A couple of add-ons to my original post on this topic.......

If you do decide to go the route of surgery please be aware that most surgeons want you to at least attempt voice therapy prior to surgery. And yes what Jeri Ann said is correct, there is no speaking or sound making for some time after the surgery, I've heard 2-8 weeks. Eeek! As well, after voice surgery you will still need voice therapy as typically you do not just speak your first words after surgery with a beautiful high pitched smooth voice. Oh and I do know someone who had the surgery and it didn't work so well, by her statements she likes my non-surgically achieved voice better.

Secondly, yes my voice is good, but I practice all of the time. As in several times per day, and have been doing so for the past 1.5 years, and will continue to practice until it becomes automatic, if that sort of thing will ever happen. I think it will, but only time will tell for sure. I have sayings that I do before I speak that help me to put my voice at the right pitch, I also have flashcards that I flip through and practice, multiple times per day. I have a voice support group I began with some friends. I practice with my wife, my sister, my students, in my car, while singing, blah, blah, blah. I'm a teacher and have been for 25 years. I am paying for my voice therapy out of my own pocket. I'm going to approach it with the attitude of an A+ student that knows she can succeed as long as she puts in enough time, effort, energy, dedication, and persistence.