Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heels?

As I'm out and about the whole time, heels don't enter into it, even at work (when the office is open). Comfort, that's what it's all about.

Girls, heels is a real treat at home, walking on hard floor with my long skirt rubbing on my legs.

It feels great .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Aspiring Member
    I have just seen this thread. I was the one who asked about heels and floors and so played a part in getting the thread started. About 95% of the women's shoes I own (I have a LOT) have heels. I only wear the flats when I wear a skirt as a man. I own women's trousers but almost never wear them. For some of us this is not about being a woman or blending in. It is about wearing lovely clothes and looking good in them. I am fortunate that I have a figure that looks good in a dress and legs that women envy. Women have told me I look better dressed in women's clothes than men's, even if I am not presenting as a woman. Why would I not want to take advantage of this? My heels are not super-high - just a bit above average. I wear size 8 so not too difficult to get hold of. If you wear leather they can be perfectly comfortable around the house - more so than men's shoes. If you go outside or have stone floors then after a while they can be agony. In Scotland there are still a lot of women who wear skirts and dresses and heels and the shops are full of all of these. You can wear a dress and tights (pantyhose) and heels to the supermarket and though you will be dressed more smartly than the average woman shopper, you will not stand out all that much. I also wear a slip which few women now wear but you can buy them in department stores and I doubt if it is all CDs buying them. I don't know why some CDs have trouble accepting that we are not all alike on here. Some of us don't want to be women or even feel feminine, let alone wear jeans and blend in. It is about clothes that are different and elegant and (most of all) FUN to wear. I wonder why some CDs like to get trussed up in uncomfortable shapewear but I do not ask them to justify it. The same with hip padding - sitting must be weird. My only additional bits are in my (perfectly ordinary 38B) bra. You could extend all the arguments about heels to nails. I have quite long, elegant nails but only rarely do I shape and paint them. Many young women now have very long elaborately ornamented (even extended) nails and they must get in the way at every turn - but they love them and pay for the opportunity. Because it is fun and makes them feel good. So why not? I like the sound of my heels when I first venture out of my car in a dress, with my handbag slung over my shoulder, ideally with a smart coat and leather gloves - I feel really elegant and confident (after the first three seconds). I am 5'9" so the heels make me much taller than the average woman, but there are lots of taller GGs. I do not mind if people realise I am male, as long as they think I am dressed well. To look 'right' in a dress heels are almost as necessary as a bust if you are male. I would not dream of wearing a dress with sneakers. The assertion that real women don't wear heels is absurd - the shops in Scotland are full of heels in much smaller sizes than men could fit into, and lots of women wear them voluntarily for work. I am going to visit my style consultant next week with a GG friend. At least two of us will be wearing heels. The first time I met this GG friend was at a fashion show for women and she and almost all the other women (and me) were in heels and dresses because they are part of the fun for many women too.

No outfit is complete without heels for me, whether on me or someone else. They just ooze sexy.
    I dont own a pair of flats, not girl flats anyway.
    OK, they can get uncomfortable after a while but they make me feel good, feminine and so theres no downside in my book.
    3? is about optimum for me, I?m comfortable walking on those, maybe 4? for a short time but I struggle with anything higher.
    Maybe I need more practice?

Stay happy
    Mwah!
    Susan

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I wouldn't equate wearing heels to politics.
    I didn't compare heels to politics. People usually have strong opinions about politics and similarly have strong opinions about heels. That was the comparison.

Hi,
    reading this reminds me ---years ago Airlines banned stilleto shoes because they punched holes through the cabin floor of the aircraft........

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Jones View Post
    Hi,
    reading this reminds me ---years ago Airlines banned stilleto shoes because they punched holes through the cabin floor of the aircraft........
    Guess that was back when they were made of paper mache and balsa wood. Lol only real issue I heard today is not on the safety chute. They could get caught.

Hi,
    Could get caught or punture the slide!

Banned Read only
    Lots of people here are stuck in a past that never existed.

They imagine themselves as June Cleaver, going about her day vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry, cooking, corralling children, etc. dressed to the 9's wearing heels and pearls.

Ignoring that their mothers never did anything like that.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-30-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    June Cleaver wasn't well known in the UK but what you describe is the perfect picture most people paint . I nicely turned out woman with a shapely figure , a pretty dress that has some fullness , nice legs made to look more shapely with a pair of heels .

The image of the perfect little woman standing by the front door to greet dear old hubby from work and the children from school , lasted from the mid fifties into the early seventies . Reality ! Of course it wasn't .

