Thread: You Have to Laugh !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You Have to Laugh !

Place ,-- Liverpool U.K.
    Having seen my wife onto the train for London to visit our Daughter no2 i went to a large PRIMARK store we have in the city center ( has 5 floors & is crowded -- before covid that is ) i went up to the shoe Dpt as they do a limited range of size 9 "D" width shoes ( U.K. size ) my usual place to look is the reduced section. I found a pair of Ankle boots size 9 & decided to try them on. Having located a quite area i put on one of the shoes ( left one ) as i have a bunion on that foot. It was a neat fit & when i came to remove the shoe i couldnt......
    I pulled ,twisted the shoe but no luck-- female shoppers walked past a 77 year old male trying to remove a shoe, the shop staff were doing other things.....
    i leaned against a wall & pulled , twisted the shoe-- nope it wanted to stay.... & the shoppers ( female ) walked past..........
    Things were getting serious ..........
    i sat on ----- the floor & pulled heaved on the shoe .. the shoppers walked past........
    by now i was having thoughts of having to go to the checkout & lift my leg onto the counter to scan the shoe......
    I lay down on the floor , it was a a warm day so i was -- er-- perspiring , with the efort or heat i dont know !
    By now i was looking at walking round liverpool with one male shoe & one female shoe on, people think Merseysiders a a strange lot but i didnt want to add to that......
    I lay on my back on the floor -- lots of shoppers now all walking around me... Things are looking grim !
    I continued to pull & twist -- i took my coat off & put it along side my shopping bag . & the shoppers walked past.....
    After what seemed an age it came off -- i was spared the indignity of walking round town with a male shoe on one foot & a 3" stilleto boot on the other. i bought the boots & having brought them home-- gave the inside a coat of petrolium jelly & now after a few months they are fine !
    Was i embarrested................. ?
    Liz
    P.S.-- Should add the shoes were reduced down to pounds 7 from pounds15.
    Last edited by Liz Jones; 07-04-2020 at 07:00 AM.