Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heels?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne S View Post
    "Five feet twelve" is such a cute way of saying "six feet"!

I remember one woman I worked with who was six feet two. So some women do get up there!
    Still my little sister though....

Silver Member
    On the negative side, heels can be uncomfortable and hard on the feet as well as expensive and possibly vulnerable to getting damaged.

On the positive side, heels look awesome on anyone who wears them, be they male, female, or trans. They make my legs look longer, my feet look smaller and my dresses and skirts are always crying out to be mated with a pair of heels. They are an important part of my look, which boosts my confidence through the roof.

I get that for many people, the negatives outweigh the positives so they don't go in for them. Not me. I see mostly the positives, so I wesr them until my feet hurt too much then switch into the flats I bring along for emergencies

I?m early 30s and heels are my favourite! They look/feel feminine and really good! Chores are generally done in 4 or 5 inch heels as it?s a good chance to wear them for a while but so far only worn ballet flats outside the house!

I love heels because i think they really complete an outfit and make my legs look long and slender, they also make me feel far more confident. I dont go out while crossdressing unless im wearing heels, I think the trap a lot of people fall into with heels is they buy them solely based on look instead of really considering comfort and it kills their feet and makes people move away from them entirely. While heels will never really be as comfortable as other shoes, they dont have to be painful after a couple of minutes. You have to get to know your feet and what you can comfortably wear.

Before the shutdown I started to wear booties and heeled oxfords to work. I taken advantage of the Cole Haan sales to buy higher quality shoes.
    I'm petite, so I doubt there are any health risks. I've been able to wear inexpensive heeled shoes all day without discomfort.
    I don't know about wearing high heels to work. That is more for the folks who work in the C-suite.

Marion

I love wearing heels, very sexy! En femme I go for tall heels with open toes. I look for women's shoes with short heels that can pass as unisex for guy mode.

Silver Member
    High heels used to be very important to me, but as I've aged my balance isn't as good nor my ankles as strong as in my youth. So, my heels, now, are shorter in height and with chunky heels. Wedges are good, too. And my silicone girls have sagged, too.

Reality Check
    Watching youtube videos of crossdressers, most ae wearing heels. I can't help noticing the sound of the heels is much louder than it would be for normal women. This may be because most crossdressers are considerably heavier than genetic women. A typical 200 pound woman would probably not be wearing heels.
    Last edited by Krisi; 10-23-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    Krisi

I love Heels. I only have a few flats or heels under 2 inches in the cooler weather I about live in them.
    Angie

@Krisi Microphones tend to pick up the sound of the heel very good and they appear louder in videos than you would hear it in real life. How loud is the heel also depends on shoes itself. I have some heels that are very loud and some that are much more silent. Usually the shoes with high and spiky heels and those with wide plastic or wooden heels are the loudest in my experience. Normal heels for every day use are much more quiet. Most women you see wearing heels on the street are using shoes meant for every day use and walking and those heels don't make much noise when walking. Of course, how you walk and how heavy you are also makes a difference if you compare 2 people wearing same model of shoes.

Heels accentuate the legs and makes me feel more feminine but I don't need to wear them all of the time. In fact, as I type, I am taking a break from tidying up my study and wearing ballet flats because they are just so much more practical for this task.

I do love a high heel (3"-4") but I have problems with the my spine these days and so I need to be sensible otherwise I will pay for wearing my heels.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

For me heels were first thing in my crossdressing road. They were alway some kind of symbol of being a women. I think that they are most femmine part of wardrobe and this is the secret of their popularity in crossdresser community.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Krisi tbh, I really don't give much thought into heels..... For me, they're very uncomfortable and they just plain SUCK! LOL I can't tell you HOW many times I've heard GG's, whether it be online or otherwise, complaining about heels and how much they hurt their feet..... And I'm like, why sacrifice comfort for fashion then? That's one of the many things about women's fashion that I'll never understand. LOL

Anyway, I own one pair of green, peep-toe heels that I've worn out once and I think that's enough for me with that pair, because they're very uncomfortable. I also own two pairs of strappy high-heels that I've worn out a couple of times and they're actually comfortable. LOL However, I do own several pairs of high-heeled shoes or wedges, but (and I'm trying to think of the best way to describe them here LOL), they have the thick, blocky-looking heels on them and they're way more comfy than regular high-heels.

To answer your question about it being a fetish for me..... Absolutely not, heels are not a fetish of mine. I will say, though they do look good on some women, but that's more of a friendly compliment than it is something like, "Ooo, she looks SO hot in those heels". LOL So yeah, I'm not one who gets overly excited about any type of shoes.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 07-19-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I am a big fan of heels, just so feminine and sexy! Still, the reality is the can become very uncomfortable for long distances, so I carry flats in my purse.

High heels make your legs look better, and make your feet look smaller. That is the main reason I like wearing them. For some it may be a fetish, but that is far from the only reason.

Stiletto type heels, with very small points on the heels, can damage some kinds of flooring, because your weight as you step down is concentrated in a smaller surface area. But I have yet to see any such damage on floors I have worn stiletto heels on.

