Thread: You Have to Laugh !

You Have to Laugh !

Place ,-- Liverpool U.K.
    Having seen my wife onto the train for London to visit our Daughter no2 i went to a large PRIMARK store we have in the city center ( has 5 floors & is crowded -- before covid that is ) i went up to the shoe Dpt as they do a limited range of size 9 "D" width shoes ( U.K. size ) my usual place to look is the reduced section. I found a pair of Ankle boots size 9 & decided to try them on. Having located a quite area i put on one of the shoes ( left one ) as i have a bunion on that foot. It was a neat fit & when i came to remove the shoe i couldnt......
    I pulled ,twisted the shoe but no luck-- female shoppers walked past a 77 year old male trying to remove a shoe, the shop staff were doing other things.....
    i leaned against a wall & pulled , twisted the shoe-- nope it wanted to stay.... & the shoppers ( female ) walked past..........
    Things were getting serious ..........
    i sat on ----- the floor & pulled heaved on the shoe .. the shoppers walked past........
    by now i was having thoughts of having to go to the checkout & lift my leg onto the counter to scan the shoe......
    I lay down on the floor , it was a a warm day so i was -- er-- perspiring , with the efort or heat i dont know !
    By now i was looking at walking round liverpool with one male shoe & one female shoe on, people think Merseysiders a a strange lot but i didnt want to add to that......
    I lay on my back on the floor -- lots of shoppers now all walking around me... Things are looking grim !
    I continued to pull & twist -- i took my coat off & put it along side my shopping bag . & the shoppers walked past.....
    After what seemed an age it came off -- i was spared the indignity of walking round town with a male shoe on one foot & a 3" stilleto boot on the other. i bought the boots & having brought them home-- gave the inside a coat of petrolium jelly & now after a few months they are fine !
    Was i embarrested................. ?
    Liz
    P.S.-- Should add the shoes were reduced down to pounds 7 from pounds15.
    Last edited by Liz Jones; 07-04-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Well that was an adventure....lol X x x

Liz, Pretty funny except if you are the one experiencing it. Maybe you need to have one of our members from the same area on speed dial just in case.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Well that was an adventure....lol X x x
    Hi Vicky scot,
    have a look at my page -- the "about me" bit-- concerns ABERFELDY.........

Hi Liz, I have heard of people getting stuck in dresses in department stores but never shoes. Glad you snatched victory from the jaws of de-feet. Sorry about that I could resist.

Thank you Liz, You brought a smile to my face when I read this I can only imagine how you must have felt. Take care

Very funny indeed, you realise of course that the definition of defeat is what deboots go on !!!!?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Hey Liz , that is pretty funny in retrospect; although at the time it was probably not so funny to you. Thanks for sharing the story as it made me smile.

Sandi

Liz,

It's those little gremlins, the ones with the superglue that do that.

The other thing that gets reported here from time to time is the dress or skirt with the stuck zip however that's most likely to happen when someone "borrows" their SO's clothing just for a try on.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Ohh ... I?ve had lots of fun in Primark but never thought of looking at shoes because I didn?t think they?d have anything on my size. Now when can I get to Westfield 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Very funny indeed, you realise of course that the definition of defeat is what deboots go on !!!!?
    This is so Bobbi46, LOL
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by JennyMay View Post
    Ohh ... I?ve had lots of fun in Primark but never thought of looking at shoes because I didn?t think they?d have anything on my size. Now when can I get to Westfield 😀
    Hi JennyMay,
    look for the display of extra wide shoes or if a smaller store look for the label the shoes hang on -- turquiose with a ( at the top & the word wide underneath. the range is not large but .......
    Liz

Oh I feel the pain.........

Hi Liz if you could not get it off you could have put the other one on and walked around Liverpool. If anyone commented on the shoes just say you are a Liverpool supporter they do crazy things. This is coming from an Everton supported and fellow scouser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Bobbie 46,
    should that not be spelt DefeEt....... :-)

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If you think thats funny go to my page & look at the "About Me " page, more laughs...........
    Liz

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie205 View Post
    Hi Liz if you could not get it off you could have put the other one on and walked around Liverpool. If anyone commented on the shoes just say you are a Liverpool supporter they do crazy things. This is coming from an Everton supported and fellow scouser.
    Ah ! wondered who the one & only Everton supporter was.... Madam ,i am NOT a "scouser" but a very superior CAT from the wirral..... :-)

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    Just one question , were you trying them on in bare feet ? I know some shoes and boots are very difficult to slip off in bare feet especially when it's hot .

I have so many funny stories from trying on shoes in stores , your story just jogged my memory .

As others have said getting stuck and possibly caught in a dress is bad enough added to that being stuck in footwear you have no chance .

If Candid Camera was still running some might of thought it was a prank for hidden cameras ! On one occasion in Next I had a SA think just that , she was looking round searching for the camera when I stood up (in drab ) wearing a pair of snakeskin heels , much to the amusement of two other SAs and some customers .

I don't have that problem anymore I can take my time as I don't shop in drab .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-04-2020 at 06:56 PM.

I could not decide between replying with “talk about putting your foot in it” or a picture of Winnie the Pooh stuck in Rabbit’s doorway. What an adventure, either way!

just looking at my comments --they are intended to be funny --NOT to upset or hurt anyone--just have a odd sense of humor (says the wife ) its my former profession thats to blame.......

That was funny, panty hose can help

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Wow, Liz..... Sounds like you had a hard time getting that shoe off, but I'm glad you finally did! LOL Thankfully, I've never had an experience like that..... I know my shoe size, 11W U.S. and that's the only size that I'll even try on.

However, it does sound like you tried on a shoe that was YOUR size, but it was still too tight. I do hear of clothing and shoes that says it's a particular size, even in your size, but once you try it on, it's either too big or too small.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Have a look at my page &about me........
    Liz

Reality Check
    Good story.

I once tried on a winter coat in a store (which of course was kept at a normal indoor temperature). I zipped it up and the zipper jammed. I couldn't get the zipper down and couldn't get the coat off. I was beginning to get overheated.

I went to the checkout and tried to explain my problem but none of the employees would help me. I finally managed to get the coat off over my head and just left it on the counter and walked out of the store.
    Krisi