Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heels?

Reality Check

Heels?

What's the deal with heels? I was reading another thread questioning whether high heels would damage flooring in the kitchen and several people commented that they cook wearing heels. Is it a fetish? A compulsion?

Women I know don't normally wear heels. They might wear heels to a wedding or funeral but not every day unless they are expected for work, and they certainly don't wear heels while cooking or doing housework. My wife doesn't own a pair of heels (I do though) and hasn't for years. Out in public, I rarely see women wearing heels. It's mostly sneakers or sandals. Once in a while, a pair of flats.

So why is wearing heels important to you? Does it make you feel more like a woman? Sexy? Come on, let's hear your reason.
    Krisi

The sound of heels on a floor is kinda sexy to me, and I like the look and feel in general. I actually have more of a thing for sexy boots than just heels in general. But, I suppose wearing heels frequently can help develop more feminine attributes, like more shapely legs and even force a more feminine walk.

It's simple, I like wearing heels.

I have about 200 pairs of shoes maybe twenty of them are flats that a hardly wear or only for work.

Flats feel like in walking up hill. I will wear them to the beach but even here if I'm wearing heels I just take them off when I get to the sand.

A close friend asked me this question a while ago. I told her simply I wear flats and jeans to work, even though they are women's, I think of them as guy clothes, and I only do that for work.

At work I'm up and down ladders every day. Walking on my tip toes is normal for me.

As far as what my friends (GGs) wear. That has little influence on me. Most of the time I'm the only one in a dress and heels in the daytime, nighttime is different.

I don't wear shoes around the house, there was a time that I did. Now I only put on makeup and shoes when I leave the house, but I'm out and live as Jean, so that's sometimes everyday.

As far as everyone here, as you know most are in the closet, so dressing at home is their only opportunity to wear their heels.

As far as women,

my Mom always wore a dress and heels. Mostly pumps with short heels. She didn't even own any pants or flats.

My wife , for the first twenty years she always wore heels, yes even working on the house, gardening, it didn't matter.

My best friend (GG) mostly wears flats during the day and heels if she goes out at night.

Yes some women are like my sister. She didn't have one dress or pair of heels when I cleaned out her place a little over a year ago, after she had passed away.

Banned Read only
    The vast majority of women today aren't interested in expressing gender stereotypes and, therefore, dress for comfort and convenience. Hence, t-shirts, jeans, leggings, sneakers, and other mostly androgynous gear. On the other hand, the crossdresser is often (to varying degrees) consumed with expressing gender stereotypes. Hence, hosiery, heels, lots of makeup, etc. Personally, I have been wearing t-shirts, jeans and sneakers my entire life as a guy. What would be the point of attempting to pass as a woman wearing clothes that is indistinguishable from what I have always worn?

Just my 2 cents... I could be waaayyy off base.

I think it might go back to the generation we were raised in. From the posts I've read, most on this site are 55+, so that would put us in the era where much of the advertising and movies we saw growing up had women in heels. (yes, advertising and movies are VERY influential on young impressionable minds) So June Cleaver, Doris Day and the like, as we saw them, tended to be our role models (if you were a budding cross dresser back then), and when we saw them, they were dressed to the "nines". So for us, heels are a thing.
    Again just my take on things......
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Banned Read only
    In the future, everyone will be considered non-binary and will wear grey hoodies with khaki pants and white sneakers. No one will remember what all the fuss was about crossdressing.

Even though I am partially out in the world, I probably still wear heels more at home than out. If I doing something like thrift shopping or grocery shopping while dressed, I am typically in flip flops in the summer and booties in the winter, they are more practical for those kind of tasks. I typically only wear the heels out for special events like GNO or attending drag shows. At home, sometimes it is about fetish, sometimes its about pulling together a cute outfit, other times is wearing a new pair of heels I don't have a chance soon to wear someplace specifically.

It is weird to have shoes on in my house since otherwise shoes are off in the house. Granted my in laws wear their shoes in our house (at their house they change into house shoes). Referring to TV shows for shoes in the house doesn't reflect the culture, as my take on it is that wearing shoes is more aesthetic than bare feet or socks so TV would rather the actors wear shoes in the house.
    Last edited by Asew; 07-02-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Heels important...yes. Feel more like a woman? Of course...who else wears them? Cowboys? Sexy? Yes. Fetish? Yes. Compulsion? Yes. Comfortable? At first. Cons...my golfing buddy is a podiatrist. He attributes his success and financial comfort to one thing...you guessed it...high heels. Years ago, he explained the damage prolonged wearing of high heels does to the toes, arches, Achilles? tendon, calf muscles and lower back. Really scary. My wife gave away all her high heels. It?s all about comfort now, thus flats, sandals, slippers, etc. 2? heels are the highest I own. Damage to wood floors...yes.

At the risk of committing an act of blasphemy here, i don't care for high heels. I prefer more practical footwear such as trainers (sneakers) or very low heeled ankle boots.
    My wife seldom, if ever, wears high-heeled footwear either.

