Thread: I can't believe I did this! Non Stop Shop

I can't believe I did this! Non Stop Shop

Earlier I had posted over on "Non Stop Shop" this:

I'm a reverse shop-o-holic. Let me explain, last summer I was in Grand Junction CO and I went into a thrift/consignment store that had almost 50 pairs of Vanity Fair and Lorraine NWT patterned panties for $3 and 1/3 off. I was in heavy. These hit my sweet spot. I bought them all. I almost felt sorry for the clerk, she had to ring each one up individually then do the 33% off and subtotal for each panty.

This summer, we stayed at home because of the virus. I cleaned out my closets and attic. I had more clothes that I thought I had. Lots of NWT gowns, robes and panties. I would buy these things almost compulsively when I was not as old as I am now.

Now, I'm culling the herd. I brought two large batches of nwot lingerie adn night clothes as well as lots of panties and other clothes to two thrift stores in town. Later, I went to the store and saw my old stuff out. I was always so crazy, I would always buy two of everything, panties, pajamas, gowns, robes, in as many colors as I could find. One to wear and the other to save. Save for what, I still don't know so I am letting stuff go, slowly.

So, if you live in or near Springfield MO and shop at Salvation Army or The Blind Store on Battlefield.... they should be stocked up with lingerie and tops and shells and bottoms and shorts and etc, etc, etc,

Now what happens is, I told my wife I was donating a lot of stuff and she thanked me for getting rid of it because it's one less burden on her. I used to sell a lot of my vintage lingerie on ehbay, NWT. So anyhow, after I posted this early, I went out in the loft of my shop and worked on my 1/64 diorama 18' x 42" my virus hobby. I stay up there until I start sweating then I come down. Tonight, after I came down, I took a refreshing shower and, as I like to do from time to time, decided to put on a new pair of panties. Since I had earlier mentioned those patterned Lorraines, I decided to wear a pair of those.

I could not find them. I keep my panties in plastic boxes. I looked all through them, in the garage, in the attic, I could not find them. I finally decided I must have included them in that big giveaway I gave to the thrift stores. I didn't plan to give them my good panties, I was saving them for special occasions. Shucks.

Sometimes we just need to cull the heard and that can be bittersweet but just remember all the fun you had through the years buying everything.
    Crissy

I came to the realisation some time ago that buying the same garment in different colours or keeping that baggy fit tee that I might wear "someday" was just clogging up my storage space needlessly.

I've become fairly ruthless over time in culling those things that I wore so infrequently and at the same time weren't that nice on was a pointless waste of space.

Let's face it while not ideal a gal can get by with two pairs of knickers, one on, one in the wash. Okay not an entirely realistic scenario but a couple of dozen to allow for different colours and styles should be sufficient for anyone.

If I were to go full time then I would need to top up my wardrobe to some extent but not massively. Let's face it in drab how many of us rely on a handful of clothes for our everyday wear.

Femme me would rather have a manageable sized collection than one were things rarely saw the light of day. Of course there are the exceptions, those really lovely "going out" dresses but in general having things I like to and do wear regularly makes more sense.

Oh well i hope your panties went to some one who really needed them. Now you can go out there and have fun buying some more!

You could always go and buy them back.