Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of life style

Change of life style

My wife and I were out to dinner the other night, dressed as girlfriends. During dinner she said she had something to tell me and ask me. She told me she just received a big promotion at work, with a pay raise to which we could afford to live on her salary alone. She then asked me if I would consider quitting my job and becoming her wife full time. I was very happy for her job, and now I have a decision to make. I like my job but the thought of living full time as Chris is something I've always wanted to do. She has always been very happy with me as her girlfriend. So now I just have to decide.

Banned Read only
    Chrissy,
    Your profile page doesn't reveal your age so we don't know how close you are to retirement .

It's a very tempting offer well worth considering , the other option is as you enjoy your job is to come out at work so you can still have your income .

My wish now would be a companion to a woman but as I'm retired I wouldn't have to consider a work situation .

It's a very nice situation to be in .

Was this before or after the aliens landed and handed out party hats?

Silver Member
    This sounds stories based. However, keep working and enjoy the extra income. Hire housekeepers.

If it were me in this situation, I think that I'd jump on the opportunity.
    Think it over with your own situation.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy111 View Post
    She told me she just received a big promotion at work, with a pay raise to which we could afford to live on her salary alone. She then asked me if I would consider quitting my job and becoming her wife full time.
    That's my dream come true. I certainly can keep house better than my wife to begin with and like cooking and doing laundry. We have talked about it and agreed that if it were ever possible we both would be comfortable doing that.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't see why u can't do both? Keep working and be Chrissy when u get home and in your off hours.
    What would u do all day instead of working? U can only clean the bathroom and go grocery shopping so many times before it gets old.

Even if becoming Chrissy all day, every day doesn't?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Why do both when you don't have to? It sucks working all day then coming home and cooking/cleaning. I get it and I don't want to do it and I don't expect my wife to either.

There is enough to do around our house to keep a "housewife" busy during the day.

On top of having dinner cooking or ready when my wife gets home there's:
    Monday: Grocery day
    Tuesday: Cleaning day
    Wednesday: Laundry Day
    Thursday: Yard work
    Friday: Salon day

I would be able to intersperse some daily "self care" like exercise too and be able to relax with my wife after the dinner dishes are done. Plus I have plenty of hobbies to keep me busy if I ever managed to catch up on all the housework.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-11-2020 at 01:56 PM.

I'd be where do I sign.

The back and forth thing gets old.

I would have no problem keeping busy. If I don't have anything to do I will dream something up, and with all my friends.

I should add, I lived with as the lady of the house for a year when I was living with a boyfriend. I left that situation to live for three years with a woman and we became best friends.

Being able to be to be yourself is priceless.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 07-11-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Yeah...this story sounds like a fantasy come true...something out of Fictionmania or else Penthouse Forums or Variations letters, perhaps?

On the off-chance that it isn't... what doc said...being a full-time housewife can get old pretty soon, even when doing the June Cleaver routine and cleaning the toilets while wearing a pretty dress, nylons, heels, full makeup and oh yes!...those iconic pearls. Keep the job, dress like a woman full-time when you're off the clock and around your wife, and enjoy the extra income while you're at it...I mean, that much more to go around to spend on pretty girly stuff, right? Besides, why would your wife care if you're still in drab while you're at work...she doesn't see you then, anyway?

Mmh mmh.

Chrissy,

Can I ask, have you ever spent an extended time living enfemme 24/7? It is a wonderful offer but I would counsel that you need to blow away any pink fog and consider all the pro's and con's before making a decision as after all, this is a life changing move.

How do you see your average day living as Chrissy panning out? I've written many times about how much hard work it can be living enfemme 24/7. You need to be ready to present enfemme from the moment you get up. No more won't bother shaving days. Even dressing casually for us requires work especially if we're going to be presenting in public. It might be worth taking a 2 week holiday and do a dry run and see how that pans out but even then you need to make sure you're not caught up in some euphoria.

There's also the reality of general life to consider and the longer term potential gains. If your SO will earn enough to support you both then your existing income can become instant savings. Some years ago we opted to throw as much money as we could at our mortgage such that we paid it off many years early. Towards the end our finances were getting tight with little spare money to play with. However the moment the house was paid for that money we were paying out became savings. Our near empty bank balance quickly filled such that when we retired there was a decent sum of money we could use to enjoy in our retirement. I retired when 59, my wife at 60. We have decent pensions but having a wedge of money to call upon makes for a much better retirement.

It's things like that, the bigger life picture that I would urge you to give full consideration to. Yes, living our dream now is enticing but imagine what life could be life in even 4 or 5 years time if all your salary just goes straight into the bank. I'd also add that if it were the case that your job was one you hated I'd be saying leave now. However that seems not to be the case and you have to give consideration to the loss of social interaction that work brings and would you be able to replace that with you presenting enfemme to the world totally. Teresa and others have described how they have made a success of it but again it's something you need to give full consideration to. While not all I admit, it does seem to the the case that a good many now going 24/7 are living as singles. we've all heard of the wives stuck at home wish for the chance to get out more.

