Thread: Triggered

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

Triggered

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time. My wife has been dealing with a health issue that put her out of work. In the past our schedules worked out so I had one day alone, Sunday morning, to dress while she was at work. Eventually with permission I started staying dressed after she got home. She's had a health problem and eventually had to quit working, at the same time I found my interest in cross dressing to lessen and I have a very hard time getting dressed up when she's at home.

When Covid caused us to shelter at home I started occasionally thinking about dressing up. It seemed like such a perfect time to indulge, but I didn't.

I've been feeling a growing urge though. Recently we stopped by a bizarre store called "Treasure Hunt" where people were digging through bins of stuff, everything was 3 dollars. There was a great deal of brand new clothes folded in plastic packages, where you could really have no idea what you're getting, sometimes even the size wasn't known. As I was digging I found a lacey pink dress, it's nothing special, a budget Chinese item, but I fell in love with it. I also found an amazing baroque style costume, not a dress, but very cool and I'm dying to dress up right and take photos with them.

Still I found myself reluctant to even shave my beard, that ever so important first step. Sunday I came home from a camping trip and noticed my sweater dress was on the couch. Apparently my mother in law was visiting recently and was cold, so she started looking for a sweater, but was unable to find one in my wife's closet so she searched through mine. Most of my girl clothes are hanging in the basement, but I have several items at the end of my closet too. She showed my wife the sweater dress and wanted to know why I had dresses in my closet.

My wife covered for me, telling her it was just extra stuff that wouldn't fit in her closet, so hopefully she bought it.

The next day I had an overwhelming urge to wear a dress or skirt, all day long I just kept thinking of how much more comfortable I'd be. In the afternoon I put on a summer dress, my wife wasn't exactly thrilled but oddly enough as the afternoon became evening she didn't bat an eye.

Then, as if the world was plotting against me I got an email from this forum notifying a personal message, telling me how cute I looked in my photos. Which I haven't posted in about a 10 months. Is that some kind of coincidence or what?

Think I'm going to do a proper photo session soon.

Hi Sarah,

First off sorry about your wife's illness, I hope she is able to recover soon.

I couldn't tell from your post whether your wife is fully supportive of you dressing or not, but it seems like she does at least a little bit. So if she doesn't mind you dressing at home I would say go for it! I find the 'pink fog' always just gets worse until you indulge it. I never know how long the pink fog will be gone for after I do indulge it, it can be weeks, months or in my recent case almost an entire year, but when it comes I can't ignore it for more than a couple weeks until I find myself needing to dress. It just so happened this time happened it was as we were opening back up from covid, and the masks gave me a perfect excuse to shave (for the first time in a year so would have drawn questions normally).

I guess what I am trying to say is, if dressing makes you happy and your wife already knows and supports it, what have you got to lose? Just dress and have fun. But just remember ignoring it usually never works, that is what I have found out the hard way, the more you prolong it, the more you will want to do it. So I say just do it and enjoy it!

-Brandi
    Last edited by Brandi17; 07-01-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes