandemic. My wife fully retired from the teaching profession. A little earlier than planned due to medical issues, but none the less she is always at home. If the pandemic was not chugging along and if she did not have a total knee replacement, she'd be using the city bus lines for a full day of shopping. She does not drive due to a visual impairment due to getting run over when she was 12. BTW, there can be long term effects from TBI (traumatic brain injuries). Anyway, I have absolutely no idea when and If Stephanie will ever get a week's worth of Stephanie time. My only outlet now is sleeping in a nightgown and panty since we sleep apart. I have an itch to sleep in one of my Velrose long full slips, bra and a panty.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho your life style sounds dreadfully stressful to me?

I count u lucky on one front, Helen. To me, throwing on a few things is both frustrating and pointless.

If I can't take the time to do whole 9 yards, I won't dress, period!

So, you're lucky to be satisfied with the little, partial dressing u do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry,

In some ways my dressing mimics that of a GG. Take this morning, awoke, got out of bed, put on clean knickers and tights, put on a skirt and top, nothing special, just day wear. So, OK, I needed of initially cover up as I needed to go out on a chore but once back back to femme only clothing while I tidied the kitchen and readied my SO's breakfast. A quick cover up, deliver breakfast and back downstairs to feed Helen and spend time here back in my femme attire.

So I haven't got on a wig or forms but I'm sat as many a GG might be just relaxing. I'm content with my dressing being this close to the everyday life of Mrs Average.

So please, don't feel pity or sorry for me. I know there are those who would swap and be them sitting here on the sofa in an instant. I'm a lucky gal.

Helen I wish you well but I wish there was a way for you to tell your SO about your dressing so that in some small way you could have better dressing freedom at home
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman