Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the acceptance level of your wife or SO

audreyinalbany, You definitely have some degree of acceptance, not the best but not the worst either.
    Thanks everyone for all the responses so far
    Crissy

I've been thinking on this, and here's what I've come up with...

If:
    0 is "I HATE the very idea, and there is no way I'm going to put up with it"
    5 is "I really don't give a fig what you wear - or don't"
    10 is " "I LOVE IT!!! lets get you dressed up right now!"

I guess I'd have to say my SO is about a 3-4: "I wish you didn't have this, but I can be OK within specific limits. And sometimes, I can even sorta forget what you are wearing."

Somewhere in the middle I guess, but I don't do very much. I'm happy with my level on the feminine side.

So mine was initially near a 6-7, dropped to below zero, and now perhaps 3-4. Quite a rollercoaster.

Mine is between 0 and 1.

My SO started out as a 4 when I first came out to her, but has slowly diminished to about a 2. Still together though

I think that if I dressed 'as a woman' my wife would be a 0 but since I'm totally a 'man-in-a-dress' she is probably a 7.5.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I’d say my wife on a scale of 1 to 10 is about 1.5. Which is better than I First came out to here. She was at least a negative -11

Probably about 5 or 6. I know from past comments and conversations she does not like what I’m doing (mostly MIAD)but she certainly does tolerate it. Although sometimes when I’m headed out the door I get quite the evil eye from her.

Zero, and it's unlikely to change.

Banned Read only
    Full and encouraging acceptance. She is awesome!!!!!

at first it was about a 2 and over time it has gone as high as maybe a 6 or 7 but right now i would say about a 3.5

To dressing it?s probably only 2, to sleeping in silk nightgown 6-7. She is happy with the being able to express a need for soft ?girly? items but not being a girl.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To answer the question of my wife's acceptance level, I start by using part of a Churchill quote, "women are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma".

From my day of coming out, things have progressed for the most part in my favour. I would say that anything that would fit into the category of under dressing has been in the 9 or 10 range, with one exception. My wife has always had difficulty with me wearing a bra. This has fluctuated between a 4 and an 8 several times over the years. So I will say that this is one of the tolerate items that I have to be careful about. She doesn't even like to see bra straps under my shirts. When it comes to skirts and hosiery she has only ever commented nicely about how nice my legs look. I never go out in a skirt, but hosiery is almost an always in the winter, but who sees what's under my jeans and shirt! Bedroom and sleep apparel has always been my free choice, so that is a big 10+ rating.

I have just come to accept that there are some things that she can stumble over, so I don't push my luck.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

21 years ago at Woodstock 99 told my then girl friend l like to wear panties. Laying in a tent she took hers off and said hear put these on. Got married in August 99

I had to first come out to myself, having done that in late 2014. After about 4 months building the courage, I told my wife. She has been a steadfast 10 and remains there. I put my own rules in places so as to never take that acceptance for granted and abuse the gift she has given me. I stick to those rules every day. I know I am in the minority on this one. We all have gifts and this just happens to me mine.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Probably a 5 or 6 here. She knows I dress, doesn't have an issue with it. I don't do it in front of her. She does buy me nail polish, and has given me some hand-me-down items she didn't want anymore. Knows not to throw out/donate any of her clothes before I have a chance to pick through them.
    -Cheryllynn

She accepted both sides. She dosn't care one bit. The only rule is she gets a man once and a while.

What is the acceptance level of your wife or SO? On a scale of 1-10?

Its a 10 and everything I wear to my persona...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Definately a 10 for me, my girlfriend (now) did not know I dressed originally but when she found out all was well and has remained so ever since
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    I don't go as far as most people here. But fir what I do, and depending on what activity it is, she ranges from 6/7 to 8/9/10. If I ever decided to try make up, that would probably be lower. But you never know.

5-6 but I didn't show her my femmine side yet. We have just a short view of my clothing.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Somewhere between 4-6. There's parts that don't bother her at all, and other parts that drive her nuts. She doesn't seem to bothered by my interest in fashion/makeup and sometimes enjoys having someone to talk to about it. She likes the idea of costumes and dressing up so that's good. She doesn't like the implication that I would prefer to be a woman, which is something I don't really push. She really doesn't like the fear of being "found out" and considered an accomplice.

Mine is a 0-2, she is deeply troubled by it and struggles with the subterfuge of it over the years, she feels it is a real breach of trust. However she told me that i didn't need to throw everything away and accepts that I have to work through the feelings so i understand them.

Basically the situation is very confused, so I have only dressed once since she confronted me about it in March amd not sure what the future holds

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    First it was a 5, then to a 3, then up to a 7, now its a 10+ to the point encouraging me to shop with her dressed.
    Drumming, My other hobby