I know I sound like the doubting Thomasina but a little caution and a portion of common sense allied to a decision made after much consideration is likely to bring about the best outcome over all. Both retired, traveling as two ladies, free as birds, it's things such as that which need to be drawn into the calculations. Fools rush in........
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Think very carefully! dont jump in with both feet first! you dont say how old you are but lets say you are not close to retirement. You must consider the impact of a considerably lower pension payout if you pack up work now.
    Another consideration is that of your neighbours, do they all know that you dress? if so no problem with going outside for the mail etc.
    I know it sounds like a nice idea but the rosy picture you have now could fade over time.
    if I was you I would seriously consider the financial implications for the future.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I will give you the same advice that I give women. Take it or leave it, obviously, because it's your life.

Again, just my opinion but I think everyone should have the means to support themselves if the unthinkable life events should happen. This has nothing to do with the way you want to dress, do whatever you like in that arena.

Please keep in mind that if something should happen to your wife or her job, you are hanging out there without a safety net.

Regardless of how much money my wife makes, I would not quit my job to stay home. If you can live off one income, you can bank the other one. Dress when you get home.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Your mileage may vary but I don't think I could put myself in a dependent situation like that. I would not feel comfortable relying on someone else for all of my wants and needs.

I make considerably more than my wife , and it would have to be one hell of a pay raise to cover us both. That being said, I still consider my work a ?job? , not a ?career?. If this opportunity came , I would prefer to take a job I love, regardless of pay, not the job I need to pay bills. Next year I have a sizable bill dropping off, and then a few years later the mortgage will be done. Maybe I can do that then.
    As for living full time, I?m satisfied with being Joss just time to time.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I agree with Char and some others that you should think this through very carefully. I think it is important to maintain some kind of work outside of being a housewife. Keep in mind that through the last half of the 20th century a lot of housewives rebelled because they felt more like slaves being so strongly dominated by their husband. It may be hard to tell for sure, but I suggest you examine your wife's motives for suggesting this. Not saying she is up to a revenge plan, but it seems like it is a reversal of the traditional (meaning not modern or current) roles. I don't think that is what feminism, feminists and other folks that are strong believers in women's liberation (like me) envision. In the spirit of achieving equality which is what the movement is really about, you should be free to make your own choices without the pressured encouragement from your mate. But, each to his own and whatever decision you make I would be respectful of your choice even if I disagreed.

Years ago, when dating a woman that I hadn't come out to, she wanted me to be a house hubby. Tempting though it seemed, she was already becoming quite controlling. If I was in the dependent role, it would have escalated.
    A partnership of equals, regardless of the details, is essential.

Platinum Member
    I don't know how old you are; headed for retirement? Kids or siblings?

Sometimes I have a similar fantasy. However, the reality is staying home and being a homemaker is overrated. While your wife is working what would you be doing? There is just so many domestic chores that need to be done. Are you going to have friends over every day or just being alone everyday? My wife always needed to adult stimulation. I always encouraged her to have friends and get out when we were in the child rearing years. She had a part time job. We did not need the money. I have made sure our daughter (and son) were well educated. My daughter is raising her son in a solid marriage, but she still has a business and a master's degree. She has the education to take up the slack if my son-in-law were to keel over from coronavirus or die in an accident.

I would not recommend jumping into something as confining as being shut in doors as a home maker. June Cleaver sounds great until you find out how unfulfilling it may be. I would offer a suggest. If one of the goals is to grow out your hair rather than wear a wig, do it! Alter your work hours so she goes to work before you, and, she gets home after you. Then you can be chrissy when you are in her presence and still be your male self. When your wife gets home from work you can get her a glass of wine all dolled up and totally en femme. Even doing this, what happens on the weekend or her days off? Are the two of you going to be glued together at the hip forever and forever?

It sounds very tempting. But think v-e-r-y hard about it, and consider continuing working, max out both of your IRAs / 401Ks / other retirement savings, pay off other bills such as mortgages. Older you will thank you for it.

What would happen if she said, "bye, bye."?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Thank you all for your thoughts, I have after a lot of thinking decided to keep working. My wife is very supportive of my dressing so I can dress whenever I want. But paying off the mortgage and adding to our nest egg is the smartest thing for us. The funny thing is she new my answer before she asked me. I guess that comes from all our years together.

Chris's,

Right choice, in times to come both of you can enjoy time together safe in the knowledge that the roof over your head is yours and the bank can't come knocking asking for money or get out. Knowing I owned my bricks and mortar was a happy day.

Reality Check
    Well, this is the Internet and as Abe Lincoln often posted, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." Is this an actual situation or has somebody been taking creative writing classes? There's no way to know.

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, I wouldn't recommend quitting your job to become your wife's "wife" unless you have a really crappy job that you can easily replace if things don't work out. Something like a clerk at a convenience store.

Having two incomes and no children ("DINK"), you can both live a good life with a nice home, nice cars and a nice lifestyle. You want to give that up to live as a woman?

Are you a transsexual at heart and would you have the surgery to become a woman or would you just "crossdress" for the rest of your life?

Lastly, do you think it's a good idea to rely on the advice of strangers on the Internet for such a life changing decision?
    Krisi