Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Face App) What do yo think?

(Face App) What do yo think?

As of now I'm a little disappointed with Face-App.

I find it so cool when a Guy puts the time an effort into cross-dressing.

Now with Face-App, if someone says you look great it's not real.

I spend at least 45 min. putting on makeup and quite a bit of time on hair.

Just ranting!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I’m ambivalent. I personally wouldn’t use it. Why would I want to photoshop someone else’s face on my picture? So anonymous strangers who have never met me can think I don’t look anything like I do? I know I can go out in public and have people tell me that I look good for real.

That said, I don’t have anything against people who do use it. If that is what makes them feel good about themself, then great. I am just concerned that it may give crossdressers unrealistic expectations.

I agree Judy, it doesn?t bother me when it?s used, but I like to see when people put the effort in! Plus, it is kinda obvious when it is being used.

I like it, it works better now and actually makes me look pretty, which I wouldn't be in any other way.

When we cross dress in closet where do we look ? In the mirror and what we expect? A charming girl . Face app gives you that instant effect, it can't change or enhance our feeling of cross dressing it put icing on cake. I personally love this app as it gives me better looks in short time, I then watch me in photos as many times as I can.
    I love to be in female attire and want to stay in it it as much time as possible.

The Face App is fine if you use it for entertainment.

Its ok to dream

Even some super models have pictures cleaned up. That has affected too many young women in a negative way.

I would not want anyone to have a sense of disappointment if the met me only to find out I did not match my photo (with a face app).

I would suggest its not for anyone who is out and about on a regular or daily basis.

Keeping it real seems much better.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I tried it the other day. Just me drab , no makeup. Scared the he'll out of me. Put me off going out and about ever again.......nearly.

I used one of my en femme photos and masculine-d it. I looked nothing like normal me. I appeared to be a different race, for one.

I tried it just to see what I would look like and if there is any level of hope. I was very disappointed when I tried the female 1 and female 2 options. It looked like me with long hair. When I went into Fun and chose gender swap, I was taken away by the results. It gave me something to shoot for.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I've never been impressed with them, or the virtual makeup programs. The makeup programs always make me look more male. The face swap ones are weird to me. I don't know why, but I don't like them.

Reality Check
    I can't see the point in doing any sort of photo editing on a 3X6" screen.

I have a program that runs on my computer that can apply makeup, mascara, etc. to my photo and that helps me see what I would look like fully made up. My computer screen is big enough that I ca do this and see the results clearly.

My phone is good for calling people though.
    Krisi

Until they make an "app" that can alter my face when I go out in real world, it's not very useful.
    Maybe for posting your pictures if you don't want to show your real face when still in the closet, but who knows, if reverse engineering is also possible and someone can re-edit your picture and post your real face online after that.

Banned Read only
    Read this before using FaceApp — you give up more personal data than you realize on this Russian-made app

Agree with Shelly. If you're using for play or fantasy purposes, I think it's great fun. That includes avatar pictures here. Lots of members here are having fun with their "hobby", and I say that image manipulation is wonderful addition to that, but if you're using it to in any way hide "the real you", you're crossing a line.

I used it for one pic and deleted it... now I can see what I'd like to look like when I put in the work.
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

Banned Read only
    Judy ,
    I had fun with editing packages and Photoshop years ago , nowday in 45 minutes I would have put my makeup on and dressed and been the the local supermarket and back .

I guess to some it really is a fascinating hobby .

Judy you always look great

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't have PhotoShop.

And, why waste time playing around with face apps when I can put on a completely new face in under 10 seconds?

Don't even have to shave off my beard and stash!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Krisi, please share your program with us, if you can.

Platinum Member
    IF I was a closet dresser (not that there is anything wrong with that) it would be entertaining. However, I go out into in the real world, where the app serves no purpose at all. Beyond an amusing fiction, perhaps you can try out different looks before mastering them yourself, is simply another toy.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I had some fun with the app. I posted before and afters for each one. I was able to make so many "improvements" with face app that you have to look really hard to see the real me. All in fun, but wow, If it was only so.
    I don't post a lot of pics but when I have they have always been "what you see is what you get."
    The face app photos were just for a little fun. You can see them here...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...s-Face-App-fun

I fully agree Judy, for me the ultimate is getting all dolled up with makeup, wig, sexy clothes, and all the accessories. In my experience, face app gives quite a range of results. Some are pretty good, others I can't delete fast enough. It has given me a look at some hair styles I like. The virus situation and having everyone home also severely limits opportunities to dress. Warping a few photos with faceapp is about as good as it gets for now.

when i did it ,it made me look younger which im not lol

I'm a fan. For closeted folk it's a way to get some happiness out of your day.

Photo manipulation has been going on since almost the start of photography.

When I get a compliment on one of my app'd up pics I do try to repeat that it's FaceApp or whatever. Try to caption or comment on every one what's going on digitally to get there, except in spots like here where it's used as an avatar or two and there's no captioning...

I have been having fun with the app. Effective word in that sentence is fun. It's fun to see what the outcome is. Also it gives me something to aim for. I leave the Faceapp water mark on them so I'm not seen as trying to pass off the picture as my results after hard work with makeup etc. Its an app, not real life.

That said I love some of my pictures from it!