Generally speaking, stiletto heels are out of fashion among cisgender women, unless they are going to a formal activity like a wedding, a funeral, or a special evening out (fancy dinner, charity fund raiser, opera...). CisGender women have adopted casual dress for almost all activities, so pants and sneakers are a lot more common. If you might wear a formal dress and pearls to the activity, stiletto heels are still quite appropriate.

Shoes with wider heels, as well as wedge sole shoes, are still fashionable, but again, mostly for when you’re dressed up for some reason. I get complements on my wedge heel and block heel sandals which have 2” to 3” heel heights, even when I wear them with jeans and a t-shirt at the grocery store. But the only time I would wear stiletto heels to a grocery store or mall would be on the way to or from a fancy-dress occasion. I wear wedge heels a lot at home, simply because I like how it feels. And if anyone does see me, again, my legs look better because of the heels.

FYI - I am 62, but I look and dress more like I am in my late 20’s to mid 40’s. I am a transgender woman, living full time female for the last two years, and I pass for cisgender female much more often than not while out in public.

My wife and I went shopping yesterday. I came home with an expensive pair of black pumps, Micheal Kors, regular price $109 on sale for $38. Plus we both bought strappy high heel sandals, Zetla from Jessica Simpson, regular price $100, on sale for $15!!

Best part was my wife was on board and we had a fun time. Still too chicken to try on in the store, but we talked about it.
    Last edited by Pumped; 07-19-2020 at 06:48 PM.

I?ve only got three pairs of heels but I really like them. My wife was surprised when I told her I had some. Se knows/is cool with the CDing but just surprised I could walk in them. She?s loves Rocky Horror so thought I?d surprise her with some on me.

I sometimes knock around the house in heels and knickers, nothing else.

To me, heels are just complete the package- I doubt I would find this as much fun wearing flats or sneakers with my outfits. Probably would not wear them outside the house as I doubt I'd last more then 15 or 20 minutes in them...but I certainly can enjoy them while sitting down. Just makes me feel more feminine I guess.
    -Cheryllynn

I have about 25 women on my floor and all wear heels of some sort except maybe on Friday when allowed to dress more causal. My secretary is constantly wearing 4-5" heels with no platform. Platform shoes are frowned on around here which for me is great as I am already 6' and have no need for platforms.

I wear 4" most of the time, but some outfits I like wearing 5" heels. I sit behind a desk most of the day, so not much walking involved. Most of my longer walks involve getting to and from work. High heels is what started me down this path and it lead to me wearing skirts to give the look heels require. I really try not be walk like a woman but its hard not too. I mean, I do want to look good as well so walking is part of the look as well.

I wear heels and skirts not because I feel feminine, I wear them because I want too. I want to be different and I enjoy all the colorful options a skirt and high heels offer versus drab men's shoes and pants.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    If I'm dressing head to toe, heels are just as important to me as the wig.
    I don't always go for the 4 or 5 inch heels, it depends on the dress, where &
    how far I'll be walking. I have some wedge heels that are very comfortable
    for walking long distances and still give me the feminine look I like.
    The heels are so unlike any male shoes they really make me feel more
    feminine and confident in my look. Even if gg's don't wear them much anymore
    hopefully our cd & tg sisters will continue the tradition
    Hugs
    Samantha

I definitely love heels because they do make your legs look more feminine. As for wearing heels in the kitchen a few months ago I was making lunch in full Danielle mode and I was surprised how much different it felt physically. I was chopping some vegetables and it was very noticeable I was towering over the chopping block compared to normal. Also combined with the tilt of the heels having breasts changed my entire centre of balance leaning over the counter.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Whether or not someone wears heels is almost like discussing politics. People are either all in or all out. In my experience you either love to wear heels or maybe don't even own a pair. I'm tall and I love heels and I wear them anyway and everyone says I don't need them and I don't care. LOL I think many people can't wear them. I think their feet hurt when they look at my heels. They wonder how I do it. That adds to the Mystique. I can wear them all night. Many are amazed and wonder how i do it. If it was easy and everyone did it I don't know if it would be so much fun. Who am I kidding? it would still be fun but it would take it down a little bit. I like that so many have a love-hate relationship with high heels. It makes wearing them that much more special. As far as damaging floors, that's entirely possible. That may be why metal heel tips aren't common although I think my friends here across the pond might have an easier time getting them. We don't have them much here in the states if at all and I think it's to protect the floors. There is a fetish that I guess stems from trampling and other things like that where people like to see things broken up by stepping on them and an extension of that is to see damage on the floor caused by the powerful heels. I like to keep things nice and I would never want that to happen and I do look out for that to make sure I don't cause a situation like that and I don't think I ever have. I may have made a few small marks on linoleum but nothing major.

I love wearing my heels, the sound they make when walking on a hard surface is amazing, All I have is 5 inch and 6 inch with platform, nothing better to feel feminine
    Steffanie52

Reality Check
    I wouldn't equate wearing heels to politics. I have a couple pairs of pumps that I wear occasionally, but for every day, I'm just a normal woman and wear flats.

I have nothing against heels or people who wear them.
    Krisi