Silver Member
    Whether GG wear heels really depends on where you are. I seldom see GGs wearing them here, unless they are going to a formal event. Back in the day, business ladies wore skirt suits and not necessarily high heels some kind of office appropriate shoe with some heel; now it is all pants and often sneakers of all things. I live in a rural town. In Manhattan women probably dress up more on a daily basis. I would say that here in a rural town, the more mature women tend to dress up more than the young ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    Why is this? Could be many reasons. One off the top of my head? Over the decades women (and men!) have gotten HEAVIER.
    So, what's typically easier on the feet & other parts of the body, when wearing heels... Weighing 140 pounds -- or 200?
    There is some truth to that, though as someone who weighs well over 200 pounds I have no difficulty wearing 3" and 4" heels. (Granted, I have very large feet and huge calf muscles.) More than that though is larger women tend to have low self esteem when it comes to their looks and don't tend to dress up much (obviously there are exceptions.) Which, as someone who likes larger women, think is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    You can wear a dress and tights (pantyhose) and heels to the supermarket and though you will be dressed more smartly than the average woman shopper, you will not stand out all that much. I also wear a slip which few women now wear but you can buy them in department stores and I doubt if it is all CDs buying them. I don't know why some CDs have trouble accepting that we are not all alike on here. Some of us don't want to be women or even feel feminine, let alone wear jeans and blend in. It is about clothes that are different and elegant and (most of all) FUN to wear. I wonder why some CDs like to get trussed up in uncomfortable shapewear but I do not ask them to justify it.
    You can do the same here, though women in dresses and hose are not common at all, it won't really upset anyone. I wish they still sold slips here in department stores, they have been relegated to a specialty item in the US.

It seems that those who dress more for fashion than gender are a very small minority. I wouldn't mind not having to wear fake breasts and just wear the clothes. I like girdles and corsets though, those who like them enjoy the feeling of being squeezed which some find relaxing.

For what I can see, some women like heels some don't and furthermore it depends on the circumstances. Some like them and wore them a lot, some only on the special circumstances (clubs, weddings, others night out events), some don't wear them at all.
    Being, a occasional crossdesser (once in a month and only at home), so each time is a special event

I am a big fan of heels. From, my point of view, they the most feminine item with dresses.
    However, I have 2 flats shoes (ballerinas).

Another point for me, in heels (excepted pointed toe heels), feet seem less long.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

wearing high heels are a real joy and addiction may be because we see in public lot of sexy women wearing them in which consciously we pertain the same image in our head .....being sexy
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I wear 4" to 6" heels. Depends on my outfit. I just bought some nice 5 3/4" platform spiked heels yesterday. Black with chrome spikes on them. Very sexy looking..

Sadly, I can't wear heels because I have arthritis in one of my big toes and into the ball of the foot. The pressure applied to that area by the angle of heal is unbearable. It's a shame really since we have many nice pairs of heals in the house.

I wear my heels most every time I dress. I love the look and the feel.

I have three pairs of heels, two pair of pumps and a dressy pair of sandals. one pair of the pumps has four inch heals, the other is two and a half. The sandals, which I'm wearing at the moment, also have a two and a half inch heel.

I have two pairs of heels. I like them fine, but don't wear them that often when dressing. My style tends to be more casual, so flats go better. Also, in my mind, flats are just as feminine as heels.

What I don't own is a pair of boots. I should look into fixing that.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Jones View Post
    Hi,
    I was a flight attendant for a couple of years. I can confirm we were taught to tell people with heels to take them off before going down the slide/getting into a raft

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    For me personally high heels are a MUST when I doll up.
    It has a lot to do with that I never wear heels in guy-mode outside the house.
    It really changes it up for me; the same goes with a skirt/dress and a choker/collar.
    It is what I don't wear when out as a guy I guess.
    I'll sometimes where a Utilikilt normally, but not that often.
    Heels definitely make me feel more womanly.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Aspiring Member
    I have always loved seeing a beautiful pair of heels. As soon as I slipped into a pair of heels, i was hooked. Probably at least 200 pairs. 4" 5" and 6". Mostly open toe. Last year, I fell in love with high heels ankle booties... I worked up the courage to "fly pretty", wearing my flared jeans and pair of high heeled booties on a trip to CA. Walking through the airport at Dulles and hearing my heels click click on the concrete floor was amazing. I was in heaven all the way to CA. I've gotten bold to actually try on heels in stores in male mode. I am jealous of all my co-workers wearing open toe heels during the summer. I spend the day wearing steel toe boots.

I don't get the fascination with heels at all, they are just so hard to walk in. I feel like i am going to break my ankle every time. However, flats are what drew me into feminine footwear. The Vince Camuto Ellen flats, after just a little wear, feel like butter on the feet.

I wear wedge heels when I'm out and about. Very easy to walk in. At home I'll wear 2"-3" pumps depending on my mood. 2" heels are pretty easy for me to walk in and I think they're pretty sexy too.

If I don't wear heels when dressed, I'm not dressed. Minimum 5 inches, most of them 6 inch platform heels. They are an integral part of the package. I find myself buying heels to match dresses, or dresses to match the heels. I don't venture out of the house, but I am steady on my feet after years of dressing up often around the house (and at times in hotel rooms) so I do get to hear the tapping on bare floors and can handle walking on carpet too.

Karen

I think heels are sexy and I have a few pairs, but I have more flats then anything. They're cute, comfortable and versatile. They go with jeans, a dress, shorts, leggings, ect and just as feminine as heels IMO

Did someone say heels!! I love them!!👠👠👠❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️