Recently I applied for and secured a part-time job with a supermarket chain, as 'Jodie', All my legal paperwork has his name, but they did give me a name tag with "Jodie" on it.

I was worried when I presented as transgender for the interview, black skirt suit, white blouse, low heels, but was encouraged by the Organizations website that welcomes and encourages diversity. They offered me the job, and I accepted.

So today was my first day, on the floor, training with another employee. Outfit was girl jeans, corporate supplied top, apron and hat. and sneakers. I had no problems, at all, with customers, or staff! One supervisor, a woman, pulled me to the side and asked what my preferred name and pronouns were, because she wanted me to be comfortable! So sweet of her!

I'm happy, excited, but also nervous as all get-out, because now, I MUST present as Jodie, everyday, for consistency's sake.

That's the happy, giddy, good news.

Now for the Question.....

Every single GG employee referred to me with the correct pronouns: she, her, etc.

MOST of the male employees were mostly neutral.... in that they would say "hi", but avoided using any pronouns when referring to me. Some of them would refer to me as 'she' or 'her', but most would just use "Jodie" when addressing me.

Now, I want to stress that I felt NO anger, hostility, or negativity from any of the staff! Or even customers. A few of them gave me a second, and third glance, but no one evidenced any negative emotions or attitudes!

Now, to the Question:

Does anyone find that genetic women seem more accepting of the transgender community? Or am I just blessed to live in an area where genetic women are more accepting?