Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beaumont Society

Banned Read only
    Kaye,
    While it did have that reputation at one time , it has done so much good in the UK , so I'm now grateful you've corrected Angela's misconception .

Tri-Ess and the Beaumont Society have been established in different ways , the BS is a charity set up to support all under the trans umbrella , with or without partners/wives , it also offers very good confidential support for that group .

Sorry Folks -- didnt mean to start a "war".......

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    It was a good question to ask , the forum isn't reality joining something like the Beaumont Society is , many of us need that real contact to help us along the road , the forum can only take us so far .

I was a member of the Beaumont society joining in my late twenties in the 1990's and found it to be a good mix of CD/TV and TS back then.

I met Janett Scott many times and went to some events at her home and am sorry to hear of her passing.

Janett was quite strict on dress codes at her events and IMHO rightly so as partners, wives and family were welcome; it would have been odd and disturbing to find people dressed in fetish type clothing at this kind of event.
    I think in some ways this may be where the misconception about being a twin set and pearls club came from.

On a slightly different note although it was over 30 years ago I attended an event wearing a lovely lilac twin set from Evans and wonderful faux pearl neck attire as part of my ensemble.... classic for a Lady in her late twenties and sadly long gone.

RIP Janett and Many Thanks for all your help and support
    Last edited by Lilly Diadem; 07-04-2020 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Spelling!
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

Thanks Lilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Jones View Post
    Thanks Lilly.
    My pleasure..... and off topic but on track I have a Martin Evans designed Simplex in 5" not that it has turned a wheel in many a year
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

I am a member of the Beaumont society and joining was one of the best things I have done. From an initial chat on the phone to the regional organiser who helped me feel I was not alone to attending a Beaumont weekend where i was able to dress in public in a very relaxed atmosphere for the first time. I have now attended about four weekends (held in Harrogate) and now feel OK walking around Harrogate and going in a couple of pubs. There are many who are around my age -70 some older some younger. There is no distinction between CD/TV and TS. A very friendly crowd of people. Their website is different to this and I find it interesting and useful, likewise their magazine which is a good read. Unfortunately a lot of the regional organiser positions are vacant but there are members who organise outings and meet ups.
    Cheers
    Robbie

Hi,
    Well first of all a BIG thank you to all who took the time &trouble to reply--after a lot of thought i have followed up a link sent by one of the Posters on here &appled to join The Northern Concord, so will see how things progress........
    Liz

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly Diadem View Post
    My pleasure..... and off topic but on track I have a Martin Evans designed Simplex in 5" not that it has turned a wheel in many a year
    Don Young--Marie Estel 7.25 " Gauge......