My lawns aren't large but because I live on a hillside they are on four levels which means I have to lift my lawn mower from one level to the next , the one I use at the moment is really too big and heavy but it does a good job so I put up with the lifting . Today the drive to the roller assembly sheared , I tried to find spares but it's now too old . I did a search on the internet and discovered my local out of town store stock a range at discount prices so I gave them a call to check if the model I'd chosen was in stock , it was and as I needed to finish cutting my lawns I set off to buy the new one . The salesman was the same person I spoke to on the phone , OK he did do a double take because of what I sounded like on the phone but he was so pleasant and we were soon chatting about the various points on the mower . I then said I'd better pick it up to see how heavy it is compared with my old one , I slipped my handbag off my shoulder and nearly handed it to him to hold but thought better of it , without further thought I picked the mower up , he rushed forward saying , " may I help you with that ? " much to the surprise of him and other customers I walked a few steps checking out it's weight . I then joked with him saying I don't need a gym to workout as I had to do that twice a week , so then he pulled my leg by asking if I lift it above my head ? So I replied , I tried that but I end up with oil and grass cuttings in my hair !

I couldn't be bothered to change when I returned home so I unpacked it and tried it on my unfinished lawn , I did catch my neighbour giving me a smile over the fence when he saw me in a skirt and wedges cutting my lawn .