Monica, i now identify as NB, but i don't wear grey hoodies, khaki trousers & white trainers. (I know you were only joking, haha)
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

We love femininity and that may be different to each of us, based on our different environments. So the US media/advertisers has shown women wearing heels. So that is one reason. And legs look better in high heels than flats. And I like to show off my legs. But I don't wear them for more than a few hours and don't walk outside in them.
    Hugs, Ellen

Aspiring Member
    Most of the CDs here wear heels, pantyhose, dresses, bras, skirts, etc. Much more often than most women I know including my wife, sisters, in laws, friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    ...Women I know don't normally wear heels...and they certainly don't wear heels while cooking or doing housework...
    That's because you're living in the wrong era, Krisi, not during the 1950's or early 1960's. Just think of all those sitcoms back then...Leave It To Beaver, Father Knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet, The Dick van Dyke Show etc. June Cleaver was famous for wearing stylish dresses and heels around the house while going about her chores. And don't forget the pearls...ohhh!...those lovely pearls she always wore...

wearing high heels to cook dinner sounds strange whats even stranger is a woman who wears stilettos to bed lol

I was talking to CD once that said she liked to wear heels while vacuuming! Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Yes, heels are one of my many fetishes. I can't walk in them for very long because they're not good for my feet. Some heels have a very sexy appeal - pant, pant! They change ugly men's feet into something feminine, glamorous and sexy.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I guess in my mind...(very scary place by the way).. I don't get to be a woman very often and when I do I want to be the best woman I can be. Heels is just part of that.
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Platinum Member
    I am almost 73 (later this month). I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's. Women in my neighborhood did NOT wear pants. There was one woman, a divorced woman, who was looked askance by the other woman for wearing pants and being divorced. As to foot wear woman wore flip-flops or sandals or maybe a shoe without any rise. Yes, on Sunday or a wedding or funeral women dressed up. It was unheard of for a woman not to wear a dress and heels to church. And, for Roman Catholics it was a head covering. Televison shows always had the wife wearing a dress and heels (Leave It to Beaver, Ozzie and Harriet).

As others have stated also, my view of femininity was formed by the women around me in the 1950's and 1960's. Even little girls in the 1950's wore dresses when they played or rode a bike which was designed for females in dresses.

I had to chuckle at your questions. My question for this forum is "What's going on with everyone wearing pants?" Pants made for women are a garment co-opted from the men's section. Throw on a bra and panty, and, then pants! Yuck! No need to respond to the question. I know I will get the same response I get from my wife, who, coincidentally is now "crossdressing" because she decided "men's" shorts are more functional than women's shorts. Women's shorts have lousy pockets. My wife picked up the fashion trend from our neighbor across the street. So, if I apply his concept to womanhood, then a man "underdressing" in bra and panty with his male street clothing is making a fashion statement of the "new woman." Neither wear makeup on a daily basis, either.

No pants for me. Dresses and heels, please.

I discovered them only a year ago. I'm tall and it's really funny to suddenly stand a few inches higher. Plus I love the graphics look of it, if you draw a female silhouette from the side in flats and then add heels it really brings style and energy to it. I sense this when I wear them and it makes me feel great. They are somewhat mythical to me as I very much admire them on women and dreamt for so long of having a pair of my own and was sad that it was a thing reserved to ladies. Plus the click click click. And the new posture when crouching. It's just tons of fun across the board. I know I will sound a total loony to any GG reading this including my wife I know I am. Heck, what can I do... Anyway, that was my declaration of love to heels....
    Last edited by DianeT; 07-02-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Krisi, I'm sure you're aware some of us r NOT satisfied to simply present as female. We strive to look like attractive, sexy females!
    Especially CD's who don't need or care to dress every day!

Hi heels, 4" and over, not only make your legs appear slimmer and longer? They also modify your posture and your gait!

I LOVE watching myself walk in hi heels in the shop windows as I mince by!

If it's a fetish, it AIN'T like your pantie thing. Because u and everyone can see your heels!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-02-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    I only have one pair of flat shoes and I do my gardening in them otherwise all my shoes and wedges have some sort of heel . I wear wedges to do all my jobs around the town and often forget to slip them off when I return home . Legs really do look better with a heel no matter how small , I feel skirts and dresses need that lift to look right , I would sooner wear them than wear a dress or skirt in trainers , that look does nothing for me .

I admit I'm more selective when I wear smart heels , I certainly wouldn't wear them for everyday , sadly I feel we can now look old fashioned wearing them at the wrong time .

My reason is I've basically clomped around in clumsy male shoes for most of my life , it is nice to finally look more elegant and feel more feminine and I accept sexy at times .

Monica ,
    I don't consider myself NB and have never worn a grey hoodie and white trainers and never will , so I hope your prediction proves totally wrong otherwise why did I and many others separate from our wives ?
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-02-2020 at 01:53 PM.

One night, home alone, 7th Grade, I was reading a paperback that mentioned that a character was wearing high heels. Pow. I tried on a pair of my sister's heels, and that was the first cross-dressing I did. I wear heels with every outfit I own. High heels are my reason for dressing, although, yes, they are not comfortable. I walked a half mile at a Pride celebration two years ago--OW! (but so much fun)

I have plantar fasciitis, and currently I only wear certain sneakers for good support. If I wear anything else for more than a couple of hours I feel it.

I want to try heels, but not sure I can.

It depends on the look you like and your "hot" button. Heels for me are more important that any other article of clothing. I wear heels every day, heeled boots all day. Fetish? Perhaps. I know I get up in the morning and slip on a pair of heels while getting ready. In the evening, while winding down for the night I am wearing heels. I wear heels more hours a day that my wife, and she wears low heels to work.

You can take away my "boobs", my undies and dresses, but there will be a battle if you try take my high heels.

Everyone has something that makes them about crazy, one way or another. Many of us it is high heels.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The thing is? Some T's think of 3 1/2" heels as high!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-03-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    The thing is? Some T's think of 3 1/2 " heels as high!
    If you wear a women's size 5 then 3 1/2" is high, aesthetically. If you wear a size 12, as I do then, 3 1/2'' is not so much.

I wear a size 10, and can do a 4" heel comfortably and walk in them without looking stupid. I think I have reached my limit. My ankles don't want to bend any farther, not that I haven't tried. I believe I have simply reached the end of the range of motion in my ankles.

I look at pictures of woman wearing 5 and 6 inch heels and the top of thier foot is parallel or even farther to thier leg. I am envious of that range of motion.

Like this,

s-l640.jpg