This morning ( Thursday ) I was really looking forward to my planned day out , last week I'd booked online to view the formal gardens at Belvoir Castle ( pronounced Beaver , sorry no link but you can check it out on Google ) but it was pouring with rain so they kindly allowed me to reuse my ticket . My usual routine is just to wear knickers when I start to apply my makeup in the bathroom mirror , I'd just applied my concealer and was starting on my foundation when I heard drip ,drip , drip ! First I thought it was outside as it had just stopped raining but no it was somewhere in the bathroom , following the sound revealed it was the cold water feed to the toilet , the carpet was wet , so I thought it will have to be sorted , so I slipped on old jeans and a shirt . Luckily someone had fitted a second isolator on the supply so I soon had the connection apart to find the usual story of a metal connector tightened too tightly onto the plastic standpipe stripping the thread . I tried a new washer and wrapped PTFE tape round the joint but no joy , so I now had no choice but visit my builders merchant to buy a new inlet assembly . OK I don't do drab anymore so I stripped down to my knickers again and started to finish off my makeup next thing , the doorbell rang with a delivery , I grabbed a dressing gown and went to the door without opening it , these days the delivery people are dropping the parcels without a signature but this guy wanted one . I'm not doing voice training and in any event it would have been wasted , I shouted through the door to put the parcel on the doorstep , I just about managed to avoid using stronger language . So finally I finished my makeup slipped on my wig , jeans and Tshirt grabbed a lightweight jacket and flew off to buy new parts , half an hour later job done but by the time I finally cleared up and dried the carpet off my time slot had expired to view the gardens . Maybe next week , it's only ?10.00 perhaps the sun will have returned by then or could it just be fate as I bought a new sun dress to wear .

The one question that puzzles me , why is it something that is damaged like that water connection doesn't leak straight away , why does it take a week or a month or even years in this case ?